List problems you've had with LCD tv's.

Bronze Member
Username: God_11

Post Number: 13
I have a Samsung and i have Click/Poping issues and i notice some form on my tv it could be the liquid crystal that is forming when i play ps3 and when i watch tv. You can see it on black background.

Username: Dominus29

Post Number: 2
As to my post above, might it also be the power supply? Could the TV be detecting too high or too low a voltage? I heard that is shuts itself off this way as a safety feature... but when it does that, do the LED lights flash green still???

Username: Lardassdjm

San jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 3
I have a Sony 46" LCD TV model KDL46XBR2 that I purchased in November 2006. The TV sometimes goes dark and then powers off with the red light blinking on the front of the TV. Even after I unplug the set the red light continues to blink for about 10 seconds and then stops. I can then plug it back in and it will work good for a few weeks until it happens again...

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3480
The red light should blink a certain number of times to tell what's wrong.

Username: Lardassdjm

San jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 4
the red light was blinking 9 times. sony sent somebody out to replace a couple of boards and now the tv doesn't shut off but the picture flickers (getting darker and lighter). it's an intermittent problem though so i don't know when it will do it and when it won't.

Silver Member
Username: Skeeterhead

Post Number: 163
Dale, make certain you get it repaired while the warranty is still effective. Document your contacts with Sony and their responses (repair efforts and otherwise). This will definitley come in handy should a dispute arise.

Bronze Member
Username: Msvara

Post Number: 38
Hey Tony. Sorry for the late post but I also have a Samsung TV LCD and it makes a loud POP once in a while. I found out that it's the heat from the LCD that causes the plastic casing to warp. At a certain temp the plastic casing then flexes and makes that POP. I saw it happen! Wierd! Called Samsung they told me it's normal.

Username: Natton

Post Number: 1
Got Sharp Aquos LC-42D62U for about 10 months, a week ago I noticed a light gray vertical line in the very middle of the screen, no matter whatever input I switched it to, the line still there. Anyone has the same problem?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us