An apology

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 348
It seems that ftamorvex has closed up shop. I was an admin at that site and was unaware that the site was going down. The owner did not tell any staff that the site was closing. If any of the members here went to morvex for any info or files I apologize for sending you there.
I have been in contact with one other staffer there and he was unaware of the change coming. This may be an oversite on the owners behalf concerning the server bill but I dont see that being a possibility.
I will not be a member or a staff member there if the site opens again. The owner should have told everyone that the site was closing and should have maybe given the fine people who frequented the site an alternative to his site.

Again I apologize for the actions taken by the owner and hope that everybody who frequented the site has found an alternative to Morvex.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10525
U are a good honest man eatfish....U are NOT the first to be "abused" by a site owner, and left hanging...

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
I know that I am not the first what sucks is the membership gets screwed there were not alot of members but they were loyal.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2339
I visited that site,thank god I never registered.Now ppl might see just because there is this "new cool site" or has" Contest or carrot" ppl need to keep their guard up!
Now what about the members info?

Sites and dealers are dropping faster than Rain !

Your ok in my book Eatfish,Honesty is a rare commodity now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2340
The part I don't get is my son has a few sites of his own,no sponsors no advertisiing and he is a poor azz university student.How do sites that have sponsors not keep up there server bill's ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2350
How long was that site operational ?Should warn ppl at satscams about their membership info is in question .

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 160
eatfish, no worries mate, sites come and go. Seemed like a good site when it was up. Too bad the owner didn't at least tell you guys something was up. Ask me about retarded site owner, hahaha.

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
site was operational for a year satscanner. I know the owner would not do anything with the list of people who were members.

Therepo I know all about your retarded site owner and I know yours is the winner.
No need to get satscams involved here satscanner no ones membership info is in question it is statements like that that get rumours started. The owner just didnt pay the server bill. Doesnt look like he is going to so the site is dead.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2356
Why didn't he sell it our just give it to somebody close to take over ? A yrs work and server bills to just scrap/write off ?Or was there more behind the seen going on ?Were was the server located ? If this was a thought out deceision,why not tell the members? Pulling the plug and vanishing isn't a good sign.

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
Not a good sign I agree but he would have emailed me if something was up I am sure of that. The server was bluehost north america. I think he was discouraged with the amount of people who used the site. There were only 875 members he wanted it to be big but no one came lol. Just a small site that never came about. Plus the staff had gotten busy working on other sites. I really think this is a case of someone getting discouraged and just giving up.

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 172
Hey eatfish, it says the domain name expired:
"Notice: This domain name expired on 07/07/07 and is pending renewal or deletion"
Maybe he just forgot about it?

Whois info:
Registered through: BlueHost.Com
Domain Name: FTAMORVEX.COM
Created on: 07-Jul-06
Expires on: 07-Jul-07
Last Updated on: 07-Jul-06

Gold Member

Post Number: 2360
therepo: That will put ppl's mind at ease.Anyway ,he should have thanked the members and gave a explanation,but eatfish already said that.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10560
IMO...a responsible person does NOT own a site with 900 members, forget to re-register his domain and NOT even comment to his own staff or the members...owning a site is for 1 purpose = to make money,... if U don't care enuff about your busines venture then at least warn and thank the FREE volunteer admin/mod staff who donated many free hours and the members, before closing down or "forgetting" to register the name again..any business is a 2 way street!

Silver Member
Username: Canndy

Www.livefta.com, Www.livefta.com Www.livefta.com

Post Number: 385
Eatfish is an honest man and thanks for the heads up. Looks like BlueHost gave him a free domain and now that it expired, they took it away from him. That sucks. I think BlueHost also deleted his files. Sucks to be him.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2366
Yeah,Eatfish is straight up guy.Has helped me before also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
Thanks for the kind words guys. It does suck that the files are gone. I spent many hours filling the site with usefull info. All that is now lost I couldnt keep it here on my laptop so I kept it there.
On a positive note I get to spend more time at the other site I mod at and do alot more reading. Morvex will no longer occupy a great deal of my time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2367
This place needs all the help it can get. Your always welcome here.

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 378
Research on this topic brought me to: http://www.siteanalysis.compete.com it gives you monthly hit rate for sites and a trusworthy section on the bottom right. you can research multiple sites at one time......I have no idea of it's value but thought I would pass it on to anyone who may be interested.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10566
that link isn't working...

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 379
http://www.siteanalytics.compete.com
Try this LK

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 380
http://siteanalytics.compete.com

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 381
This last one works. LK....search dsscommunity!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10568
Date: 06/2007 dsscentral.ne*t.... 94,175 People

People Counts are also known as unique visitors -they only count a person once no matter how many times they visit a site..

This domain is verified as Trusted based on Compete community traffic history and partner inputs.

U must remember, the site is actually dsscentral, and dsscommunity is only a small part of the entire site consisting of only the forums, which are NEW since last November, after the entire dsscentral site crashed and was rebuilt...The old forums of dsscomunity had almost 200,000 members JUST in the forums, nevermind the chats, file sharing, latest files aresa and some other areas as well consisting of dsscentral.....same owners, same site, just forums has another link/name for specific purposes..in fact most enter dsscommunity via "dsscentral forums" and don't even realize that it has a different name than dsscentral, but is all the same....

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 382
That makes sense...Thanks!!

Bronze Member
Username: Coolphat5k

Post Number: 31
Yeah sorry Eatfish, I know you put a lot of time in on the site, it sucks for you and the other guys. I enjoyed visiting when time allowed. I'll be at Freedom and Cyber, but will see you at your other site too.

Username: Obnoxious_loudmouth

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1
Apology accepted, no probs bro :-)

You are the tops!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3045
1. Domain names do not just expire. You get plenty of warning.
2. Domain name renewal is cheap - as low as $8/year
3. You can have a site hosted for free, or as low as $20/year.
4. Many of the FTA sites are hosted using similar software and at the back of it all is the similar organisations, giving free hosting in exchange of membership numbers.
5. There are buyers for any forum wanting to sell out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
Thanks for that completly useless info Nalin

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3054
Thanks for that completely useless apology, eatfish.
You were spamming that site and I had to report you twice to the admin for spamming. Damage done by your spamming cannot be undone by an apology.
Next time learn to research a site and its owners properly before recommending it and bringing your spam here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
Holy chit Nalin are you ever stooopid. I helped open that site the only thing I didnt do there was pay the bills. I thought I knew the "owner" but I guess not.

Learn some real usefull fta info before you start giving advice to those who need it. It is people like you who give fta a bad name.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2458
On the bright side if it was closed ONLY by the owner ,not echostar,ppl's info should be safe.But with the events onfolding in this hobby everyone has to be sceptical about any sites closing.That said ,most site owners will put themseves first over any members.Remember there in it for the bucks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
I havent heard from the owner I think he just let it go down in fact I am sure of it now after speaking with the other staff.

I think he has gotten nervous and just let it go down and didnt want any of us to talk him out of it. If echo did nab the site I will be sure to post here and inform everybody. They will most likely be knocking on my door if that is true.
I am sure it isnt though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us