I want 110, 119, 148, 82, and 91, But how?

Bronze Member
Username: Soormaaz

Post Number: 13
Hello there,

I trying to find a way to recieve programming from 5 satellites which are: 110, 119, 148, 91, and 82. I have a DP34 switch that I use. It has three inputs. Input one is connected to 110, input two is connected 119, and input three is connected to 148. I can use 4x1 Diseqc to get 91 or 82 but that will still leave out one satellite. I don't know if there's 6x1 Diseqc or 5x1 that can allow me recieve 5 satellites. Can anyone help me with this. Any help would be really really appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 13
You can put another switch between dp34 (or diseqc) and receiver that you can hook in other LNB(s). Most fta receivers now can exploit sw commands as well as diseqc, so an sw21 for instance can go one side to dp34, other side to 91/82. You could use a diseqc here to combine 91/82-or just a twin DP (but not Legacy twin in this case).
Settings (match diseqc to physical settings, if using DP twin LNB, 119 or 91 should use diseqc 1, 110 or 82 diseqc 2):
110 - diseqc 1, sw dish 1
119 - diseqc 2, sw dish 1
148 - diseqc 3, sw dish 1
91 - diseqc 1, sw dish 2
82 - diseqc 2, sw dish 2

Another option is to use 0/22kh switch--ecoda brand allows diseqc signals to pass on the 22kh side (others don't allow passing commands), so you could use that for diseqc with 91/82 (or DP twin).
Settings:
110 - diseqc 1, 22kh off
119 - diseqc 2, 22kh off
148 - diseqc 3, 22kh off
91 - diseqc 1, 22kh on
82 - diseqc 2, 22kh on

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 401
I use an SW-21, then 2 diseqcs. I have all those, another one (97) and space for 2 more. Check out //dssrookie.com they taught me :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
edenman, can you please post the dssrookies link to that page. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 514
how about forget about the dp34 switch. and use only 4x diseqc switch. but your lnb has to be twinlegacy for 110-119 this way you only use one cable for both 110/119

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
You need to register first.. then try a search. I will try to find that page again and post it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
Heres a good thread on the subject

//dssrookie.com/forums/b-fta-font-color-0000ee-help-guides-font-b/how-to-setup-m ore-then-4-satellites-36768.html?highlight=sw-21+diseqc

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
And heres a rough pic..Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
hello there,

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for being very helpful.

Now, I connected 110 to dish1 and 119 to dish2 on an sw21 switch and then connect sw21 to port one of dp34. The problem now occured is that I could only receive 119 but not 110.

I've got viewsat lite. following are the settings for 110 and 119.
110:
LNB type OSD-DP
22K OFF
DISEQC PORT 1
LEGACY SW21 DISH 1

119:
LNB TYPE OSD-DP
22K OFF
DISEQC PORT 1
LEGACY SW21 DISH 2

I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. But if there is, please let me know. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 515
punjabi u gonna make yourself crazy . cut the headack and use twinlegacy for 110/119 and u will be saving money and watch your 5 sat . think of buying switchs will cost you . if u combine switchs sometimes is not reliable sometimes it is . so do it easy way .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Cartier, you sound good. Your plan sounds easy. But, ur talkin rocket science to a village dude. I don't know a thing about twin legacy. All I know is that I have an LNB that says Dish Pro and has two connectors. This is my current LNB. I have two more LNBs that say Dish Pro Plus and has one LNB in two LNB out. Any of these twin legacy. If yes, please let me know how to set them up. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 15
No, none are Legacy.
punjabi, are any of the LNBs you're using twin LNBs? Twin is fat and contains 2 LNBs intended for 119 and 110? Dishpro twins have an internal switch that uses diseqc commands, like the dp34 switch, and each output on the LNB has a "default" state for either sat. If the diseqc command doesn't reach the LNB's switch, the output will be the default setting. Looking at the LNB from the from, 119 is on the left, 110 on the right.

Connecting a DP twin to a switch using diseqc commands, you should connect 119 port 1, 110 port 2.

The LNB "in" on the DDP LNBs can't be used properly with FTA, DishPro Plus technology only really works with DN receivers. Also those LNBs require more power and may tax your fta box, so you should have a sub box connected at the same time.

Now, since you have an sw21, why dont you try connecting as edenman suggests above in the picture?

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
Yeh, Im not sure about the compatibility of DP34s and sw-21s. I do get some minor freezing sometimes with this setup, but I am using cheapie switches. I hear good ones like spawns or chiteas work great :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
ahh... another problem,

I could only get 91 not 82. When I looked for 82, I used lnb 110 and the signal was there. Then I connected to lnb 119 and the signal was also there 91. Assuming 82 is on the right side and 91 is on the left. I tightened the screws and checked again and all the signal was stil there. I don't know wassup!
I'm using VS-lite. I have one wire connected to lnb 110 and the other to 119 lnb. It doesn't matter which lnb I connect to, I just get 91. Do I need different type of lnb or I'm doing something wrong. Any help be great. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 38
Not sure what switch setup you're using now, or if you're using a twin (2 LNBs in one with 2 outputs--or 4, a quad) or not.

Looking at the LNBs from behind the dish, 119/91 is left, 110/82 is right.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I'm using twin lnb the one with 2 outputs. in quote what is u stated is right. "Looking at the LNBs from behind the dish, 119/91 is left, 110/82 is right." I've connected to both satellites but I get 91 only. Let me know how to fix this. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 40
Can you state clearly what switches you're using, as there's been sw21 and dp34 mentioned, and where you have them connected?

For understanding how DP switching works with the LNBs and switches like dp34 or 4x1 diseqc's, here is a great explanation by Blackswan:

"The D/P lnbfs have an internal diseqc compatible switch, and no you don't bypass it by using an external switch. The purpose of connecting two outputs to the switch is so the internal switch will get both diseqc commands. Without any switch in line, each receiver connected to the dishpro lnbf can receive either 110 0r 119. 119 is selected by the lnbf receiving a diseqc 1 (or 3) command, and 110 is selected by the lnbf receiving a diseqc 2 (or 4) command. To illustrate, let's say I have a D/P twin lnbf. I also have only one receiver connected to the lnbf with only one cable. when I select a channel on 119, the receiver sends a diseqc 1 command to the lnbf and the 119 signal is selected and sent to the receiver. When I change the receiver to a channel on 110, a diseqc 2 command is sent to the lnbf, and 110 sat signal is sent to the receiver.
Now I later decide I want to add another couple of dishes to receive two more sats. Now I need a switch to connect thes extra dishes to. I know that the cable I have connected to the dishpro receives both 110 and 119, right? Let's use a Diseqc switch for this example, but a DP 34 works the same, except my extra lnbfs must all be Dishpro. I will connect the D/P cable to port 1, and 91 to port 2, and 61.5 to port 3 Now, I think, I have four sats on three ports of my diseqc switch with one port left open for the future. Right? Let's see what happens now. I select a 119 channel, the receiver sends the diseqc 1 command out. My diseqc switch sees the diseqc 1 command and switches to port 1. The command now passes through port 1 of the switch and is sent on to my D/P twin, which selects 119 and sends it back to the switch and on to the receiver. Now let's change channels to a channel on the 110 sat. now the receiver sends a diseqc 2 command out to the switch which immediately switches to port 2. now the switch has selected the lnbf on port 2 which is 110 right? Wrong! It selects what I have connected to port 2 which is 91! What happened to 110? Since the D/P never receive the diseqc 2 command, it didn't change to 110. So, what we must do is play a little trick on our Dishpro lnbf. We are going to make it think it has two receivers connected to it. We now connect a second cable to another output, and connect the other end of thast cable to port 2 of our switch, moving 91 to port 4. Now let's see what happens. When I select the channel on 110, my receiver sends the diseqc 2 command to the switch. The switch instantly changes to port 2 and sends the command on to the Dishpro. The Dishpro thinking this is another receiver send the 110 signal back down the cable to the switch, and on to my receiver. Wow! now I can see the 110 channel I selected. Is 119 still on port 1? yes becasuse that cable never received a command to switch. Did we lock or disable the internal switch? no, we just made the lnbf think it had two receivers connected. Each output of the D/P would still switch if it gets the command, but the cable connected to port 1 never receives a diseqc 2 command, since it is intercepted by my switch, so it never changes to 110. And the second cable connected to port 2 never receives the diseqc 1 command, so it never changes to 119."

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2676
A simple solution would be to use a zinwell 6x8 switch...

However, Therepo - Heck of a post... Nice!

Bronze Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 42
He's using DishPro LNBs. We think!

And I can take no credit for the post, c/p from Blackswan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us