Samsung 61 inch DLP Problem

Username: Dodger_blue

Salinas, Ca United States

Post Number: 1
Hi i have a Samsung 61 inch DLP that i bought in 06 from CC. I was one of the last 61 inch model before the 1080p (mine is 1080i) came out. Anyway when i first got it, a few times out of thwe blue the tv would just shut off. Oddly enough that went away and its never shut off again by itself. Now several months later a new issue has surfaced. The entire left entire half of screen on occasion flickers (very much the same way a crt monitor will when the refresh is set too low). Turning the tv off and letting it set a minute and then turning it back on fixes the issue. It happens randomly however and have seen this left half of screen flicker problem about 5 times in last month or so. I havent seen this problem mentioned on this forum so i hope someone has a thought. BTW, buld bas 3500 hours on it. Any thoughts?

Username: Omegadealer

Post Number: 2
Get a replacement lamp dude...regardless, it is bound to go out...with 3,500 hours your a good candidate for one. I found the general technical support very good at Discount-Merchant.com (619-710-2637 x207) [even if you didn't but the set from them] and they have the best price on samsung lamps...

good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us