Best FTA Receiver to get

Bronze Member
Username: Buddho81

Post Number: 22
I am interested in purchasing my third FTA receiver...

I currently have a fortec which works great and I have an advance Sat receiver that works okay...

I need another for my apartment (other two receivers are for my parent's place)

Any suggetions on which one is the best one??

Handles all auto roll pretty smoothly?? would like something with Component video output and even consider the HD ones but thats only if I am going to channels in HD with a small investment.

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2748
The best buy currently is Viewsat Ultra or Soniview 4000.
"HD with a small investment" is not possible at present - wait about 3-4 months. It costs upwards of $500 or even $800 by the time you have everything going.

Silver Member
Username: Antiscums

Millburn, NJ

Post Number: 104
traxis 4550 i paid $60

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 495
you can get the captive works for around 110CAN the auto roll works good this is the best box out for your money have a nice day all

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2017
Traxis ? ......

Silver Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 160
viewsat ultra and then is the rest

Bronze Member
Username: Sekhem

Post Number: 67
viewsat ultra is a great investment. You will not be disappointed. The greatest autroll in the business and the fastest channel scan compared to the rest. Sonicview 4000 is great as well and is in the family line of viewsat support.....The best in the biz.

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 496
i do not think so cw 600p is the best auto roll out this new bin 140 has worked on my boxes for months now and the price is 110CAN can you say that about viewsat lee go and do you homework viewsat cost about 200can everything you get for 200can iget for 125can taxes included droped off at my door load one bin and watch tv beat that have a nice day

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
You can have your cw 6000p. I'll keep my my opinion and you keep to yours. captive works cannot touch viewsat and it is not even in the same class. The price alone tell the story and cw's support cannot compare to viewsat. My homework was done and i am a very satisfied as well as happy person when it comes to my choice bruce and there are a lot of others who happen to agree with me.

Bronze Member
Username: Buddho81

Post Number: 23
I've been researching and leaning towards the Viewsat...it's got component out which is kinda nice...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Wise choice. You will not be disappointed.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2038
I love my ultra,can do more than i'll ever ask it to do and super fast response on any operation it does.

Bronze Member
Username: Techme

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 18
IM SELLING C0OLSAT 8000HD $250 WITH SWITCH AND NULL CABLE I HAVE 9 OF THESE UNITS

Username: Redwater71

Post Number: 10
Question : Doesn't CW and Viewsat have the same "code source" ? aren't they on the same team just different boxes (like the ford tempo was to the topaz). I know the bins are different, different encoding ....

Silver Member
Username: Banej

Post Number: 215
to tell you the truth i have bith VS Xtreme and CW 600S Premium. I use CW600P on my plasma 42". The picture is much better on CW, the remote is small unlike VS whick looks like a brick. It has logos for most of the channels and EPG 7 day unlike VS which is only 24 hours.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us