Indian channels which Dish

Username: Bibo

Post Number: 1
Just installed ViewSat Ultra with 18 Dish ,want to know which satelite I have to tune this thing to get desi channels ,i am in toronto.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Vndpatel

Post Number: 181
61.5°

Gold Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 1052
148W aswell

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2448
Zora,I'm sure your not going to get sat 148w from toronto, 61.5w echo3 is your best bet on dn.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3047
Most Torontonians wanting desi channels have one 20" elliptical for regular Sats and another one - probably a 18" dish for 61.5W for International channels.. Use a 4 to 1 DisEqC switch.
If you do not have two dishes, you can get an extra dish, disEqC switch, and complete installation for as low as $110 in summer.

Post Number: 2
Thanks to everyone ,big problem i have a east facing balcony ,is there any hope ....?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3052
Whole of North America is West of longitude 61.5W, so you should be able to get the sat from an east facing balcony. However, once you cross midwest and live west of it, you can't see 61.5W - it is too far 148W, which is the other sat, can't be seen from east facing balcony from Washington state.
You might also consider 121W (Echo 9) for desi channels, if that is more convenient. You might just see it from an East facing balcony from Seatle.

Post Number: 3
nope no quality ,meter wont move what to do..?

Username: Sunny_os

Post Number: 1
Any luck.. Im facing the east.... Tried once but "no signal" any solution for getting indian channels..??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us