Need to reset receiver every time.

Username: L1l1l1

Post Number: 1
Hi,

It seems that when I change channels, I need to switch the receiver off from the back and wait for 30 seconds, then it will work, but I need to do this each time I change the channel especially for the shows in the 600 range. The key stays the same, so there isn't a problem with that. I have a viewsat extreme receiver.

Thanks for your help. I am pretty new to this all so if you can give me exact details on how to fix this problem I would appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 147
Jill, tell us what LNBs you have and what switch, and how far it is from your receiver to switch. And tell us what you have in the antenna menu settings for each of your sats.

Post Number: 2
Okay

My antenna Settings
LNB Power - On
LNB Type - Standard
LNB Freq. - 11250
22kHz - off
Tp Freq. - 12224
Search Option - All
DiSEqC 1.0 - Port 2
Motor - off
Legacy SW - None

The switch is about 12 - 15ft from the receiver. Not sure what type of switch it is.

I hope this helps.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 149
How many wires come out of the switch and run toward your dish? Each wire will run to an LNB, and each will have a corresponding antenna menu screen. Please look and see, and post which satellites they are for and the settings.

Post Number: 3
There is only one wire running out of the switch towards the dish.

There are four outputs from the switch into the house. Currently I am using two and the other two are free.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2329
What switch do you have,You sure you don't have the switch hooked up backwards? 2 receivers needs to coax from lnb unless there dp and dish pro switch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2330
Diseq 4 input 1 output ,check the switch type name .

Post Number: 4
Actually what I posted was wrong.

I looked at the switch myself now, and there are two wires going into the dish.

The antenna setup for the two that are showing some bars in the S field are the same as above, the name is different both are Echostar with some numbers after it. There are no bars in the Q area.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 151
See if you can read the switch, and then try to type what you see into here so we know what you have.

Likewise, see if you can read those numbers after "Echostar" in the menus, and try to copy all those numbers and letters here as you did in your post 2 above.

Post Number: 5
The switch doesn't have any numbers on it, it says viewsat in the middle and LNB2 and LNB 3 at the top where there are two wires going into it.

Here is the antenna set up once again.
Satellite EchoStar 7 1119.0W
LNB Power - On
LNB Type - Standard
LNB Freq. - 11250
22kHz - off
Tp Freq. - 12224
Search Option - All
DiSEqC 1.0 - Port 2
Motor - off
Legacy SW - None

Satellite - EchoStar 8,10 110.0W
LNB Power - On
LNB Type - OCS - DP
LNB Freq. - 11250
22kHz - off
Tp Freq. - 12224
Search Option - All
DiSEqC 1.0 - None
Motor - off
Legacy SW - None

Also while looking through the antenna settings I found these 3 satellites with the S solid and the Q was flashing.

Sattelite EchoStar 5 129.0W
LNB Freq 12239
Port 3

Sattelite EchoStar 3 61.5WW
LNB Freq 12297
Port 3

Sattelite EchoStar 1,2 148.0W
LNB Freq 12224
Port 3

Hope that helps.

}

Gold Member

Post Number: 2331
Ok, you have the diseq 4to1 switch that came with it.There crap switches but yours might work ,mine never did ,right out of the box.

How many lnb's do you have?
What sats are you trying to pull in? echo 9 and 8/10?

What lnb type do you have?
Describe it and look for identifying sticker/label.Without this info were guesing on your problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2332
It's easy setup problem ,but lets do it right so you have no other problems .I can see setup settings are incorrect already,but lets do this correct

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 154
It doesn't matter if you see quality readings on other sats in the menu, it's just showing the signal from one or two of the ones you have connected.

It sounds like you have two LNBs pointed at 110 and 119, and they are plugged into ports 2 and 3 of a 4x1 viewsat diseqc. (Are you sure you have another receiver connected to this???????)

Try going into the setup menu for Echostar 8,10 and change the diseqc port to 3, and LNB type to standard.

Better, go and look at your dish. Do you see a "DP" logo on either of the LNBs? If no, set types to standard, if yes, set to "OCS-DP" as you have it on Echostar 8,10. When you're looking at the dish from the front, the left LNB will be Echostar 8,10 and the right one will ne Echostar 7.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2333
And if it's a dp pro/plus/twin/quad ?... were guesing now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2334
For all we now ,she has a dtv phase 3 dish,or a 33inch /linear lnb.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 155
You're right Sat Scanner, we're guessing. I would assume since plugged into port 2 and 3 it's two LNBs.

But if there;s a big fat LNB there Jill, you would need to move the wires to ports 1 and 2. (unplug the receiver!!)

But let's see what she says...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2335
Were's my crystal ball ? ....mmmm were did I put that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2336
she'll need to know what she has .If she wants to keep it running,not burn it out with incorrect settings or hookup,worse if theres 2 receivers,i don't know want she has yet so I don't want to give here incorrect info ,and burn her box.

Post Number: 6
There is only one receiver.

I have a 4 in 1 Diseq switch. It has Viewsat written in the middle and then mini is written bellow it.

Like I said above in the two top corners it is written LNB2 and LNB 3. At the bottom two corners is written LNB 1 and LNB 4 and receiver is written in the middle of LNB 1 and LNB 4 with an arrow pointing down.

As for the Antenna settings. I looked at the settings again and the second setting changed to LNB type Standard. This is for Echostar 8,10.

Also I reset the receiver and then checked the antenna settings, and Echostar 5 129.0W has green bars for both s and Q. with LNB freq at 11250 and TP Freq. at 12239 with it being on Port 2. At this time the receiver was set to channel 611.

I hope this answers your questions.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 156
When you change the diseqc port settings in the setup menu, do you see a banner popup in the top right of the screen saying the name of the sat (it may be different than the sat you think you've selected). What does it say for each port setting?

Post Number: 7
A banner does not pop up in the top right corner.

After I posted I checked the antenna settings again, and they were back to the way I posted the first time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2337
What type of lnb do you have?
Your setup lists a dp for 110w and no dieseq setting or port.
Without knowing what lnb's you have IT"S ALL A CRAP SHOOT .

Post Number: 8
How do I find out what lnb's I have?

Post Number: 9
Also I would like to add that I have been using these settings for the past couple of months. This problem started when the key changed this last time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2342
Look at them,they will have identifying label or sticker,and look for how many coax terminals on each one.
Also with the antanae settings you listed it won't work,echo 8/10 has no diseq setting.If you have a switch,witch u say u do ,you need to set that port to match the setup menu.
I also told you how to check them in my post #2331 to you.
Until you see what lnb's you have ,I won't help ,because were guesing ,and wasting time.
Now you say it was working before,maybe it was but not with those settings u provided.To set your settings correctly we need lnb type.you could one or two of many types.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2343
You also list one dp and one standard or legacy lnb.You have 2 different lnb's ?If so thats ok,but maybe u have a twin or quad ,God only knows ,you and we don't.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2344
A key change won't change your antanae settings so thats not your problem,has nothing to do with the problem you have.

Post Number: 10
Okay, I will take a look at the dish and see what the lnb's look like, my only problem is that the two dishes are on my roof.

I ordered both dishes together the installer brought them both. One dish was to get the English channels and the other was for the specialty channels so most likely everything is the same on the two dishes just the direction they are pointed is different.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 163
As pointed out, it's difficult to help you when you don't know what you have, or you provide wrong info. Maybe you can ask the person who installed it for you?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10530
do any of the LNB's on the dish look like either one of these?....and say "Dish Pro"...or not say DISH pro but still look like either the DUAL or TWIN below?

BTW...notice the BIG "DP" logo....and the 2 outputs for 2 cables, on both LNB's....and notice the TWIN has 2 big round white eyes, and the DUAL only has 1 round white eye..

DUAL DP

Upload

TWIN DP

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
The problem is solved now.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 164
What did you do to solve the problem?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I upgraded the firmware on the receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2358
And changed her antanae settings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us