The Count Down to end of FTA begins

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1162
- Excactly how long until N*agra-2 stops?
- Is it just DN or BEV as well?
- Is it Nagra3 or something else?
- Is there any FTA after death?
- What about HD FTA?
- Is there anything we can do?
- Is it for real D*TV cracked?

I don't know the answers to any of that
- Any clues we can look for?
LOTS OF CLUES

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1912
Good questions,If you go to my new site,for a fee I'll give you vip access to my crystal ball.

www.clonesareus.com

oh,sorry wasn't that ftalife ? that spammed us to death now thats there new site. lol

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1165
Scanner
Are you in the spamming business now?
ha ha

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1168
You guys still don't get it?
The end is near!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 85
so what the geeks will find a new way to hack....

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 548
If a year or so is near, then yes, i believe it is as well.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1127
There will have to be a card or equipment swap first, and that should take months to finish. If it ends today that's fine with me. There'll still be free radio stations! I have a 180 dollar ultra satellite radio receiver!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9556
The end is near!...Apocalypse Now ...starring Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando and King Tapeman....lol

Bronze Member
Username: Angelo921

Post Number: 51
IMO, I believe that there is more than 1 year left for FTA.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 433
^ and wht makes u say so?

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1170
Hawaiian
But You won't get p0rn on the radio
Start recording you favorit ones now
ha ha

I would have to say by September 2007 the'll start sending the new Nagra-3 cards (just a wild guess)

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1128
The horror...the horror........lol

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1129
What! you mean there's p0rn on satellite tv????? I just watch the educational channels! lol

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1130
Upload

The horror...

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 256
On September of 06 DN Put an 18 month freeze on most all expenditures primarily because of lawsuits pending which would mean it would take Nag 3 until March of 08 to exist. Also there is still a chance of a merger with DTV which is still in the brew.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1919
But,thats really a hostile takeover bid by dave.Dave will have no us sat compition,and be the conglamorit in the us.Dave doesn't need charlie,but if they take Charlie apart, selling or leasing there birds they will own the us sky's.Think the fcc and the compition act in the us will alowe this ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1920
And what about all the oustanding contracts with customers and the equipment purchased from charlie ?Guess they could honor them,then phase them out or a buyout/buy back scheme.lol

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 257
No, but it still hasn't been shot down yet...It is more likely that XM and Sirius will merge.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 259
Sat! You will just have to have your Old Lady move the beer fridge closer to the radio!! H_t can still listen the Yanks get thier azz pounded on his ultra sattelite radio. Life is GOOD!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1922
Zulu,sirus radio is for listening to "Howard 100"

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 261
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9N6f8mpDC0&NR=1

Cartiers Home!!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1131
Upload

DDUUUHHH...me not know if me take steriods.
Seasons not over yet!! lol

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1132
Upload

Nice shirt!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1926
Zulu,cool link,the vids just keep happening reguarding satelite there,

Gold Member

Post Number: 9559
satellite theft....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORXQyt7idJ0&NR=1

Bronze Member
Username: Srg200159

Post Number: 63
what is the best receiver to buy

Bronze Member
Username: Srg200159

Post Number: 64
what is the best fta receiver to buy

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1178
How much do yo wanna spend?

Advice
Don't spend much cuz FTA is coming to an end soon
Viewsat extreme or Ultra or magnum

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 366
C/P ....

It's almost official: Starting Feb. 18, 2009, millions of televisions in American households will go black unless they're outfitted to receive all-digital broadcasts.

ok i am not to sure what this all means but thought i would share the info with you all .. maybe you guys know what this mean ?

http://news.com.com/Digital+TV+switch+set+for+early+2009/2100-1028_3-6004429.htm l

Gold Member

Post Number: 9562
DSS - Digital Satellite System. Video standard used by Direct TV.

Doreen, thats old news..no biggie

Bronze Member
Username: Dirtystinkindemocrat

Post Number: 35
DN may fold...this is the latest

btw seems like they hardly make any key changes lately. Also Harry Reid,Nancy Pelosi,Hillary,Osama Obama etc etc are all POS

take er easy gents and lassies

Bronze Member
Username: Psychmonster

Chi town, Il USA

Post Number: 63
the world has been assaulted with dooms day naysayers, live one day at a time, and these predictions will not even mean a thing....I believe in our lord and programmers in that order and I am sure they will come to an equitable and fair understanding together which will enable all who believe to receive any signal which enters their (our) domain unannounced or unrequested and to use such signal at our discretion since I did not ask you in my home, or and if DN or Dir TV want to stop these radiations that make me want me to kill my grandmother late at night, they must compensate me (us), or leave us alone or we will sue !!
UploadUpload

Bronze Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 87
amen brother...

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1188
I'm starting to see indications for Galaxy-17
Perhaps to replace NIMIQ/82
This could be bad news to BEV PTA users

Don't get me wrong this can be just a simple satellite replacement since they got life time of 10 to 15 years in Space

But I do believe they are quite busy testing new transponders

Today DN can either use rainbow 61.5 or echo-st-3
1:1 equivalent/ redundant
I don't know what you can make out of this
Maybe I am paranoid like LK says

Gold Member

Post Number: 1940
Paranoia:contagious mental disorder,usually contracted after a short time at ecoustics.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 955

Hey King
I have no idea what you are smoking but you do come up with some good ones. Now let me ask you this.Where do you see indications for Galaxy 17 to replace Nimig 82?

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1190
All guesses and instincts
- Rainbow1 is to replace ech-st-3 on 61.5
- Anik F3 is to replace ech-st on 119
- I do think wild blue will replace 110
- 113 AMC16 is currently empty but will replace 118.75 which is still going

- Galaxy 17 was half way between AMC6 and Nimiq82
It is now 81 it used to be 80
- Galaxy 11 could be to replace Nimiq91

These satellites are moving for a reason
they did move relatively quickly and quietly.
I love to break their secrets

My instincts say something is cooking
I'm having fun anyway
What can I say "paranoia" and contagious
Don't get too close to me

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 839
All encryption processing, etc is done on the ird-side of things, not on the satellite itself. I would worry more about card upgrades than satellite swapping. What could they possibly be up to by swapping satellites?

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 372
http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Lockheed_Martin_Built_EchoStar_X_Satellite_Lau nched_Successfully.html

anyone know of this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9604
Doreen...old news...that was over a year ago...echo 10 replaced echo 6...remember the 110 sat use to be echo 8.6 , but then changed to echo 8.10...

Silver Member

Post Number: 956

Hey King
I will tell you what is cooking.
Your instincts are on the wrong track.
I don't know about the end of Free-to-Air
TV,but the rumors I hear, it could be the end
of the Dish. What ever goes down, I will say one thing, there always was FTA TV and always will be.Now the Rumors.
A) AT&T to takeover EchoStar.
B) Satellite signals carried over electric power lines.This should work,the voltage on power lines are 60 hertz, TV Audio & Video are carried on much higher frequencies.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9608
DIRECTV May Test BPL

The country's largest satellite TV provider may be sitting on a plan to test delivering high-speed internet service in a largely untested way. Ask DIRECTV executives how the company plans to compete with cable's triple play of services, and the answer may come as broadband over powerlines - or BPL.

CEO Chase Carey told attendees at the Reuters Global Technology, Media and Telecoms Summit in New York on Monday that DIRECTV may test drive BPL services in a major U.S. city as soon as next year. According to reports, the exec said DIRECTV is talking with companies that specialize in providing broadband via electrical lines, and the satellite company is not alone.

"We're not the only ones talking to them. I think you'll see some meaningful tests in this arena," Carey said. DIRECTV may be getting close to testing the BPL serive in a "top 50 city where you're covering at least half the city."

The DIRECTV head said the company has looked into Wi-MAX for the delivery of internet services. Carey also said a potential partnership with rival EchoStar on a broadband strategy was still being tossed around, as were talks with other companies to bring new broadband options to subscribers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1950
Ok, here's my question then,If they succeed in developing broadband through power lines,that renders sattellite obsolete,because tv then can be delivered the same way.Also,they then will have to work parnership deals with the power companys,using there lines.And when there's a connection problem,who do u call? The electrician or dn. Broadband through 500,000 volt lines ...YES !Anything is possible .Bev already owns the cell,sat,and broadband dsl,and tv networks,and newspapers, in Canada. Wait, they own Canada.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1193
Reno
What power lines measured in Hertz are U talking about???
Power is measured in Watts
Voltage is measured in Volts
Frequency is in Hertz

Are you talking about Verizon Utility lines carrying FIOS. That is not news they use DTV satellites retransmitting over Broadband FIOS to compete with Cable companies for over a year.

You can get Phone/Internet/Digital TV for $95 via FIOS NY/NJ/CT/PA been getting it for over a year. You can pick all 3 services with DTV dish instead of Utility TV. My cousine has it he tells me it sucks.

None of that has any effect over current Satellites. It is still dominating over cable in North and South America.

I do believe AT&T taking over echo star space satellites as it was originally owned by AT&T in 1990 before echo star.

This could be the third competition to use Cingular wireless and microwave towers to compete with Cable and Verizon for all 3 services using a different approach.

In this case DN is in big trouble
This could be why they are looking for a way out to merge with DTV.

In either case FTA will come to an end sooner than later.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1952
Well,then the attention turns to dave,or starchoice and dn and bev.we'll get back in on one provider.

Silver Member

Post Number: 959

Hey King
I am talking about the electric power company that supplies electric to your home.
which is 120/240 Volt and the frequency is 60 Hertz. I am not talking about the Ohm's Law.
Any electrical equipment that requires 120 Volt
or more operate on 60 Hertz, even your FTA Satellite receiver. Check it out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1960
AC = alternating current,freq:measured in cycles per second. in NA its 60cps/hertz.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1961
And also hase phases too,most homes single phase and industrial is 3 phase,same as your car /motorbike/outbord motors etc alternators.then converted to dc power by diodes or rectifier ,then to a voltage regulator to regulate the to the required voltage.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1195
Electrical Utility cables can not be used for video. They can use Utility towers by transmitting microwaves every 25 miles just like cell phones. 60 hz can't be used as bandwidth carrier. The higher the frequency the more you can fit digital channels, more bandwidth. It is like time share.

You can't flush a toilet with 900 MHz now days
1 or 2 GHz at least.
And even if they do use electrical cables, they'll get interference like crazy.
IT HAS TO BE COAXIAL CABLE OR FIBER OPTIC CABLE.

There is a new grade of coaxial that many cable companies started to use I don't know its brand it is as hard as electrical cables but is coaxial.

Silver Member

Post Number: 840
Also, power lines, because of their large cross-section (thickness), suffer from the skin effect. This means that at higher frequences (needed to carry more bandwidth) the waves/charges move to the outer part of the wire. So, only the surface of the wire is used to carry the data, which can result in a high resistance/impedance.

Coax does not suffer from the skin effect as the conductor is much smaller than a power line, and so it's less lossy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1964
I have a cordless phone that uses the elecrical outet as a phone line,can put it in any room without a phone jack,uses the wires in the outlet.Now to advance this technology is there next step.I think it's like putting tv through phone lines same as internet.Will need some kind of converter box .And will never surpace fiber optic or microwave,but time will time ,were it leads too.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1196
That is different scanner

Electromagnetic wave interference can be a huge enemy to any type of telecomunication. Fiber optic got no grounding problems and data travel at the speed of light. best method for telecomunications after satellites it is converting back to electrical signal that requires grounding.

But just think about it. Passing signal thru electrical wires require superior grounding and shielding because it travel at speed of electrons which is 10 times slower than the speed of light. electrons you need both positive and negative. Light is different either Beam using air medium or fiber optic medium. Single polarity.

Bottom line these are the choices:
- Satellite laser beam
- Microwave signal
- Fiber optic cables
- Coaxial cables

No power lines take my word.

Silver Member

Post Number: 842
Plus, having higher-freq communications running over electrical lines (e.g. home 120V, 60Hz) makes the communications susceptible to interference from harmonics (produced by motors, switching power supplies, dimmer switches, etc...).

Silver Member

Post Number: 961

Hey King
Did you read what LK posted about?
Why don't you call the CEO of DirecTV?
Tell him what you are telling us, they will be wasting their money, it will not work thru power lines.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1197
Yes
That's how I responded
Electromagnetic fields are everywhere
As long as they find a way to shield it from interference.

- Positive electrode must be shielded
- Negative electrode for return

If they use 110 volts they can use EARTH as common ground for return. If so; all they have to do is shielding only positive electrode. It is due-able but utilizing 1/10th of the bandwidth over fiber optic. 90% less bandwidth.

DTV is already supplying Verizon with FIOS programs unless if they plan to ditch them and team up with AT&T which I highly doubt.

As much as satellite is #1 for TV and fiber optic#2 best media it is the other 2 services phone and internet the need for electrical wires for a 2 way communications to avoid transmitters from earth back to satellites.

Dual frequency 60Hz plus 1GHz
99% Failure if they go that route
Fiber optic and microwaves is how to
Maybe that is already taken by top 2 players and looking for a third competition.

Yes Jason
They'll find interference in major cities like they won't believe it and the higher the frequency the more problems. Maybe it is a B.S. bluff card

I'm an ex-Bell Labs from 1980's
I am available for consulting

Guys this is just a chat
Feel free to say anything yo want
We are not publishing this by any mean.

I still think end of FTA is near. It is important to be prepared
King

Gold Member

Post Number: 9622
FTA will NEVER die..maybe hacking satellite providers such as DN and Bev will someday die, but not true FTA...its the main and ONLY source of TV in many countries..and we will always have "in the clear" channels here..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1968
Yeah,but none worth having.When hacked fta dies,I'll give up my sat and go cable.Just to spite bev.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9625
Cable is hacked everywhere...or satellite sub sharing is another option...IF U just want to save a few bucks...

If U are into this for the hobby, then FTA will always be around...

and if Bev subbing is that bad, then blow them off now and use another (starchoice, or a US provider and share)..

Silver Member

Post Number: 962

Hey King
I am back,just like you today, there is not much
going on but Bullshit.
You are saying to be prepard, for what?
Like your boss LK said, there will always be FTA TV. Even hacking dies, which I don't think so,
too much money in that business, just like Drugs.
(men makes, men breaks)
Since the month of March you have be telling us
that end of FTA TV is near, hell, is it fair to say that is your opinion?

BTW you know what they say about opinion?
They are like assh0les, everyone has one.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1198
I AGREE
I should of said PTA not FTA (yo know what I meant)

There will always be Free locals by antennas and the clear un-encrypted FTA.

Premium channels is a cat and mouse game
Back to 1990's when they used to mount a PAL chip to get premium and PPVs. They changed to Power Vue is the toughest hack to break and could be the next salvation to PTA. If they do break it yo won't get all channels like DN and BEV. Maybe few random here and there stations

Even sharing slowly will be phased out

The way I see it if there is PTA it will only be thru C-band after they secure all Ku-band. So yo can get what local Cable stations get using a BUD.

Until that happens, sit back and enjoy the moment.
These are the good old days.

Bronze Member
Username: Dirtystinkindemocrat

Post Number: 36
Word on the street is that Direct tv will be once again available with the use of the old football HU cards. I got this from another site,sounds very credible!!!!

I am digging out my old RCA direct tv receivers and dusting off the old red dragon... SHOULD BE FUN, I CAN HARDLY WAIT

Gold Member

Post Number: 9631
I wish that were true, I'd be golden...lol

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1199
Nothing unbreakable LK be patient
The biggest problem finding FTA receivers for those stupid non-MPEG QPSK that DTV uses. Burning those plastic cards is a pain in the Azz. They don't broadcast even one channel in 8PSK MPEG-4, they are so slick, they are fully aware of what they'll face in PTA down the road.

Gold Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 1062
Where there is a will there is a way, but dish is now getting people to prison time accusing them not of cracking but leaking Dish information on every ECM, something like what happened with DTV. One thing is for sure without people debuting themselves for this, with whatever reason they may have we'll end with no more TV.

Fuck I've just bough a Coolsat 8000hd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us