Are direct tv and dish satellite dishes interchangeable

Username: Martyc

Long Beach, CA Usa

Post Number: 1
Hi newbie here, I have dish at primary home and our vacation home has directv satellite dish that was left. Can I use my dish receiver with the direct tv dish?

ALSO can I hook up my current dishtv receiver( that I own and pay monthly programming for) to another location? IE, take my receiver to vacation home and use with exsisting satellite there?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10538
The dishes are interchangeable , meaning U can get Directv (DTV) or Dishnetwork (DN) channels on either, BUT....at your cottage with the DTV dish, U will have to realign/aim it towards DN satellites with your DN subscribed receiver..

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 165
...and the LNB configuration will be different, likely. A current DISH sub usually has 119/110 and maybe another. If the cottage DTV dish is an old 18" with one LNB, it could be pointed at ONE of the DISH sats. If it's a multiple LNB job, still ONE of the LNBs would be usable (that has 22khz OFF).

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 13
Make sure yur pin has not fallen out of the Johnson bar after switching from dtv to dn....and oh ya...GET A FTA MAN AND SEND THE MONEY FOR SUBS TO WORLD VISION OR THE SALVATION ARMY !!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10543
Tiger Woods = Dirty Democrat ...greetings again..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10544
and TW and DD also = LK right hand man (LKRHM)

Bronze Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 57
What kind of switches would you to have if you used a dn dish and a direct dish for dn and bev?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10552
depends on the LNB's...

Bronze Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 58
Should have done my homework before posting. I have a garage full of parts and I will have to dig all this stuff out and see what it all is and then ask again.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 14
LK
Platinum Member

Post Number: 10543
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 04:40 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tiger Woods = Dirty Democrat ...greetings again..

Why thank you :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us