Dead ultra

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2022
Kids plugged one of my red devil waffer boards with 103cam embedded into the ultra cam slot,just see what happens .Well now we know.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9845
Bring a unit back from the dead!! ...a copy/paste

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I have seen alot saying there units look dead. Here are a few things to try before sending it back to VS.

1. if it's a clone your SOL
2. reboot pc
3. reload factory file

if still no go and you have access to another working receiver then do the following:

1. Load working unit with factory file
2. Once loaded hook up serial cable to dead receiver with power from back switch to off
3. On working unit hooked up to tv do the following:

Menu-> Installation -> Reciver Upgrade

choose main software and click OK
(you will see a progress window)

4. Turn dead unit on from back switch
5. The progress bar should start to move indicating dead unit is being programed.
If it doesn't check make sure your serial null-modem cable is firmly in place to both receivers and try again.

If the above does not work then your unit is in fact dead... or has a blown fuse.

I have brought a few units back when they seemed to be dead with no front display at all, with these procedures.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2023
It's ALIVE ! I left it overnight and all day,toggled the crap out of the reboot power switch and got - .Then reflashed factory bin then latest bin ,rescanned and Yes ! all is good again.Guess it wasn't terminally dead but a bad comma for sure.Guess i'm lucky its a genuine ultra and with another bin or card it might have had a different outcome .For all those who ever wondered: what can happen if u put a card in the slot now you know. Never plug a card into the card slot ! I have also changed out my switches to upgrade capacity to 8 sats and 4 recievers.Gonna get another receiver as soon as I deceide on what make and model and find the right deal/dealer.

Have been thinking that because the cam changed when the card was installed and was not compatible with the bin,it never was able change the bin and that might have saved my azz .

Bronze Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 17
Oooooookay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us