Video Stabilizers for copyright protected VHS and DVD

Username: Mauimano

Post Number: 1
Hello. Looking for some feedback.

I am just about to get a Panasonic DMR-E85H DVD recorder/HDD. I also have older, high quality stand-alone Sony VCR and DVD players. I do have a Time Warner dual tuner DVR box, as well.

I want to transfer all my VHS on to DVD. I also want to copy DVDs, preferably with all special features and menus intact. I want to do this with the above-listed equipment rather than on my computer.

I know the VHS transfer is possible with a stabilizer to remove the copyright codes. From what I've read online, I believe DVD copying is also possible, though I do not know if I can pull all the features on to the burned DVD.

1. Can anyone tell me if I can do these types of transfers with pre-recorded DVDs?
2. Can anyone recommend the best stabilizer product/s that can handle all these functions? (I have been researching but would like experienced opinions.)
3. Does anyone have helpful hints/tips on the E85H? It wasn't my first choice, but overall it is highly rated and in my price range.

Thanks much!

Bronze Member
Username: Skeeterhead

Post Number: 21
Yes. To "pull all the features" you will need digital copying software and computer access. Most consumer available stabilizers remove copy protection but work in the analog domain. Try Sima products. This question has been asked and answered a million time on this forum. Check archives.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2812
Whats the best ,easiest way to record copyprotected dvd's from a dvd player to a dvd recorder ?
I'm not looking for using a pc and sw, just adding a device if possible.I don't care about the extras,just plug and play/record if possible.

Thanx in advance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2846
never mind ,I found out how too bypass copyright protection.thanx anyway

Username: Kaljo17

Post Number: 2
how did you bypass the copyright protection?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2900
Kali, here you go,
http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/copyeliminator.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 2956
http://checkhere22.com/stabilizer_tech.html
Anybody ever try on of these?

Username: Soccertl

Post Number: 3
I have this one on order:

http://www.stardevelopment.com/videoultra.htm

He said he had them in stock. It looks just like the DP5000 from your link.

I will let you know how it works when I get it.

Username: Soccertl

Post Number: 4
Well, I received it today and have to say I am very pleased. It records the unrecordable tapes as others do. It also has enhancement modes for the video to make it look better.

I have only tried it on one tape so far but I don't expect problems on any others. If I have any I will post it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us