Sony KDF-55WF655 Picture Suddenly Very Dim

Username: Davelindley

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony KDF-55WF655. Date code is Feb 2005 which is when I got it. The original I bought was defective but Sears quickly replaced it when the problems showed up two weeks after I got it home. Since then, I have enjoyed the heck out of this TV. This one has worked flawlessly until today. Suddenly, the picture is very dim. I increased the brightness to the max when I got home, but I think it's dimmed even more in the past hour. Is this the lamp going out? I've read through many threads here and see discussions on the lamp just quitting, but nothing on it dimming. I know I can get a replacement lamp for $160, but don't want to spend the money if it's not the lamp. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Username: Kaarina82

Post Number: 8
We noticed our picture dimming before the lamp went. At first it was very sublte and then became dimmer very quickly. We also noticed that it took longer for the picture to come on when we first turned the tv on. It sounds like your lamp is going. We had the Sony KFWE610.

Username: Davelindley

Post Number: 2
Thanks, Karen. Yeah, the lamp was going out. I got the flashing red light indicator Friday morning when I tried to turn the TV on. The lamp is shot and I've ordered another.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us