Mitsubishi 55" speaker swap?

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1984
my friend just bought a 55" mitsubishi tv and he thinks it has two 8" subs in the bottom. he says his search for the tv said they get 10 watts apiece.

he wants to change them out to add some bass for movies.

what would be good speakers to replace these with?

thanks much... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8611
Rl-i's

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8652
If the tv's internal amp for the speaks only puts out 10 watts then your only gain would come from a more efficient speaker, not just one CAPABLE of more watts. Speakers don't have watts, but you already knew that lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1987
haha, ya...

thats why i mentioned 10 watts...

only thing im not sure about is do i look for subs that play all frequencies or what? i figured tvs had tweeters too.

im gonna design my own tv with a component set. and of course a woofer... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8656
That's why I'm confused when you said 8" woofers in the tv. An 8" woofer getting 10 watts?

Leave the speaks in the tv alone or you'll risk it going ghetto lol. Most tvs use full range speakers specifically made for them.

If you want more bass go with a surround package that includes a subwoofer. Or build one yourself using a driver, box and plate amp using the sub out signal from your stereo receiver. If you don't have a receiver they're pretty cheap for entry level these days.

Don't think of a speaker like a light bulb, thinking changing the size of the bulb changes the output.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1992
yeah, i already reccommended him to just get a decent surround sound setup but his parents tv has 1 "10 that sounds awesome he said and just wanted to get out cheap.

i told him i wasnt sure but it seemed like it was prolly a long shot to change them out...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us