Use Pansat 3500sd with exiting Direct TV Satellite Dish

Username: Hoklor

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I'm planning to buy Pansat 3500sd and I already have a Direct TV and Satellite Dish from Direct TV. Do any body know that I can use the same Satellite Dish from Direct TV to pick FTA channel? or I need to buy separate Satellite Dish just for Pansat 3500ds?

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 876
If you're talking about DN or Bev: the lnbs on the dish will work with FTA, however, you will probably only be able to catch one satellite.

If you're talking about true FTA: no, you need linear lnb and larger dish.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2027
Oh yeah,you know fta manufactor's gonna luv this !

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2028
wrong thread,

Silver Member

Post Number: 877
A little too much sugar in your diet today? LOL

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2789
You can't get DTV channels on your FTA receiver. You will have to direct your dish towards DN or towards other FTA satellites. As pointed out earlier you need a 30-36" dish for true FTA.
You can use the Dish with new LNBs directed at DN sats using a Pansat 3500, but I would recommend you stay away from this receivere and buy something like a Viewsat or Sonicview or Captive Works.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Jason Borne & Nalin Nyda.

To Nalin Nyda:
About the receiver can you give me little more info on pansat 3500sd why would you recommend to stay away from this receivere? and which exactly would you recommend?.

Thanks again for your helped

Gold Member

Post Number: 2794
In my opinion,
1. Pansats in general have had a poor software support.
2. Pansat 3500 has had problems in the power supply both in terms of inferior parts and in terms of powering the LNBs switches etc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
Nalin is correct about the support issue and power supply issues. But, if you have a working Pansat then you might as well keep it. Usually, if the power supply is destined to fail, the power supply will fail within the first 100 hours of use (like most electronics). As for software support, we're in a stable era for hacked FTA, thanks to VS :-), so whatever fix VS comes out with Pansat follows shortly after.

Silver Member
Username: Thechiz2

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 220
yes Nalin Nyda is correct.

i got two panshiiiit 3500 sd's

one went black. no lights no power nothing. tried jay tagging with the 3 best ways that you can do it from the fta sights. nothing.

on 119 and 110 i used dave lnb's, poor mans dish.
on bev i used an old diiiiick net lnb.

i think thats what did it. they both came with m80 already installed.

when i first got the units they both had a high frequency buzz. loose resisters from what i've read.

the sad thing is that i got these in feb of this year.

not even four months dead.

so now i have to send the unit in for warranty and hopully they dont discover that i put other software on it to void the warranty.

yeagh.....dont get a panshiiiiiit

Post Number: 3
So any suggestion on which receiver i should get that capable of use with some pay channel?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2823
I have so far never heard of any problems with Sonicview 4000 - either in the area of adequate power with DN LNBs and switches, or in the area of autorolling of key or availability of BINs. The viewsat ultra is also good. They both weigh in at about US160. I also like the USB drive input.

Post Number: 4
Thank Nalin Nyda, I will take a look at this 2 receivers.

Username: Gamemasta56

Post Number: 1
well, i want to watch tv for free tell me wt reciever to get, and wt to do, i want to watch free ppv movies, and get free cable. i want to know wt to do, wt options are open for me please let me now

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9967
This hobby is like anything else...if u want to know things u need to go READ and experiment..this site here has no manuals, guides, or files that are needed to begin this hobby..

Start by buying a decent receiver such as a Viewsat Ultra ($175) and a Dish 500 with Dual legacy LNB's ($89) from www.totalfta.com ...good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us