Westinghouse 37" set-up

Username: Rhodar12

Post Number: 1
I have a 37" Westinghouse 1080p. I am new to HDTV and trying to learn the terminology, so please excuse if I get some words wrong.

I like the set! I have two concerns:
1. The Comcast set-up tech had no code for the Scientific Atlanta 3250 Explorer remote that would cause the set-top box remote to control the monitor. Westinghouse support sent some codes, but they didn't work either. Can anyone make a suggestion?
Or, barring that, can I use a learning remote (as per the manual) with the set-top box and the monitor?

2. The cable tech could not plug up both my DVD and my VHS VCR. He suggested I alternate using them by switching the cables, as did the Westinghouse support. Does anyone know another way to avoid this problem (especially resetting the clock, etc., on the VCR every time I use it)? Does it mean I couldn't have a DVR without alternating it with my DVD player?

Thanks for assistance.

Username: That_boy_eyght

Post Number: 7
Question 1: Did you try the manual code input where it searches through every code it knows until it finds one that works. That's what I usually do, and it works, since I tend to have off brand items (Apex, Aspire Digital, and so on)

Question 2: How many inputs (jacks on the back) does your TV have? If it's a HDTV, it has to have a couple at least. You should be able to plug both things in at the same time. The VCR could go into the composite jacks (yellow, red, and white) and your dvd should be able to go into a S-Video jack (looks like a mouse or keyboard jack you'd find on a computer) Then all you have to do is swap between the different inputs whenever you want to watch a certain thing.

Username: That_boy_eyght

Post Number: 9
Got the reply in a email. No problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us