SO YOU CAN SEE TRUE BOXES THAT HACK DTV READ ME.

Bronze Member
Username: Techme

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 67
check this out http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/skydigibox.htm
there are a couple of boxes that can actualy get dtv check the site out there recievers hack sky which is protected videoguard you can purchase a unit use a regular dtv antenna and pick up dtv i just purchased one on ebay i got Thomson DHD4000 nice reciever has a 250 gig harddrive im personaly gonna try this unit and see what it can do

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 342
From The King:
All providers broadcast standard defintion 4:3 as MPEG-2 for Video and AC3 for Audio both A/V industry standards even for DVD players and DVD discs that we all use. But DTV predates these standards they use a similar encoding modulation. They use QPSK instead of MPEG-2. Both encoding schemes use almost 50:1. This is an area that I know very well because I do this for a living.

Example:
Let say a hockey game of about 2 hours video taped on a digital format like DVcam if they broadcast it as is it will take about 30GB of digital video broadcast DVB. Where as if you encode to MPEG-2 & AC3 it will be down to 3G byte 10:1. Also encoding frame by frame requires compression in Mega pixels per frame similar to your digital photo camera 5MP or 6MP.
Now that it is encoded you need to decode it back so you need a decoder.

No Manufacturer that makes generic decoders like to bother with equipment that receives only QPSK the current encoding modulation for DTV instead of MPEG-2 and AC3 the current industry standards for SD by all providers.
But this doesn't mean they are safe forever may be for SD 4:3 standard broadcast. But for MPEG-4 HD is another ball game???
All providers today use MPEG-4 for HD

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 101
This is a retarded thread...

SKY reference in the first post is in the UK. Nothing to do with DTV per se. (SKY Mexico is open via IKS on Neosat ipro 2K, however).

QPSK, and 8PSK, refer to signal modulation. DN uses 8PSK turbo fec, which is why Sonicview HD and CW3000 receivers need a special add-on module for DN. Without it, Bev HD can be received in QPSK modulation (AND MPEG-2).

DN has started the march of their HD channels from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4. Bev will do the same eventually. MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 refer to signal compression. The higher compression, the more channels they can fit on a transponder.

So it's not "QPSK instead of MPEG-2", or what have you, modulation and compression are different things.

Bronze Member

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 68
sky is dtv and its secured by videoguard .i bought a unit to test.i going to see what the box can actually do.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 104
DTV is affiliated/owner of SKY in Latin America (was SKY Brazil and Innova Mexico), but if you're buying the Thomson box and hoping to watch DTV in Florida, good luck with that.
http://www.thomson.net/NR/rdonlyres/AFB7F6F9-BE1D-441A-AFAB-ABF2C14183A0/0/DHD40 00.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1001

Hey therepo
Iam retarded, so saying all that above,I do not have a HD receiver.Can you tell me why I can't scan in the TPs with a DVB 8 PSK?

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 106
Hey Kavin, see the other thread where you asked: https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1189468#POST1189468

Bronze Member

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 75
got reciever loaded with bin provided to me i pointed to dtv i recieve everything but ppv pointed to sky recieve all sky channels point to charlie recieve all dishnet channels pointed to bev recieve all of bev full epg on all sats reciever autorolls without a glich reciever is awsome pretty expensives cause its pvr with 250 gig hard drive .

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 117
ummm...OK.

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 359
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10333
LMAO...hehehe

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1220
Hello everyone
This thread got my attention

- therpo i think you are confused about QPSK and 8PSK
- QPSK is a non-MPEG used only by DTV
- No one can load QPSK TPs with any MPEG decoder
- It is like trying to listen to XM radio with FM tuner
- No you can't use software to convert. I repeat YOU CAN NOT
- Hi Kavin I HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION
- From electronics prospective only way to load QPSK is with a QPSK receiver
- Don't set your dreams that you'll ever get DTV with today's VU-sat or Kool-sat etc.

They may start building a dual coder but it is a waste (I do think they are available or might be available)

- DTV as of today only broadcast 720p as a non MPEG as strategy reason
- They will continue so in my guestimate for a couple of years or even more

- HD minimum requirement is 720p.
- 1080i is the best quality for HD broadcast
- 1080p broadcast is not available anywhere yet
- 1080p HD-DVD/Blu-ray is the only available 1080p
- BEV HD channels today in 720p MPEG-2
- You can ask can they do that? they sure can.!!!
- DN has both 720p/MPEG-2 HD as well as 1080i/MPEG-4 8PSK
- therepo, yes 8PSK/MPEG-4 can provide efficient HD broadcast

- 8PSK/MPEG-4 HD will become the only HD standard soon (i don't know how long)

EAVE I do think you got some credibility however I do remember you posted that you extracted a bin by j-tagging another receiver. This is contradicting what you said before.

Bottom line get this straight
- DTV is 720p QPSK non-MPEG
- BEV is 720p MPEG-2
- DN has some 720p MPEG-2 as well as 1080i/MPEG-4/8PSK

I will talk to you guys soon
King

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2232
Happy 4th King !

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1222
Thanx Scanner
I would like EAVE to explain exactly what U got I maybe missing something that needs clarity

Gold Member

Post Number: 2233
I have no idea what he has ,or were he got this mystery bin.
I think your post is self explanitory.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 121
QPSK is "quad" phase shift keying. Twice that is 8, i.e., 8PSK. These refer to types of modulation

MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 are types of compression.

Bev uses QPSK modulation and (currently) MPEG-2 compression for her HD signals.

DN uses 8PSK "Turbo-FEC" modulation and either MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 compression for HD signals.

Bronze Member

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 76
ok im abouth to get credibilty i am going to make a video step by step on how to use thomson to get dtv and use dreambox 7020 to get dtv .im a tester ive been testing since the f cards i have no need to get dtv dishnet is better but im a tester and i did it i will create video so everyone can see i am not bullshiiting

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1225
In his post:
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1178384#POST1178384

It sounded like he came across something
But now I'm not so sure which box he is got?
Or what he is really trying

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1226
I know what QPSK is
No sir BEV does not use QPSK
QPSK is not MPEG-2 you can trust me on that
You can say you learned something new from me today

QPSK and MPEG-2 are two different things
QPSK is just a name DTV is using
They are not compatible by any mean

It is like blu-ray and HD DVD
They are both blue beam and they are both HD but each can call what they'll name. But they are not compatible.

It is all hardware compatibility

Gold Member

Post Number: 2239
This I gotta see Eave.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1227
Also let me add that:
MPEG is an encoding process not a compression
Compression is in Mega Pixel.
Encoding and compression are 2 different things
Encoding and compression make up MPEG
QPSK or 8PSK are multibit FEC (forward error correction) is how it handles amount of bits for encoding/decoding process

I totally understand anyone can get confused that QPSK is half of 8PSK. It just how it happens each provider named its product

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 123
"QPSK is not MPEG-2"

Exactly! The former refers to a type of modulation, the latter to a type of compression, as I stated.

And yes, Bev uses QPSK, it is not proprietary to DTV.

If you have an FTA receiver, check for yourself, its instruction manual may have a description something like: "High Sensitivity QPSK Tuner and Demodulator". That's what mine says, anyway.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1228
Well I have tried. You can check on your own
You can have it your way

Like my example of HD-DVD/blu-ray by Toshiba and Sony
Bottom Line is hardware compatibilty
If you want to believe that is fine. If you don't that is OK with me too

You want DTV you start with a QPSK receiver
You start with correct hardware then you find a way to extract a bin.
Hardware first
I have a CD player. I wonder why I can't get FM radio!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1017

Hey, King
I don't need DirecTV,but I do want to scan in some TPs that are Dish Network Anik F3 @ 118.8W and Rainbow 1 @ 61.5W. Are they any FTA Receivers out there that has the ability to lock to an 8PSK format?

BTW are you back or just visting?

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1229
The only 8PSK I know is for HD channels using MPEG-4
Theoritcally you can use 8PSK for MPEG-2
That is a software convertion but not QPSK convert to MPEG-2

To answer your question the only hardware you need for 8PSK is an 8PSK module with MPEG-4 decoder. It is pretty much the newer HD decoder receivers that I don't advice anyone yet to buy.
Wait until they get much much cheaper.

Bronze Member

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 77
hey king if you read what i posted on that thread i used a dreambox 7020 .now i used a Thomson DHD4000 to. now listen up i was able only on both to get all channels of dtv but for some reason on both boxes i couldnt get ppv now i didnt do this alone i had help from a guy in ca from a forum dssforum.ca which now for some reason its closed sucks wish i could have him help me figure out why i cant get ppv. on dssforums.ca he was guard1

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1232
EAVE I totally believe you
Yes both of these 2 receivers are capable of DTV QPSK
But I'm having trouble understanding how you got it and what box you are working with

DTV encyption is the easiest to break
I have said that only 100 times
I'm sorry I can't help you because I don't watch TV lately that much

Gold Member

Post Number: 1018

Hey, King
THANKS,that was the answer I was looking for.
You are alright with me, I don't care what some of these asssholes say about you.
No more Tapeman, you are the man, King of the ecoustics satellite forum.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 125
Let me try once more, then I'll shut up. haha

Q/8PSK refers to signal modulation and MPEG-2/4 are standards of compression. These are separate functions used by providers in transmitting digital signals.

QPSK dosen't equal MPEG-2, nor are the married together, same with 8PSK and MPEG-4. Look, for instance at the very first TP on Echo listing on lyng sat: http://www.lyng sat.com/echo3.html. That says "8PSK MPEG-2/HD".

Now, even if you buy a fancy new HD box, like Pansat 9000, for instance that lists 8PSK demodulation, you're still not going to get DN HD with it because they use "Turbo" type of forward error correction. If you want to read about different types of these codes see here, for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_error_correction

DTV receivers, like our regular fta's, have had QPSK tuners, and the "MPEG-2-like" stream is very similar. But with different transport stream packet sizes and some other differences (forward error correction is slightly different as well) you can't watch DTV on a DVB box or vice-versa, although the hardware is pretty much the same. That's not to say some modifications cannot accomplish the feat--like turn an old DTV box into a Pansat 2500a clone and watch Dish.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1233
Now that sounds much better

Let me just add few things yo won't find on wikipedia or google
- MPEG-2 MPEG-4 and QPSK are best described as encoded digital data schemes
- Encoding does not equal compression
- Encoding is 1:1 equivalent
- Compression is reduction of size
- Compression is taking a digital mega pixel and reducing its size

Let me give yo an example:
If you have 1 hour of video footage digitized to broadcast quality of 60 Mega pixel rate will be about 30GByte. Using MPEG encoding quality at 6 Mega pixel compression will be broadcast ready for a total of 3GByte with superior digital quality. That is the magic buety of MPEG technology.
If I use a compression rate of 4Mega pixel total size will be 2GByte instead of 3GByte

So you can say MPEG is both encoding/compression
Encoding is a standard process. Compression is a set rate effecting over all quality. Low Mega Pixel the compression is low quality. Hi Mega Pixel is high quality.

Full HD format can be 1920x1080i
NTSC is 30 frames per second
1080i=30 frames per second
1080p=60 frames per second
i=interlaced
p=progressive scan
i=can also be made from 60 frames enhanced to 30 odd fields and 30 even fields. Old techniques that fool the eye but recently best perfected with newer HDTV sets that over $2000 (1080p) it can take 480i/p, 720p, 1080i to best possible display

1080i represent vertical lines however, one of the secrets I can pass onto yo all that DTV take horizontal lines and compress it to save bandwidth. i.e. they can take a 1920 and make it 1440. Stretch the pixel size to fill up entire screen without stretching over all quality.
It is a secrete, don't tell anyone
I got few other casual stuff here:
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1066812#POST1066812
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us