All the TOP DOGS are going.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1240
This unit is very expensive $600 or even more
It is a satellite signal locator
Mainly to identify the 2 way Broadband Satellites like Direcway and Starband
communicates with the satellites digital transmissions with "Unique Satellite Information Data" known as (USID).

I don't think it is for a satellite hobbyest

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1038

Hey, King
Where have you been? I though maybe you was in jail.Any way thanks for the info; but a little too late.I just got one.Now that I have this Birdog I am going hunting East after those hard to hit Birds.

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1041

BTW King
From the East Coast to the West Coast I will try to Scan in every Bird that is in my Foot Print.
To me, that is what this hobby is all about.

Username: Desterie

Post Number: 1
Birdog is quite a handy tool. I was issued one when I worked for d*r*ctv. Once hooked to the LNB, it picks up the specific satellite you are looking for. Recently I purchased a Satvision 3000 which does the same thing, but is somewhat less expensive.

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 413
C&P:
New version 3.0 w/ USB port and 64 satellite position memory. The cadillac of satellite meters/Finders. The Birdog finds and identifies satellites with Digital Data Stream identifier.(DDSI)Easily identify the 2 way Broadband Satellites like Directway and Starband.You select satellite from the menu, move your dish until the Birdog says "Found". Indicates raw signal level and digital data error rates at same time for best dish alignment and cross polarity adjustment.Stores up to 64 Satellite locations. Comes with USB Cable, AC charger, DC auto charger and carry case. Internal battery powers the LNB. 7"X 2.75"X 5". 2 Lbs. Replacement Batteries and Data Cables are available. Please see them listed at the bottom of this category section.(No Images yet)

There is a 2.5 version as well.....I saw one today. The FTA installer said it is very helpfull in tweeking out 3 lnb HD dish's. You can get these on Ebay for $400-$450Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us