Rca 50" problems

Username: Stevemac

London, On Canada

Post Number: 1
screen starts to flash with a white background like a photo negative. Gets so severe then shuts down tv. hdlp50w151yx1 any repair thoughts or has anyone dealt with this. bulb seems fine wheel looks a little dirty but dont know what to clean with was going to use contact cleaner but haven't tried that yet scared it may damage more.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremy_m70

US

Post Number: 32
Steve,

Light engine is bad most likely. Had almost same problem with a RCA HD50LPW175yx1. Mine started at first when it was turned on but would clear up, after awhile it took longer and longer until it never cleared up. Mine had a whitish sometimes grayish distortation in picture, even sometimes only portions of screen would be distorted. However mine never shut down though. Good news, if any, is that a new light engine also consist of a new color wheel. Sad part is that mine started after 1 month from purchase and the replacement light engine lasted 2 months after a 4 month backorder. However, with that said, a bad bulb sometimes will do unusual things, the set shutting down makes me think it could be a failing lamp. A new lamp is the easy and cheapest fix, a light engine could cost around 1000.00 (US) and you might be better to by a new, better model for as much. With my past experience I would buy a lamp if you could return it if it doesn't work and/or buy a new non RCA tv.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us