How to get my Dreambox 500s working

Bronze Member
Username: Mustang88

Post Number: 50
can someone please help me get my dreambox up working...I just bought this and not sure of which loader to use and which file...also..does this reciever take a card!!!!

Username: Gatekeeper

Post Number: 6
Ngrap setup "how to"

thanx to SeaWolf for posting this.

Since things have been quiet as of late figured I'd play with the DB and ngrab.
Here is a good simple how to C&P. This works and if u have problems it is either the wrong ip settings or firewall. Really helps if your German isn't that good er none.

here's how...

Download and install Ngrab on your PC (at [A href="http://www.dbox2.info/download.php?catid=5" target=_blank]http://www.dbox2.info/download.php?catid=5[/A])

On the PC
Run the Ngrab software
Right click on the program icon (in the windows tray)
Select Einstellungen
Then select dBox Einstellungen, enter IP address you have given to your Dreambox
Select "Dateisystem Einstellungen" and select directory where you want your recordings to go.

On the Dreambox
Select Menu, Expert Menu, Ngrab streaming setup
Enter IP address of your PC, press blue to detect your PCs network cad MAC address
Then save (green button)

Recording
To record from your Dreambox to the PC, on the Dreambox select "Start Ngrab". On the SF DreamBox firmware image you do this by pressing the yellow button, to call up the plugins menu, this may vary with different firemware images.

A message box will stay onscreen, this won't get recorded. Don't quit as this will stop it working.

At the PC end if you call up the NGrab main screen you should see data streaming across to your hard disk, showing that its recording.

To stop recording, select the "Stop NGrab recording" option. My Dreambox always restarts when I do this!

The advantage of using Ngrab is that it produces M2P files which can be imported into software like TMPEnc DVD Author and written directly to DVD without any framerate, resolution, or other changes!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us