Where are the signals?!@#$%

Username: Sara1

Post Number: 1
Two months ago I bought a satellite receiver from a friend of mine (model MVIDEA FS4000). When the receiver was hooked to his TV he was able to get almost all Dishnetwork channels. Before going overseas, he showed me how to change keys, if needed, and where to get the keys. Well, a couple of weeks ago I installed and oriented the dish correctly (Dish 500, 2 LNB's). When I scan the channels (Dishnetwork) it always comes back saying that no channel could be found. I tried to change the keys, but it did not help. I spent several days going through the info in this forum, but it seems to me that I am the only one who has this receiver. The following is what I see on the screen when I click on Nagra2:

7.Dishnetwork 000001 00 2f 64 46 8b 3d f3 27 da
59 a3 31 51 f2 f2 24 34

8.Dishnetwork 000001 10 17 99 73 9f 04 b7 f0 2a
ad 02 51 13 67 5c be 4a

9.Dishnetwork 000101 00 2f 64 46 8b 3d f3 27 da
59 93 31 51 f2 f2 24 34

10.Dishnetwork000101 10 17 99 73 9f 04 b7 f0 2a
ad 02 51 13 67 5c be 4a

I have tried the keys: b8 46 82 2d 29 b6 25 87
8c b1 63 15 24 65 0d 8a

but no channel!!! When I scan, it comes back with 65% for the signal value and 0% for quality, and the message "no channel could be found". I am absolutely lost and I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.

Post Number: 2
I forgot to list the system information for the receiver. Here it is:

SW version s2.37.MW.142.401.0610B

HW version B1.07.H01.D0.SC0

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2720
http://www.dsstester*com
is the most likely site where you will find the forum discussion and files for your receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1734
Sara...

If you scan the channels and always get the message saying that "no channel could be found" that means your dish is not aligned properly, another thing that could be causing this is that your sat settings are not correct, check the settings for each sat specially the Diseqc input number, that should match to the Diseqc input that the cables coming from the LNB are plugged to.

Te message "no channel could be found" means that your receiver is not receiving any signal at all, and that could only be due to a mis-aligned dish or wrong settings, also could be due to a damaged Diseqc switch

Post Number: 3
Thank you so much for the info, Nikk. I will check again the alignment. There is this tree in my backyard, it may may be interfering with the signal. How do I distinguish between incorrect alignment and tree interference?
Regards.

Bronze Member
Username: Wes_w

Post Number: 23
Sara,

A couple of things to check. If your dish sais dp or dishpro on it do not use the disqc switch just hook the 119 side of the dish. Make sure to set the skew and elevation settings on the dish for your receiver. If you have a Charlie Receiver around, press menu 6 1 1 type in your zip code and it will tell you these settings, also there is a meter with sound put on 119 and turn up volume turn your dish untill you hear the pitch change, and peak to max signal, then change to 110 to get signal in as well.
As for telling if is tree or dish if you turn to echo 7 and echo 8,10 you should have some signal if is trees, if no signal is the dish setup.

Post Number: 4
Thank you Nick, Nalin for the ionformation. It was a problem of alignment. I purchased a digital satellite alignment tool and re-aligned the dish. Boy, was it out of alignment!!! No even close.
I do have another question. When I scan for channels using my MVIDIA receiver, do I just scan 119, 110, or both? If both, do I do this sequentially?
I am currently receiving PPV (only one), a channel called JANNE(?)(dirty stuff), and one Showtime channel, and about 30 channels which are blank. I am also receiving several regular channels, like Fox, WGN, ABC, etc, and these are duplicated (two more than channels have the same contents). No Cinamax, no HBO, no CNN, etc. In other words, nothing interesting. Is there some way of solving this problem?
I appreciate your help and thank you for your time.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2744
After a physical set up you have to make sure the switching is correct andthen scan bothe 119 and 110 separately.
If you do a blind scan and then look at what you have you will know which satellite you are scanning. One of the common alignment problems is a 9 degree shift.
If your dish is pointing to 119/128, you will get only 119W from the LNB where you were supposed to get 110W. If your dish is pointing to 101/110, you will get only 110W from the LNB where you were supposed to get 119W.
In the software you have to set 119W to Port 1 and 110W to Port 2. You are getting there - persevere.

Silver Member
Username: Antiscums

Millburn, NJ

Post Number: 106
pointing to 119/128, too many nubies. get different lnb holms, gold members know nothin

Post Number: 5
Thank you so much Nalin. You are wonderful!
I did set 119 to Port a and 110 to Port b. When I used a signal measuring device that can scan two signals at the same time. I noticed that if I try to maximize the signal from 119, the signal from 110 decreases a lot. Same thing happens to the signal from 119 if I try to maximize the signal from 110. Currently they are both at the 75%-80% quality level, with a signal strength about 65%. One last question (I hope!: how can I check if I am pointing to 119/110,110/128, or 101/110?

Again, thank you so much for your advices. I greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Sara

Bronze Member
Username: The_kid

Phartville, USA USA

Post Number: 71
shut up sara your a man

Post Number: 7
I don't get it. I try to point someone to the right information and I get this message. Go figure.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9789
sara...don't worry about it..."the kid" will be gone permanently from here..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us