Sapphire x1600pro HDMI to HD61Z585 Problems

Username: Mike_900640

Loxahatchee, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
HTPC issues with JVC HD61Z585:
This PC is using the Sapphire x1600 pro 256mb HDMI PCIe card and two ATI theater PRO Capture cards. This HTPC is running Vista Media Center. I connect to the HDMI port on my JVC HD61Z585 which I purchased 9/19/04 and the screen is "blank". I connect a monitor to the "VGA" port on the Sapphire so I can change settings like 480i 480p 720i 720p refresh values etc.. nothing seems to work after spending hours. I downloaded the latest Cat software from ATI still same problem "blank screen". I did all this two months ago.

JVC HD61Z585 breaks:
This TV has been very good to me with 6-8 hrs a day of usage and 2 1/2 yrs until the first Service call. A couple of days ago the I turned the TV on then walked outside.. Come back in and the screen is out. Disconnect the power; I power cycle a few times... It appears when it attempts to turn on and then I hear what it sounds like light bulb failure noise then the TV just runs with the FAN on. I repeated the above a few times with the same symptoms.

Warranty Service excitement begins:
I called BrandsMart because I have a 5 year warranty with them and they will be out here this Friday to look at the unit. I'm thinking it's a bulb replacement.

HTPC issues with JVC HD61Z585:
So I have a few questions for anyone in the forums that can help?
This way I can speak with the repair man with some knowledge.

- Is there a way to examine the light engine? I have occasionally seen green lines appear horizontally across the entire screen, I power cycle and they go away.

- Are there any updates for the HDMI module that would cause the issues I'm having with the HDMI out from my PC. My SA HD receiver from Comcast works with the HDMI port as well as my Sony DVD Player.

- What is the latest compatible bulb for this unit is it TS-CL110UAA (TS-CL110U. So I may tell the repair man.

Thanks in advance
Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us