Channels to get EPG working

Bronze Member
Username: Coldgirl

Canada

Post Number: 77
What were the channels to go to that got the EPG working. There was a post in Feb. I can't find.
I think 3?? for BEV, 5?? for Charlie, and 23?? for both. Thanks for your help

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2320
Lynsat will show you.You didn't say what receiver your using ,but make sure your time zone/time is set correctly or you won't get epg on some receivers, and it will be incorrect on others if it's not set correctly in the setup menu.

Username: Kardary7

Nashville, T.N

Post Number: 5
new key

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 136
DN: 239 WGN (or 119 TP 18 channels) for extended guide or 200 CNN / 119 Biography for quick 2 day guide (or 119 TP 19 channels / 110 TP 21 channels)

Bev: 352 Vu2 (or TP 7 channels) for 91 and 337 Silver Screen (or TP 1 channels) for 82.

Note: Bev EPG will not populate for both Nimiqs, you have to go to both.

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1023

Go here for the KEYS....[link removed]

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 78
maybe it wasn't this site that gave me the channels. It worked in the past, but I lost my notes. The way it worked is, if you didn't have a guide, but you had all the channels, you went to a specific channel and after about 1 minute, your guide worked. If I find the channel list, I will let you know.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3015
The following C/P might help

How to find channels to populate epg.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

credit goes to Catfishnut

EPG concerns:

Here is how to determine what channels to use if you wish to populate your EPG Guide. First, you need to have access to the internet (duh)!
Next, go to Lyngsat(dot)com. When the HOME page opens, you will observe a text box near the upper middle of the page. Position your mouse cursor over the far right column labeled 61W i½ 160W and select the text block in the row PACKAGES and click on that selection.

This will open a satellite listing page. Go to the sat you are viewing and look over to the 2nd or third column from the right. If there is a box labeled FREQ, click on that (not all sats on Lyngsat are listed this way, but DN is). Now, a channel list will open.

Once that channel list opens, scroll down through the list until you locate the EPG channel. You will easily detect this because the EPG channel is highlighted in magenta. Before I mislead anyone, bare in mind that the normal EPG channels do not work very well to populate your EPG guide, although they do function. For DN you really need the EEPG channel or Extended Electronic Program Guide which was once on sat 110W but is now on sat 119 on TP18, 12.472 GHz (currently accurate as of 11/10/06).

Once you find that EEPG signal channel, glance over to the left and observe that the TP information is displayed in the left most column. Now, observe all the other channels that are on that same TP. These are the channels that you want to use to populate your EPG guide. As long as you are viewing the 119 sat, you can use the EEPG data from 119W for all DN sats, even those that do not have any EPG channels of their own.

Please note that nearly every channel carries iti½s own EPG info, but that info normally only informs you what is currently being shown. Some channels may go out an hour or two and some (although very few) may go out several hours. Also, some satellites such as 129W doni½t have an EPG channel of its own, so the only data you do get is the specific channeli½s own EPG, if it is supplied.

The EEPG channel on 119W supports all info for every channel on every satellite that DN has in operation. It is therefore recommended that you set up your system to include 119W and use a channel from TP 12.472 Ghz as your EPG signal carrier.

Note that listed EPG or EEPG channel cannot be viewed or received directly. I believe it is listed on Lyngsat purely as a matter of information and courtesy. However, all the other channels on the same TP serve as i½carrieri½ channels for the EPG information.

Now (you must read your manual to know how to do this), but you need to use the user favorite groups to assign channels to one or more of the eight favorite groups available. You are allowed to edit the name of each of these groups as you wish. You may only install a maximum of 120 channels (TV and radio channels totally included) in each group.

Be certain to include a channel from the EEPG TP in each favorite group. Since DN has altered so many things, the function of the yellow, GO TO DISH EPG button on your remote has no functional purpose. It will still take you to a channel, but that channel is no longer applicable as an EPG carrier. Therefore, ignore this feature until future notice. You will have to simply type in the number of a currently active EPG carrier channel. Channel 239 is one that is functioning well.

When you open or select one of these favorite groups, go to ch 239 and press guide and wait 1-5 minutes for the guide to populate. If you start this at one minute before the change of the hour, it will enhance the speed of the EPG population.

With a Coo*lsat 5000, you should obtain ~84 hours of EPG information by following this procedure. with Coo*lsat 6000 7 days

Thanks to all and enjoy

Catfishnut

Gold Member

Post Number: 2327
Ok,I did all that and still 2hrs max epg on most channels.I have a Pansat.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3031
Sats: I followed those instructions on a Pansat 2500A clone, and also on a Sonicview 4000. I got very good (48 hours ) EPG on Sonicview, but the Pansat clone remained at 2 hours. It is probably something to do with reserved memory for EPG.

Bronze Member
Username: Redwater71

Post Number: 13
on B3V with Cw600p .. channel 218, 30 second wait and 7 day epg ...

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 148
You can only get 2 days EPG with BEV.

Silver Member
Username: Mrrasec

Post Number: 200
on dn with sonicview 1000pvr..channel 418, 4 minutes and a half wait and 7 day epg

Gold Member

Post Number: 2346
On Pancrap you can turn reciever off then on ,get a epg DL guide, DL epg ,takes two minutes and WALA ! still max 2hr guide! on some channels,some channels still no guide.It doesn't work never has!

That was one of Bl's pround acheivent's !
I remember him bragging about that new feature back when.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 161
Sat Scanner, you can get 6-8hrs EPG if you select echostar package and "load epg".

Gold Member

Post Number: 2373
Repo: I select echo package,turn off ird,turn on,click DL epg ,after its completed picture shows ,check epg and it's empty.Wile in epg it populates .....2 hrs max.On some channels,others nothing.It's always been that bad.Well I remember when it had no epg on nagra 1.Get 7 day's on the ultra.

The epg DL menu does not work.Looks as if it Dloading but will not store anything.

It's like this on all the bin's too,not just this one,and will be the same on the next one two!

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 175
Did you factory reset and rescan before selecting echo package?

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 15
On Pansat 2700a you can select epg for 1 channel only. This works only on some channels. I liked it for TCM 132 because it gives you 7 full days on the EPG...just for 1 channel at a time...BL has done that much, lets give credit where it is due. You CAN NOT get 7 days on any channel on VS PLAT.

I MISS MY PANSATS...AH, THOSE WHERE THE DAYS!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10576
Mattel were the days to...like play dough, the hula hoop and slinkys too....LOL...but time changes and things/toys get better...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2389
Scan Bev into the line up and see what happen's.Then even if u reboot and use "package"

I can get 7day's on my 2700a.......

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 181
Rename Bev sat to an "Echo" name, and it will work in echostar package.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2391
If I factory reset and only scan Dn sats its still 2 hrs for me.I 've had this box since nagra 1 days.I've done everything possiible to it over the yrs.Maybe a newer box might get more epg ,but 7 day's I cant believe that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2392
Mine is 2700a, I don't know about the epg on e or ir.Maybe it gets a bit more .

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 183
You probably know, but you should be on a channel/TP with the EPG to load from. On 119 be on channel on tp 18 or 19, or you will only get present and next program info (usually 2 hrs.).

Gold Member

Post Number: 2394
I'm just really amazed Bl can still just keep the pic on it .I'm sure there are other coders that could do wonders with the reciever if they had the source code,but then BL would be obsolete not the reciever.
I shouldn't complain really,The box owes me nothing ,but if we don't ,we won't get sh*t from BL or pansat camp.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 79
"What were the channels to go to that got the EPG working. There was a post in Feb. I can't find.
I think 3?? for BEV, 5?? for Charlie, and 23?? for both. Thanks for your help"

Found my list...to update your guide that is not working
Charlie go to channel 239
BEV go to Channel 615
Both go to channel 2615

Thanks for all your help, and I hope this helps others. Works on Viewsat, Fortec, Pansat clone and probably others.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us