Question about multiswitch

Bronze Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 26
Do I have to change any of the settings in the receiver if I'm using a multiswitch 3 x 4 in order to see the channels??? Thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 520
yea you have to set the ports correctly for you to view the channels...as in 119 is port 1 110 is port 2 and 3rd sat would b port 3...make sure the input in the switch is the same as your port number..

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 314
The multi switch I use needs no settings for ports that is for diseq switches.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
So, what you are telling me is that I don't need to put no ports number for any of the diseqc settings or that you are not using a diseqc switch at all?????? I'm using a diseqc switch for satellites 110 and 119 right before the multiswitch.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2667
That is an incorrect statement. If you are using an SW switch which is used with Legacy LNB's you still need to set up the ports on the SW software if supported by the Receiver (which most new receivers now do). If you are using a DP switch then you need to set the ports as stated above in the DISEcQ Software in the Antena Setup in order for your STB to work properly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
My problem is that i am not getting all the channels although the signal strength is at 70-73. I thought it had something to do with the multiswitch. I had never used a multiswitch before.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Heeeellllpppp!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2746
Jayson: Most likely your problem is with the powering of the DP34 and the LNBs by your receiver. Adding a separate power supply (or an old DN receiver) would solve the problem.

http://www.microyal.com/dp-34a-instal-istrn.jpg

I might add that PRFRMNJ does not agree with me about this statement, and he is also a very knowledgable person.

Silver Member
Username: Antiscums

Millburn, NJ

Post Number: 103
listen you domb domb i give you some gum gum, how do you know this is his problem, let the human scanner do some copy & paste

Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 1
Jayson,
assuming you're NOT using dishpro and dp34:

You can't run connections like this, if that's what you're doing:
LNBs--diseqc--3x4--receivers

Legacy LNBs need both outputs (thus must be dual LNBs) going to multiswitch to get all channels so that both polarities are present. So you would need a 3x4 switch for each LNB and a diseqc for each receiver you are using. Connect two wires from each LNB to each 3x4, then outputs to each diseqc. If you only have 2 receivers, no need for multiswitch, just connect each LNB's outputs to diseqcs. Either way, set diseqc ports 1 and 2 according to their physical connection.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2749
Multiswith 3x4 implies 3 LNB input, 4 receiver output switch such as a DP34. Here are the specs on another Multiswitch 3x4. What I suggested was applying either a DN receiver to one of the 4 outputs (preferrably No. 1 output) or applying a separate power to it.
**-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **--
DMS INTERNATIONAL SAM 3401
Multiswitch 3 x 4 $14.99
Works with any satellite receiver that has 13/18 volt switching for polarity. This includes all FTA receivers, DSS receivers, and some analog receivers
Connect up to 4 Receivers . Dual LNB required. 2 LNB + 1 MATV inputs to 4 outputs for 4 satellite receivers. Matrix routes between any inputs to any outputs. Terrestial TV signal can be combined by single coaxial cable. Inputs selected by 14/18V from satellite RXs. Built-in I.F. amplification circuit compensates insertion loss.

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 2
No, 3x4 refers to the type you've c/p'ed there. It's NOT for 3 LNB's. The middle input is for cable, if you read it there, and the multiswitch can be used with ONE LNB. The 13/18v inputs are so that both polarities are present from 1 LNB. Output to 4 receivers.

Only Dishpro types can send both polarity down one cable at the same time. Thus dp34 switches have 3 inputs from 3 LNBs. Legacy multiswitches must have two inputs from each LNB.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Thanks guys........i'll try some of that things and let you know the outcome.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 2750
therepo : Thanks for correcting me.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9712
the terminology 3x4 is used because the switch has 3 inputs and 4 outputs..there are many variations of 3x4 switches...and specific LNB's (DP and legacy) have different needs when using 3x4 switches..and no 3x4 switch for 3 satellite LNB's will only cost $14...therepo is got it right..again nalin, needs to know what she's talking about, instead of c/p anything she finds..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2751
As LK has stated "there are many variations of 3x4 switches"
I do not want to get into an argument with therepo. Everybody here knows LK is a psychotic and will twist anything he wants to twist in his favour.
The cheaper Multiswitch 3x4 may not allow a third LNB - others allow up to 3 LNBs.

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 4
I'm not arguing with you you, Nalin.
It's always good to get terminology straight.

There are different 3 in--4 out switches, yes.
DP switches need only one input per LNB for a multiswitch. DP switchs are prefixed with "DP" (or DPP), as in DP34. The DP34 allows 4 receivers to choose from 3 LNB inputs via diseqc commands.

Otherwise, a 3x4 switch is used for 13/18v with ONE Legacy LNB. It allows up to 4 receivers access to either polarity. When someone speaks of a 3x4 switch, this is what they mean.

It's not a matter of cheaper vs. expensive multiswitches, whether 3 in--4 out will serve for 3 LNB or only one, it's a matter of the difference usages for DP technology vs. Legacy requirements. You cannot buy a 3x4 switch that will work for 3 Legacy LNBs, no matter how expensive it is.

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 285
C/P from CC has a trouble shooting section:
http://www.curious-contraptions*com/forums/showthread.php?t=56678 copy and paste to your browser and (change * to .)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9718
zulu..that link is no good..I'm a member also there and the link gets U logged into the site OK but then this..and yes I did the c/p with the . not the * ...

vBulletin Message
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 286
Search: 56676 at Curious-Contraptions dot com and the DP Manual Post comes up. I saved it. Thanks LK!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9720
A spaun or chietah multiswitch 22 hz is best for legacy LNB's..or daisy chain disque's..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2753
zulu: I had no problem getting into the site and saw the manual. I have downloaded it, but I think I already had it before from somewhere.
Thanks anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us