Dish Net

Username: Timfly45

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
What Dish Net satellite is the one that most people lock onto. Is it 110*or 119*

Thanking someone is advance,
The Duke

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 924
I suggest that you lock onto both. This way you get the full package.

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
How do you know what vertical degree to use on the dish for those birds.

Tim

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2735
Duck - Depending where you're at would be how to set up the dish itself. If you look at the list of reputable sites, you'll see links to different sat calculators. Use one of those to find that out.

Username: Gspot6977

Seattle, Wa Usa

Does anyone have the latest bin for dish? I have a viewsat ultra. Thanx :-)

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 6
latest bin for dish viewsat ultra? Could someone please post for me ? Read lots of posts and couldnt find it. Everyone have a great weekend! Thanx :-)_

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10146
[link removed]

PFTAUSW-070618U
------------------------------
* Versions
- Release Date : 2007.06.18
- Main software : PFTAUSW-070618U
- Boot Ver : 0.0E

* Change
(Main software upgrade)
- Bug fixed - Channel Locking Problem (USB Upgrade)

Username: Juzbcuz7

Post Number: 9
I found that 110 has more of the PPVs while 119 has more of a variety of stations.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 977

Hey Duke
EchoStar 7 @119.oW
From Toronto point your Dish to 229.8 degrees and Elevate it to 26.3

From Timmins 225.7 Elevate 23.7
From Thunder Bay 217.2 Elevate 27.6

EchoStar 8/10 @ 110.oW
Toronto = 220.3 Elevate 31.2
Timmins = 216.1 Elevate 27.8
Thunder Bay = 206.8 Elevate 31

With one LNB and Dish you can catch both birds.

BTW PRFRMNJ early on the sauce, name is Duke not Duck. (just joking)

Ontario Canada

Thanks for the help guys. I'll try and locate the birds today.

Tim

Username: Bart66

Post Number: 1
can someone help me i got a dish 301 and a dish with the card.witch one is the easyist to unlock they both have a high ballencs on them is there a way to do that.thank

Gold Member

Post Number: 2748
Kevin - I'm always on the sauce! LMAO!

But thanks for reminding me. Always take it as a joke... Good one...

Post Number: 2
can someone help me with dish?

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 934
steve, we don't quite know what you're asking. are you asking how to unlock your rom102 card? if so, what rev is it locked at? if it's at 109 you're out of luck, buddy.

Post Number: 3
ita a dish 500 with a 311 reciever thats all i know. its has a high bill on it

Bronze Member
Username: Coolphat5k

Post Number: 23
Steve, you have a couple of options. You can pay the bill on the box and continue subscribing or you can buy an fta receiver. You'll need to do a lot of reading on the particular model receiver you choose to buy to become familiar with flashing it. I suggest getting a View sat 2000 or cool sat 5000 due to their performance and reliability. They are also easy to work with. Go over here to Freedom or another reputible fta site to get all the info you need on either box. Cheers-

www.Freedomfta.Net

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 345
Upload

Username: Msand951

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 10
check out dish network's site. look in installation. they have a pdf file with all the info. Where to aim your antenna and from what zip code. Just look for your zip and it will tell you where to aim.

Bronze Member
Username: Msand951

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 11
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/DISH_Pointing_Angles.pdf

Silver Member
Username: Bandizzy

Post Number: 153
why would you be out of luck @ rev 109?

i need halp on a panset 3500 sd recieve.if i get thie reciever how does it work and do i need to buy anything else.thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10288
steve...I recommend u go to the unofficial pansat sie www.fure-fta.info , then register for free and read all about pansats and watch their videos and how to manuals...

BTW...if I had a choice of receivers, pansat would be near the bottom, next to fortec..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2750
Fortecs make good paperweights! LMAO. I guess I shouldn't talk bad about them, I still have one up and running (for testing purposes!)...

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2187
steve clemens

Posted on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 05:29 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i need halp on a panset 3500 sd recieve.if i get thie reciever how does it work and do i need to buy anything else.thanks

Order a J-tag cable!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2751
Sat - You hit that one on the nose...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10290
BRUTAL...No mercy!...But TRUE!...LMAO

BTW...I mispelled the link above, its www.future-fta.info

Question...anyone know why when i type thr future-fta link it automatically hilights to YELLOW...its freaking me out...I'm NOT purposely doing it...weird...thats new, started today...and I don't screw with the post edits/fonts/colors etc..

Username: Sapin23

I in the market to buy my first fta receiver and was told that a Cool Sat 7000 would be great for my Dish Satellite. I cancelled their services a few months ago and went with Time Warner but I'm not happy with what I have. Do you guys think that the Cool Sat 7000 is the way to go? Is there a way to hang on to the EPG instead of updating it a few days or is their a receiver that can hold on to the information? Once I buy my FTA, I'm hoping that I do not have to go up on my roof and turn the dish since I already had services from Dish Net? Is there a Thread for beginners as far as what equipment is needed along with software? Thanks in advance!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10358
I recommend a coo*lsat 5000, captiveworks premium, or homesat for a newbie who wants to have a simple inexpensive box...coo*lsat has best pic quality

if U want best, get a Sonicview 4000 or Viewsat ultra...both are USB ready...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2248
Never Ever get a pandead,pancrap or clone.

I will go with your recommendation on buying a ViewSat Ultra. What other accessories will I need and what software will I need to upload. I noticed that a ViewSat Ultra goes for around $160.00 new on e-bay, is that a good deal? I'm curious why will the Co*l Sat 7000 not be a better version to have?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2284
$160.00 sounds really cheap.Beware it seems it's clone at that price and ebay is notorious for clones.

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 7
The best deal I have found on a Viewsat ultra is at SATELLITE DISH EXPERT For $179 they have free shipping and currently are giving away a 1 gig USB flash drive for free with it. And they dont sell clones ..........If you have a ultra, the usb flash drive makes it all so painless. The ultra is a much superior unit to my old unit. Ease of operation,features,speed ect. And it has the best support. Oh, and I have a question: I have been running a Vortex Pro 7700 clone unit for sometime and upgraded to a VS ultra. With the ultra there are a couple channels I liked to watch that Aren't on the ultra.. encore westerns(342) and the scifi channel(122) I have loaded and reset several times, did blind scans and still these two channels arent in there. Anyone know why? I want my western channel!!!! Wahhhhhhh

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 8
Update: I just looked at S.D.E and they dropped their price to $175 for the ultra with free shipping and a free 1 gig USB flash drive included.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10395
John Smith..about the coo*lsat 7000, a PVR unit...do U really need PVR and ready for it?

http://forums.dsstester.c*om/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=245

I suggest using www.globalwholesalers.biz when buying products...they are reputable and well known..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10396
BTW...if U want the best unofficial Viewsat learning site, go to www.totalfta.com ...they have all the videos, manuals, guides, and a great forums..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10397
also www.dsscommunity.c*om has very knowledgeable and friendly Viewsat owners who also frequent here ..

there is a thread here "recommended reputable sites"...check it out, then U decide..

Post Number: 7
I really don't care 4 PVR but I will visit the other websites provided, thanks for the info guys!

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 9
question: I have been running a Vortex Pro 7700 clone unit for sometime and upgraded to a VS ultra. With the ultra there are a couple channels I liked to watch that Aren't on the ultra.. encore westerns(342) and the scifi channel(122) I have loaded and reset several times, did blind scans and still these two channels arent in there. Anyone know why? I want my western channel!!!! WahhhhhhhUpload

Bronze Member
Username: Gastrognome

Post Number: 39
do a tp scan-echo7 tp 12414-EWSTN
tp 12326-SCIFI

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 10
Thanks Gastrognome I'll try that !!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10409
whenever U are missing ONLY a FEW channels (NOT ALL)...just go to www.lyngsat:com to the sat U want, and channel U want and check the Transponder TP ...and then scan that TP with your receiver, don't rescan the entire sat or a blind scan...cause if U do , then U will have double channels...and do a TP scan should retieve those FEW missing channels for U...U may want to reboot the receiver again too...

also if U have auto TP on in receiver, usually it will auto pick up new tp changes, which may happen often..

Bronze Member

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 11
Question: I have a VS Ultra and I'm trying to edit duplicate channels. But when I push the OK button to delete a channel the box freezes up and I have to beboot it, sometimes it will let me do one edit,other times none. Any suggestions or solutions? thanks in advance
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us