No power on my pansat 2500 clone

Username: Tvice

Mas, Ma Us

Post Number: 7
please help me my pansat was rebooting by it self before an now it's blanck completely no power how can i fixe it.

Bronze Member
Username: Techme

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 93
did you try and boot a bin to it.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2409
J-Tagging Time!

Username: Tvice

Mas, Ma Us

Post Number: 8
what is a j-tag?
how do i do that

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 391
C&P from Ecoustics:
How to JTAG your Pansat 2500A

Caution: Make sure you know what you are doing. Use this instruction as your own risk. I'm not responsible for any device damage and/or human body injure.

This instruction comes with all the needed files. Read the "JTagThe2500A.pdf" first to get some general idea about the jtag. Say many thanks to the author of this "JTagThe2500A.pdf" although I don't know your name.

1 Making a jtag cable. You can make a buffered cable or a simple 5 resistor cable. Read the "JTagThe2500A.pdf" for how to make a buffered cable. I suggest you to make a buffered cable although I just make a 5 resistor cable and it working well.

The 5 resistor cable connection:

DB25 male connector To Pansat JTAG plug
Pin 2 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 9
Pin 3 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 11
Pin 4 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 13
Pin 5 ----------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 19
Pin 13---------------> 100 ohm resistor ---------------> JTAG Pin 15
Pin 18~25---------------------------------------------------> Pansat GND

Here is what I do:

I'm using a CAT5 network cable (about 1 meter) to make this JTAG cable. All the wires have a color so you won't mix them. I use 5 wires for signal and the rest 3 as GND.

Solder 5 100ohm resistors into DB25 Pin 2, 3, 4, 5 and 13. You can find the Pin number at the DB25 connector. Choose 5 wires and solder them into the other end of 5 resistors.

Solder the rest 3 wires to DB25 Pin 25, 23 and 21. You can choose any 3 Pins between DB25 Pin 18 to 25.

Write down the color and Pin number for future reference. Then you can close the DB25 cover.

Solder the other end of the CAT5 cable into Pansat JTAG connection. Pansat only have the JTAG solder pads. So you have to solder the cable into those pads or solder a PIN connector first. I just solder the cable into the pad. I hope I don't have to jtag it again. But who knows. If the Pansat still release the software likes the killer version 2.51, I may have to jtag it again.

On the Pansat PCB board, you can find the JTAG solder pads number. Solder the cable into the right pad. Use the information you just write down.

Solder the 3 wire GND into the Pansat PCB board. Do not solder them into the JTAG connection pads. Solder them into the big screw hold close to the front side.

Double check all the connections. Make sure they are all right. Make a incorrect cable can totally fry your box.

2 Now you are ready to jtag your Pansat 2500A. Take a break and have a deep breath.

3 Power down your box and connect the jtag cable into your PC printer port. Make sure the Pansat power switch is off and plug in the power cord.

4 Launch the wall.exe file. Ignore the warning about the ID.

5 Power on the Pansat. Click "Refresh Items" button on the wall. You will see a screen like this.

6 Run jkeys.exe. Ignore the worning about the port. Go to File->Preference and select "Parallel Port" then click OK

7 The jkeys will try to connect to your Pansat and display the jeys screen.

8 If you get any error message then power down your box and check the JTAG cable again and restart from step 2.

9 Select "Pansat 2500a" from the IRD model drop down list.

10 Click "Flash Programming" button and you will get a new dialog, just click OK and you will see the Flash Program screen.

11. Click Erase On the Chip/Sector Programming section.

12 Click Program on the Chip/Sector Programming section and select the Pansat boot6.bin file to program.

13 After the program finished, the Pansat will reboot and give you a knight rider. If you can get to this step then congratulation! Your Pansat has half life.

14. Close the jkeys and wall.

15 Take a break and have a deep breath.

16. Connect the RS232 cable into your Pansat. You don't have to remove the JTAG cable.

17 Run 2300-2500-1500 downloader.exe. Select the Pansat factory bin file and type "Pansat 2500A" for IRD type. Click download and want until it finished.

18. The Pansat will reboot and display "On".

Congratulations. Your Pansat 2500A is alive.

Pin numbering Inside Receiver is odd number on left even on right

Sat Scanner can help you if you have questions. He might have an easier way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2411
I bought my buffered pro jtag cable 10,12,20 pin with extra headers.Also came with instructions .I was lucky my 2700c already had header installed on the mother board ,so I didn't have to solder header pins on.[easy to do]
Also I recommend skymax for the first time .It's newer and easier to do.If the cpu chip is really fungged up and not working ,then use jkeys,it's more envolved but seems to work on some were skymax fails.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2412
Also ,heres some info for dead viewsat clones.You can purchase new individal genuine cpu chips you replace on your clone to convert them to run on oringinal bins.they sell for $20.They come already flashed with sw on them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us