Need help please about a second tv to receiver

Username: Drymartini

Post Number: 2
Hi Guys,

Cliffs Notes:

can i watch 2 different tvs in two different rooms with 1 pansat receiver. I know i will have to watch same programming in both tvs and thats fine. i just need to get it working. what accessories do i need to buy.

---------------------------------
I appreciate all the help you guys gave to get me up and running. I have run into a problem.

Let me tell you initial setup before i got my pansat 3500 SD. I used to have dish network. The cables from the dish in the roof top came to my bedroom where the installers hooked up my receiver. However, i had a coaxial cable coming out of the wall in my living room and when they hooked it up to the tv in living room, i could watch programming with a second remote (there was another remote for the bed room but since the receiver in bedroom wasnt hooked to any tv it was unused).

now that i told about initial setup, let me tell setup now. I have a pansat 3500SD that receives the cables from the same dish. this is the bed room. Now i want to use a tv in the living room as before hooked up to that same coaxial cable coming out of the wall. But the tv screen is blank.

question 1: can i watch 2 different tvs in two different rooms with 1 pansat receiver. I know i will have to watch same programming in both tvs and thats fine. i just need to get it working. what accessories do i need to buy.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2037
Install a standard coax tv splitter in the line from reciever output to tv,connect the splitter output into your wall outlet.Any and all outputs in your house are now connected to the reciever.You can also add the optional pansat uhf remote sender to your reciever and use that remote in other rooms to control your reciever.

Post Number: 3
how do i connect the splitter output to wall outlet. I presume you mean connect the splitter in the bedroom (receiving the satellite feed from the roof top) to the wall outlet in the bedroom. correct ?

thanks again for your help

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9942
Just connect the cable going into TV 1 (FROM the receiver) to a regular TV splitter and run another cable (RG6) to 2nd TV (or 3-4-5 TV's)...thats all...then both/all will get the same channels at same time....and U can buy a IR remote extender relay and plug that into a wall outlet and use the 1 remote to change both/all TV's from anyplace in the house..

Post Number: 4
thanks guys for your help. I will let you know how it turns out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us