Pansat 3500S Dead

Username: Dhabu

Boston, Ma Usa

Post Number: 3
I have Pansat 3500SD. It had been working okay, some of the channels were getting distorted but not scambled. This lasted for 3-4 days and than the box died totally even after rebooting several time.
I than replaced it with another Pansat Box which was running fine in another location and when hooked up to the current location the same scenario started to happen. The picture would would get distorted where as in another location the picture would be fine. Can someone help me to reslove this problem. Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9710
Obviously since it ONLY happens at that same location within your house, it's a hardware issue...so start checking cables, connections, change ports on switch and receiver settings, and lastly switch/reverse LNB output....process of elimination...BUT all those things should NOT cause receiver to DIE and lose TOTAL power, but only just lose picture...maybe u have bad electrical outlet problem taht is power surging for whatever reason...its very unusual to have 2 receivers requiring a Jtag because of using the same wiring location..maybe U need to REDEFINE "DIED"..

Boston, Ma Usa

Post Number: 4
When I say it is dead. It is totally DEAD.
Does not boot no power to it at all. There is no juice at all.
So why does it only distort certain channels only and not the others?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9711
IF its TOTALLY DEAD AND DOES NOT EVEN BOOT ON, then how the hell can ANY channels be "distorted"!...U make no sense!

Boston, Ma Usa

Post Number: 5
Hello!!It was distroted before it died.
I do not want the same to happen to another box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9735
I believe I already answered and explained this all to u above..maybe u should read it again..cables and location will NOT kill a receiver, especially since the other working location is using the same LNB's, switches, and type cable..I would suggest U have a bin issue, but that makes no sense either since its fine at other location...so either U have 2 bad power supplys or capacitors in both receivers (unlikely)...or that bad location has a bad electrical outlet burning up your capacitors or power supply..

BTW...I'm from Mass too and trying to help U, so don't get "cute" with me!..helloooooo!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2760
Bhavini: Do not listen to LK - He does not know much and pretend to know a lot.
You probably have a excessive power draw at the location where the Pansat 3500s are dying. This happens with Dishpro and DN LNBs. This can be catastrophic for some receivers - notable Pansat 3500 and to a lesser extent to some models of Viewsats.
Often it is a some capacitators in the receivers that need replacing. I suggest you get some expert advice on how to connect up your equipment.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9744
nalin..U are an idot ignorant azzhole...no other words are necessary!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us