Viewsat In Trouble

Silver Member
Username: F_t_a_is_back

Post Number: 217
C\P from their own site...I tried to upload the actual Lawsuit Papers that were filed but was not successful...view the complete doc at Dss-newbies.net...

Administrator

Post Dick attacks Viewtech
As many of you know, a civil suit has been filed by Echostar against Viewtech, Inc. This suit should not worry any member of this community, nor should it worry about Viewtech or its products. Echostar is attacking the big guy on the block, that being viewtech. These type suits can take years to evolve into anything, if they even make it that far. Consider this a fishing expedition by Echostar into the halting of FTA receivers.

As information is released by viewtech, inc and or the courts we will keep you informed. Please do remember that Viewtech, Inc is in no way shape or form the owners of this forum, as so many might believe. The actions by echostar against Viewtech, Inc do not have any implications on these forums or the information shared within in.

Remember, if Dick wanted to be a dick and had anything, this would be a criminal case, not a civil case.

Tfta

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
Here is the link...

http://www.fta-newbies.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=79262

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
www.totalfta.com, www.totalfta.com, www.totalfta.com, www.totalfta.com, www.fta-newbies.com , and www.curious-contraptions.com websites, any other Internet website, or in any other way.
More commentary and a link to an OCRed version of the court filings will be posted at a later time.

Date: 7/18/2007 Time: 9:25 PM, CEST (Europe)

I have decided to keep the site offline as I continue investigating this matter. I am also preparing a statement with regards to recent developments in the FTA community and the effects that I expect these developments to have. Please check back in a few hours. Meanwhile, if anyone has any information regarding the unauthorized breakin, please contact me at cruelio@gmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Juancho

Niagara Falls, Kashabowie.K... MOY

Post Number: 1176
Also the fix for gc is there at total.. vs home.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2414
And you can get Total's perpective on this suit their as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1180
Viewsat is a korean XXX company ; Viewtech is a Usa company who XXX and XXX Fta devices.I am in beaver land , What about you total adds?..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2416
You too juan ?
Heres some more good updates/info ,a must read at satscams.
http://www.satscams.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19517

Gold Member

Post Number: 1182
They fail to me. no one provide me whit ethnics channels, ojiwa or hispanic, I want to heard my language and this is not there, Bell doesnot has the channel that I Want, ( Multiculturalism.) do you know that? Canadian Multicultruralism Act July 1988.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1184
I allways will respect you SatScanner. Where are the rest. Mr bill, Larrea. Eave, Therepo, Audrey, Zulu ,Nalyn,and many more. I know where XXX PPL Are,but many ppl from this site are just vanished.They are just Big Mouth.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2417
Yeah,biggest news to hit fta in a long time and everybody vanishes.! I was reading up on this suit from various sites to get all the info and different perpectives as possible.

I hear you on the Multicultural act and channels or services,but as we both know that was amended to "appease" Only the Francophones.

Just like everything else in this country it seems.

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 393
Hey!! I just read about it last nite. The first link I read showed this suit goes back to 2005 and lost a little interest. Look at this thread later on today and see where it has gone.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 394
C&P Royce News:
Viewsat in trouble // 2007-07-17
There has been lawsuit filed against Viewtech (the parent company), Jung Kwak (the owner)and Does 1 through 10 by Echostar and the Nagrastar (parent company of Bell and Dishnetwork).
Rumor on the street is that this goes back to August 2006 (Maprom ECM) when Viewsat came up with the fix before any one else, they used Noth American coder to do their fix, sold the fix to others and were on top of the world, by using North American coder they left themselves open.
More recently HashHU bust did not help them either, all this caught up to them and they are in deep trouble now.
There are other individuals who are in big trouble also namely thedssguy and few others who suppose ably left high and dry to fend for themselves.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 395
I notice Curious Contaptions has been down for the past couple of days??......It would seem to me that one should be cautious where they visit until the dust settles.

Silver Member
Username: Canndy

Post Number: 391
ooooooooooooo nooooooooooooooooooooooooo waiiiiiii
lol
calm down guys
nothing to be w0rried abot

Silver Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 225
"nothing to be w0rried abot"

Yup, . as long as we have LK
( when this issue came up, .anyone noticed how LK
immediately took off on a mission ? )

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
FYI
........he sends word its already been taken care of

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3036
Viewtech has been served notice by Echostar and Nagrastar..
The following sites have been named in the suit.
www.totalfta.com, www.fta-newbies.com, and www.curious-contraptions.com. www.hashho.com
Also at least a dozen persons have been named and the papers also have named 10 unknown names (they call them DOES)
None of the names are pseudonames used by Ecoustics posters.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2421
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2422
Mr. Bill
Silver Member

Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 05:45 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI
........he sends word its already been taken care of
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2807
Just so there is no misunderstanding and because I read a post here about the "Big Name" are nowhere to be found. (Which I hope it didn't include me, but if it did - Oh Well)... Most of us either Mod or Admin at our home sites. Which means, when something like this happens, our sites become very busy and that is where we do our work. That is our home site. We come in here to help when we can, but make no mistake about it, if we are busy, that's where we will be.

As far as the ongoing issue with Viewtech and others. I'm not gonna get into Law 101, but fact is, if they had a strong case, they would go to Criminal Court and not Civil court. At this point they are just trying to slow the industry down. And making FTA receivers was not then and is not now Illegal. It is what is done to them afterwards that make them illegal.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 404
C&P from Royce news Service:
Viewsat's response to the current situation // 2007-07-21
THE LAW OFFICE OF MANUEL DE LA CERRA
6885 CATAMARAN DRIVE MANNY@DELACERRALAW. COM
CARLSBAD, CA 92011 W WW.DELACERRALAW. COM
July 20, 2007
Dear FTA Community:
ViewTech has recently learned that Echostar and Nagrastar have filed a Complaint in a California Federal District Court against ViewTech and Mr. Jung Kwak.

ViewTech and Mr. Kwak intend to vigorously defend against the baseless claims made by Echostar and Nagrastar. ViewTech and Mr. Kwak have already retained experienced litigation counsel to help them fight these baseless accusations.

It has also been brought to the attention of ViewTech that some of its competitors have been improperly making contact with ViewTech's distributors, dealers and customers, and maliciously conveying false information to them.

They have falsely stated that ViewTech's distributors, dealers and customers are on some sort of list of alleged infringers of supposedly copyrighted materials, and that they may be liable or named in a lawsuit filed against ViewTech. They have also demanded that ViewTech's distributors, dealers and customers place a disclaimer on their respective websites disavowing ViewTech and its products.

Let's be absolutely clear -- only ViewTech and Mr. Kwak have been named as potential defendants.
None of ViewTech's distributors, dealers or customers are named or even identified in the allegations of the Complaint, or on any other list. The Federal Court has not been asked, nor has it given any interim relief whatsoever to either Echostar or Nagrastar. ViewTech and Mr. Kwak are confident that they will prevail as
the lawsuit proceeds, and they will keep all of you informed of any significant developments in the future.

Your continued business is very important to ViewTech. Indeed, all of ViewTech's success is because you have worked with ViewTech to make VIEWSAT the number one selling FTA receiver.

There's a reason why VIEWSAT is number one -- the
quality of the products and ViewTech's customer service.
You have made a choice to purchase and use the VIEWSAT line because the quality and customer service is unmatched in the industry. It is clear that those disparaging ViewTech do so only in a
misguided attempt to promote their own products -- products that cannot match the quality of VIEWSAT.

ViewTech intends to continue supplying products that you and your customers demand, products that continue to push the bounds of FTA.

Respectfully,
Manuel de la Cerra, Esq.
Attorney for ViewTech, Inc.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2452
Posts at satscams reporting that ccc data bank was hacked and deleted/destroyed or they did it themseves is in question.Either way it's gone so ppl /members info is safe!

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
told you so.....................

Mr. Bill
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 05:45 pm:

FYI
........he ( LK ) sends word its already been taken care of

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 19
Is it not true that Echostar would not even be in this situation if it had not tried to do it`s security on the cheap?

I for one am glad they did it on the cheap. But they should have spent the millions to get a DTV type security.In the long run it probably would have saved them money.

Bronze Member
Username: Califirnia

Post Number: 31
If this case dragged on, VS will definitely suffer.
Do u guys think VS will spend millions of dollar in litigation fee?? I very much doubted.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2468
VS isn't paying anything.It' will just find a new importer/distributor.Everyone else listed in the suit is on there own.Well maybe VS might help Viewteck 's legal fees so it doesn't roll over on VS.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 414
C&P form Royce News:

Viewsat problems keep mounting // 2007-07-25
Despite all the talks from Viewsat (Viewtech) lawyers, it looks like their problems getting bigger and bigger.

Reports are coming in that majority of the Viewsat official dealers are getting calls from Nagrastar (Echostar security division), they want to know how long these guys have been their dealers, how many units have been sold by them and what kind of support they have been receiving from Viewsat including the files.

To make the matter even worse Viewtech CEO Jung Kwak along with others was found guilty of importing cable boxes to desclamber cable in the past and was fined by the court, that fine is still outstanding, it may not look good when he goes to court to defend Viewsat in North America

Gold Member

Post Number: 2477
Post the "Jung Kwak" story, I'm interested in who he really is and what skeleton's are in his closet.Atleast give us a link to this info.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3064
Jung Kwak is a Kwak who does not quack

Gold Member

Post Number: 2478
Even if Viewteck and Jung Kwak are found guilty and their dealers too,it's only a legal suit seeking money damages.The fact that Viewsat will still have a legal product with legal and just use as a fta receiver won't change.Viewsat will just distance themesevles and plead no knowledge of what viewteck did and get a new importer and dealers.PPl will always fill those posistions because there is money to be made.[IMOA]

But I think Viewteck and and Jung Kwak are done! stick a fork in them.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 416
http://www.DishNewsOnline.tv click the news on the right column to read. ....

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 417
Comment from http://www.ftaindex*com

now if viewsat loses expect them to pay royalties for count 1 and 2. The other counts will be bought up on real court charges by the city and state, not civil but criminal.

you see they are suing them on counts that are all braking the law and they will be in real law issues if they lose.

count v: Unfair Competition in Violation of California Business & Professions Code 17200

Calif law is setup so that they do not go after people for that unless there is civil case.

there is no doubt they will get full dealers list that will happen with out a doubt. because that is how they can prove and say they are being unfair they must hand over those records. However that does not mean anything bad for the dealers that info by law could not be used unless there are future criminal action.

there is a reason they went at Viewsat and the owner has been in this type of law issues before and that history will be able to be used in a Calif court. Viewsat owned had been in law issues for Cable Descramblers. If you live in LA you might recall about 6 years ago the cops busted some one and it was all over the local news, that was him.

for the end users there is little to nothing to worry about other then maybe viewsat issues with there products and or company. But NO end users have anything more to fear. Every count they are suing on does not relate to a end user.

Viewsat will lose on at least 1 count. some of the counts are based on each other if they viewsat beat one of them they beat 2.

Dish will win atleast 1 count.

what does this say for viewsat brand will you got to wait for the case to be over to know. if they lose will there be issues with viewsat receivers well there could be or there might not be all what counts they lose.

I would just buy other brands till the lawsuit is cleared. Do not fear the law coming at you because thats not going to happen the very very worst for the end users they will have units with out future updates. But at this time that is just talk.

viewsat lawyer does do this type of lawsuits so yes they did get a good persona and company to stand up for them.

i hope this answers a few questions please ask more if you have any.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2483
Despite how this lawsuit plays out ,it definately took the wind out of viewsat sales.But I wish it would of been pansat and BL on there hit list instead.That ending would then be appropriate and no tears lost on him.

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 21
Despite how this lawsuit plays out ,it definately took the wind out of viewsat sales.But I wish it would of been pansat and BL on there hit list instead.That ending would then be appropriate and no tears lost on him.

what???!!!!!

BL IS A GREAT GREAT MAN, I know him well, we are mates.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10591
I've am on vaca to the Cape and Vineyard since 16 July as I do annually until AFTER lABOR DAY and the Travers in Saratoga NY...I have not seen a computer or TV since then, so I did NOT "abandon" anybody...I have a life other than Ecoustics and FTA...I will say that this entire thread is about as worrysome as a fa*rt in church!...and mark my words, nobody's going to do time, and only a few individuals (TDG etc) will have any POSSIBLE civil fines....and who cares what happenned with cable box descramblers 6-7 years ago, its NOT relevant to this....later, enjoy your discussions but I wouldn't be concerned 1 bit..FTA receivers and illegal software will be around for a long time, until Nagravision is either VASTLY improved or a new encrytption is released such as DTV did a few backs..

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 944
I agree with you, LK. And, even if US sites were forced to be shut down then we'd still be able to find bins on offshore sites. The same thing happened with bit torrent sites a few years back, and still they're running solid.

Bronze Member
Username: Dishall

Post Number: 29
just bought vs pro and scanned only names of channals no picture , how to put new keys any help

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10593
Based upon this ridiculous thought process below, then DTV should bring suit against DN and Bev for distibuting DN receivers that can be hacked with plastic access smart cards...DTV is losing much money cause DN receivers have firmware and components that can be modified/altered/ hacked...thats NO different than FTA companies or Viewtech selling legal receivers that can be modified...

To me, this Viewtech and Kwak entire thing is a frivilious lawsuit, that should/could bring punitive damages and sanctions against Nagravision and Echostar.....

"EchoStar's suit specifically alleged that the satellite equipment distributed by Viewtech "contains computer firmware and components designed to accept the download of pirate software created solely for 'Viewsat' branded FTA receivers. Once flashed with this technology, these FTA receivers can and will illegally receive Dish Network programming."

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1199
LK makes a good point. Maybe DTV should sue DN for using half-@ss encryption on their system. I'm sure a lot of people would opt for free DN than pay for DTV. Should DTV sue, they would have a chance do some damage to DN...kick um while they're down.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us