Knightrider lights

Username: Sobe1

South beach, Fl

Post Number: 6
my clone 2500 displays nightrider lights only can anyone help

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10010
yes, upload an older bin or the factory 222 or 224 bin...

http://www.dsscommunity.c*om/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15

and can power off receiver with REAR switch, but get factory bin ready and hit "download" on your loader software, then IMMEDIATELY power ON the receiver..be persistent..

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2683
Add to that Patient as well....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10031
LOL...hey my man...whats shakin....nice to see ya!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2687
Just taking a break and stopping by to see old friends. What's going on with you?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10034
Just enjoying retirement 1 day at a time...its a tough life...LOL...I MUST play golf at 1015 tomorrow...and MUST go crabbing/fishing Wednesday with a buddy...and MUST take my boat out Thursday,... and must go visit Tarpon Springs greek village and sponge divers on Friday......geez, I need a vacation...LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 2689
LOL - After I retired I got bored and decided to work again. But this one is more like a part time job... I did get some golf in this weekend. Shot a 89 Saturday. I was in the mid 90's a few months ago, so I guess my game is improving or my math is getting worse! LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10037
Many golfers have that NEW MATH thing....LOL...89 is my all time low...I too am a mid 90's golfer...I get my short game down, then my driving sucks or my irons suck, and then sometimes vice versa..LOL...I'm sure u know the feeling..

I also took a PT truck driver (CDL class A tanker license) that turned into full time, the first couple years after I retired (I hauled mail cross country).....I did get to see many places all over the country and get paid for it too...LOL...and it was completely different from anything else I had ever done....then 1 day I said screw this!...LOL

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2860
SOBE SAID: "my clone 2500 displays nightrider lights only can anyone help "
Do NOT try 222 or 224 BIN. Try BIN 280T. If it does not go in, you need to JTAG.

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 331
omg Nalin you dont know do you
Listen to lk this will fix your knightrider lights.
Jtag is to be used when the stb has no power not when you need to fix the nightrider lights the factory bin file will work fine.

Listen to LK he was correct Nalin while he or she tries she just doesnt measure up all the time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2863
eatfish: He has a clone 2500. If he can't get 280T BIN in, he will need a JTAG. That is what I said and that is what he will have to do to get going.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2690
Correction - JTAG is for dead receivers REGARDLESS of clone or not. Night Rider Lights are caused by files that are either currupted when downloaded to your PC or during the flash process. In order to fix this you need to use the "HARD BOOT" method of flashing which is Flashing the receiver before it enters into its boot sequence. The instructions given by LK are the correct instructions. YOU DO NOT JTAG to fix Night Rider Lights regardless of CLONE or NO CLONE.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2865
PRFRMNJ : Do not take me out of context. I said, Try loading 280T BIN first. Can't your read?
I also say quite categorically, that if he is not successful loading 280T, whether or not he needs Jtag, the fact is that he is not in your home and he needs help. Either he will do it himself or go and get help.
The problem with you people is you are sitting on your high horse, not realising the practical problems of people. He needs his receiver to watch TV and sooner he does the one or two actions the better off he is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2695
No what you said was "He has a clone 2500. If he can't get 280T BIN in, he will need a JTAG. That is what I said and that is what he will have to do to get going."

My post is very clear! Lear how to read and understand. Specially when it come to your own post.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2696
I guess I need to save that post as well for your greatest hits.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10039
LMAO...that stupid nalin bit*ch hasn't changed...dumber than rocks and knows NOTHING!...and will never admit her WRONGS!...her INCORRECT bogus info is DAILY...people should NOT listen to her at all, unless they want to destroy their receivers and buy a new one..

Factory bins 222 and 224 or most any OLDER bin will work...and a Jtag is NOT needed at all, nor is recommended!....LMAO

Username: Sobe1

South beach, Fl

Post Number: 7
many thanks LK AND PRFRMNJ. Nalin thanks for the great bad advice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
hehehehehehehehe

sobe listen to lk and prfrmnj

Nalin the older bins like 222 as LK said will work even for a clone.

If you had any previous experience testing you would have known this.
Go get a receiver and learn dont give out advice that someone has told you would work.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10059
LMAO...she has NO clue about this hobby!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2877
Kids laughing for no reason.
Since sobe did not follow my advice we do not know if it would have worked.
In any case, I hope he is up and running

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
No Nalin I know it will not work I will say it again j-tagging is for when your receiver is dead meaning no power. You do not need to j-tag to fix any other problem. Sorry let me rephrase you need to j-tag to get power back and if you want to upgrade your 2500 to a 2700.

I have had to j-tag before and trust me loading a bin file and j-tagging are two different procceses.
Nalin do you know what a j-tag cable even looks like.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2705
I guess it's time to revive the old "Nalin's Greatest Hits" again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2884
eatfish: At every level, something looks very easy or difficult depending upon the expertise and the inclination to learn. Whether it is simply installing keys or installing a BIN or jtagging or replacing a capacitator on a board, or building an electronic board, it looks difficult or easy depending upon your expertise and knowledge, and your mood at the time you are doing it.
PRFRMNJ : You know very well that you were the one dead against me when I brought up the simple instruction of adding additional power supply to DP34. You actually started an experiment later and aborted it in the middle, because it did not seem to be going the way you thought it should, orthe way you had been preaching all along.
I have done it all. You can laugh all you want, but it will be a very long time before you can come anywhere near my expertise or knowledge of human nature and ability of students.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2710
Nalin - The only expertise you have is reading what others post and repeating or reposting.

FACT - DP34 Did not then and does not NOW need a power insert. This has been proven over and over and over and over and over, but your norrow minded self can't seem to grasp reality.

People around her already see what you are about and it was best illustrated earlier in this post when someone thanked you for your bad advice...

If in the event you feel you have anything positive to add go ahead and jump in, but if all you are going to do is run your mouth with the same old bs of yours, then may it's time you pack it up. Oh yes, and in case you are woundering about DishPro and DishProPlus proceedures I have them posted at just about every reputable site at the request of their Admins! So go ahead and look it up. you can't miss it it's posted by me

PRFRMNJ

Gold Member

Post Number: 2711
In case you don't know what sites to go look them:

Future
Total
Al7Bar TK
FTA Bins

Many more, but that should keep you busy for a while

PRFRMNJ

Gold Member

Post Number: 2886
Now you are contradict your master LK, who just claimed that powering a DP34 is the norma and is posted all over!!!
Make up your minds, you clowns.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2713
Nalin - It's okay! I understand your lack of mental capacity to grasp this concept. Don't worry! No one here holds it against you. We all know you were late the day brains were being passed out and ended up with nothing. We really do understand!

PRFRMNJ

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 253
well said PRFRMNJ. i cant wait for nalin greastest thread.

Bronze Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 68
Regarding DP34:

DP34 is an unpowered switch. That is, it will draw power from a receiver in order to operate properly. Also in this system, all LNBs connected to a DP34 will also draw power from a receiver when the receiver is powered on.

Many receivers can indeed power the setup, and there is no apparent problem. You will see, however, especially with Viewsats--but not exclusively, users complaining of losing power to their LNBs. Everything may have been working fine for months or longer, then it will suddenly lose signal after a few minutes. Toggling LNB power ON/OFF can restore it, or rebooting the receiver, but often once the problem starts it becomes chronic.

This is using regular single and/or twin/quad DP LNBs with a DP34, not necessarily DPP (which also have power issues with FTA receivers).

Since DP34 is a multiswitch, there are often two or more receivers attached to the system, which can help share the power load when at least two are powered on. If part of a sub system, sub is generally connected to port 1 out from the switch and others can be used for FTA receivers without a problem.

If there is only one FTA receiver being used, and issues arise (or even if not, it may indeed be prudent to take precautions), a non-subbed DN box can be connected just for power as well, and can be left ON all the time, or you can use a power inserter. Or just use a 4x1 diseqc with one receiver.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10083
Again it is NOT always necessary to power DP LNB'..in fact, its very rare, if ever..I haven't seen one yet....but DPP LNB's are another story...and thats all in another thread and we have discussed that and explained it to nalin many times....but now she wants credit for the DPP info, which she had totally posted incorrect info...and now she says that I agree with her , contradictory to PRFRMNJ...she's on crack...LMAO...

nalin, get back on that camel, and beat it!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2888
Therepo has made a very strong statement, which I also have been trying to get through to the nuts like LK and PRFRMNJ.
When a person installs DP34, it is often with the intention of having more than one receiver. In a normal household the intention is often for two different persons to use the systems and usually in different rooms. Therefore where two Viewsats may power the system, if one is off, the other fails to function properly or is erratic. We have had posts from various users in the past here in this forum, complaining of erratic problems which eventually (and in spite of the stupidity of LK) got traced to inadequate power to the system.
The other important aspect of the equation, is the fact that many people are stopping or discarding their DN service and starting to use FTAs. The complaint of these people is usually the simple fact that "everything was working fine, then I bought the Viewsat and I can't see TV. Please help". The stupid LK will then post the URL to the totalfta site and think that he has helped or he will be abusive to the newbie telling him to go and read. The fact is that LK has to read read read till his eyes pop out to understand this simple problem.
It is NO use telling me or the public that the problem only shows up at times. The use of DP34 switch implies the need or intention now or in near future for more than one receivers and the two or three receiver may or may not be on at the same time. THEREFORE, you always advise on installing a separate power tothe DP34.

AND LK, here is another QED for you. Now shut upo and do everybody a favour by taking your antipsychotic medicine.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10086
nalin...STFU...U are a bore and are either retarded or a narc...PRFRMNJ said it best...

Nalin - It's okay! I understand your lack of mental capacity to grasp this concept. Don't worry! No one here holds it against you. We all know you were late the day brains were being passed out and ended up with nothing. We really do understand!

PRFRMNJ

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
Nalin you have no clue who I am or what I do how can you state this.
cp--
I have done it all. You can laugh all you want, but it will be a very long time before you can come anywhere near my expertise or knowledge of human nature and ability of students.

what I want to know is wtf does this have to do with fta. Nothing of course. If you have done it all why do you give bad advice here.
also
cp---
At every level, something looks very easy or difficult depending upon the expertise and the inclination to learn. Whether it is simply installing keys or installing a BIN or jtagging or replacing a capacitator on a board, or building an electronic board, it looks difficult or easy depending upon your expertise and knowledge, and your mood at the time you are doing it.
when did I state that things are easy or hard I beleive I stated that loading bin files and j-tagging are two different processes.
you must like to drink and often.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2714
For Nalin and Therepo (I hope this will help you understand)

This time I'm going to get a bit technical since when I used plain English you didn't seem to understand.

FTA v. DN Receiver Power Output.

FTA

Most FTA Receivers put out 13v for Vertical Polarization and 18v for Horizontal Polarization at 600mA Max

DN Receivers

These receivers put out 13v for Vertical Polarization and 18v for Horizontal Polarization at 750mA.

DishPro Plus v. DishPro LNB's

DishProPlus LNB requires 700mA to power up ONLY when using the third LNB input. In other words a three LNB Setup. What this means is that if you are running a DishProPlus LNB for FTA as long as you don't use the third LNB input then your FTA Receiver will power this setup without a problem because it would work as a DishPro Twin/Quad LNB and only require 500mA to power up which is easily supplied by your FTA Receiver.

When hooking up a DP34 Switch to a DishPro Twin LNB the power requirement jumps to 550mA which is still easily supplied by your current FTA Receiver. Where people run into problems is when hooking up a third LNB to the DP34 as the power requirement then goes up to 600mA which is the max output of a FTA Receiver.

Having said that, the purpose of running a DP34 switch is to be able to run multiple FTA Receivers on a Three LNB System which is why people seem to think they need a Power Insert.

This, however, is a misconception. Because more than one FTA Receiver will be used and even if only two FTA Receivers are used they WILL provide more then enough power to run the setup.

Last but not least is the misconception of having to leave the receiver on! Not sure where this came from, but if you think about what I'm about to say for a little while, it will make sense. Why is it that we disconnect all receivers in a setup from the Wall Outlets when messing around with cables and switches? To avoid damaging your switches (you know the DISEcQ's that everyone seems to be blowing). This is because even when turned off, the receiver, be it FTA or SUB, will continue to provide power to the LNB's. Hence the reason you do not need to keep the receiver turned ON!

LNB Power Requirements & Polarization

DishPro Plus is an LNB used by Echostar systems. It is used on the Dish500 and some of the Super Dish setups. It has 2 outputs, and 1 input, using stacked polarity technology, (Converts the H polarity to V, interlacing it with the existing V polarity signals) resulting in only V polarity allowing longer cable runs (over 200 feet) by using only 13 volt LNB power and uses either Circular polarization or Linear polarization. It can be used with DPP and DP series switches (loses DPP functions when used with a DP34 however), as well as the new Dishpro Plus Separators

PRFRMNJ

Gold Member

Post Number: 2715
Since Nalin has just trashed yet another thread, I'll start a new one with the above information so it is clear and easily accesible to those looking for it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2891
PRFRMNJ : The person who trashed this thread is your old buddy LK See this post on 18th June, and stop blaming me.

Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 07:59 pm: by LK

"LOL...hey my man...whats shakin....nice to see ya!"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10112
Nalin..U are a LOSER...thats your best shot....give it up azzhole!...I trashed a thread by welcoming PRFRMNJ...U are MENTAL:!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2896
If you are interested in social banter with your friends, start your own thread. You have not contributed to this thread.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10121
NALIN..OBVIOUSLY U ARE A NARC OR AN ECOUSTICS PERSON RAMBLING ON TO GET MORE POSTS.....SO STFU...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2901
You need your anti-psychotic medication. It seems you have stopped it again for over a week.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 970

Please.... LK
Not so loud, we can all hear you.
Iam a man of few words, so you guys can try here to read about the DP34 Switch. Who knows you all may learn something, I did.

htt://www.satelliteone.com/dish/support/dp34_switch.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10131
hehehe..I already know about the DP34 switch,as I'm sure u do too..and nalin's such a puke, that she annoys me, like a pekinese dog trying to hump my leg......LMAO....U're right, I must learn to IGNORE that crazy camel sucker..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us