Picture is bigger than screen

Username: Rmeinen

Post Number: 1
after enjoying my HDTV LCD for 6 months all of the sudden the picture is slightly bigger than the screen, causing the edges to go off the screen (hard to see sports scores, etc.). It isn't the view mode (I've tried them all) as they all go off, with "Dot by Dot" as the best. With the screen too big distorts the picture also. Is this a TV issue, Cable Box issue?Please help or give advice - thx.

Username: Johndoesnt

Post Number: 1
I am having the same problem. I bought a Panasonic plasma HDTV 2 weeks ago and all of a sudden, the picture is bigger than the screen. As a result, the sides of the picture are missing. This has nothing to do with the viewing modes/aspect ratio options. Please help us out!

Username: Rmeinen

Post Number: 2
Hi John - after many frustrating hours working on my TV, I decided to try my cable box. In my cable box I found a screen size adjustment mode. For some reason this had changed on me and after tying several of these modes it worked fine. So I suggest tying your cable/satellite box and see if that helps.

Username: Johndoesnt

Post Number: 2
Hey Randy, thanks a lot!!!! It worked - I just had to change the zoom settings on the cable box that was inadvertently turned on. Thanks again!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us