Dish 1000 install question

Username: Dijan

South Boston, Ma USA

Post Number: 3
I am feeding just 1 receiver and have an Expressvu dish for aimed at 82 and 91. I'm using a disecq switch and everything works great.
Now I got my hands on a Dish 1000 with a DP+ and a DP lnb on it.
From my location I can't "see" the 129 sat because of a high rise and only want to use the 119 and 110 sats. Do I have to use a DP44 switch or can I still use just the disecq switch? I only want to feed 1 receiver.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 110 and 119 have to go into 1 and 2 on the disecq. the bev stuff can go on the 3 and 4?
Now, to complicate things, how would I feed the same receiver if I added another dish for 61.5, if I have all the ports taken on the switch?
Thanks

South Boston, Ma USA

Post Number: 4
I'm using C*****t 5000 right now, but plan to change to Sonicview 8000 w/ module soon if this makes any difference to post above.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2609
Dianne Matta : You live in South Boston. With the installation you have/are planning and the costs involved, you should spend about $50 and get a professional or very knowledgable FTA person come to your place and install everything.
At first thought, it seems you should have a motorised dish to support the 110/119 and 82/91 combination on one Dish, and a separate 61.5 dish, thus using only three switch positions. This is meant to be a general statement - let the installer do the needful.

South Boston, Ma USA

Post Number: 5
nalin nyda,
why would I need a separate dish for 61.5 if I had a motorized system?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9382
Southie..stay off 128 and visit the Sox often (Rt9 thru Brookine, past BC, which I'm sure u know..)....and in your area, there is NO installer coming for $50, lol..and thats true anywhere in US...hell they get $75 just to come to the house BEFORE they even look at the situation...nalin is not knowledgeable, and obviously never paid someone to install anything, nor did it herself....

I suggest U stay away from DP Plus LNB's , u will need another DN receiver or power inverter ...they are NOT FTA user friendly...U have the right idea, but use DP Twin LNB's for 82-91 and just use a disque switch, BUT 82W is not all that good for channels..I would forget 82 and just use your LNB for the 61.5 (not many channels either, but international, if U like that)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9383
Correction.... I would add realign my LNB's for 110-119 and use 3rd LNB for 91...and forget about 82 and 61.5 (unless u are foreign and like the very few international channels on 61.5)...and 91W Bev is no prize either unless into po*rn, and 82w is just horrible unless u like french speaking....110-119 are best and most channels of all sats..

South Boston, Ma USA

Post Number: 6
LK,
the only reason for 61.5 is for the hidef content, I don't need any foreign shite. I just got a 8psk module and plan on a Sonicview 8000 or a HTPC and Genpix combo.
I have a hi-rise blocking 129, so I'll go with 61.5.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2613
Dianne Matta : You asked
"why would I need a separate dish for 61.5 if I had a motorized system?"

I have used motorised dishes. When you are changing channels, the longer the travel, the longer it takes. You had already budgeted in your mind for two dishes at least, and you main concern was how to get 5 satellites through 1 switch. Based on that prime requriement and the fact that you already had a 82/91 LNB, I suggested that a "FTA installer" MIGHT consider using the one 9 degree separation of BEV and use it as well for DN 110/119. The suggestion was therefore based on your peculiar current setup and percieved needs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9398
WTF....LMAO.

South Boston, Ma USA

Post Number: 7
peculiar current setup?? 82 and 91 dish is peculiar?
What are u talking about???

Gold Member

Post Number: 9401
LMAO...Southie, ignore nalin...she's a wacko....has no clue about anything but likes to talk...LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 2614
Dianne Matta: I regret you have to make stupid statement. First of all, not too many people want to scan 82/91 and 110/119. Then you said you wanted to add 61.5 as well to your setup. Then you made a statement that you did not want 61.5 for internationals. You question and needs were particularly peculiar from most of the posts and help requests here. And that conceited LK knows well that it is an unsual request.
If you can't expect that your configuration and questions were not peculiar then why did you ask - why don't you just connect and see for yourself?
I have made a specific suggestion that you should get outside help. Based on your reaction, I will confirm that you do not have enough experience and know how to DIY.
Let us see if LK wants to help you. He has hinted that he is coming soon to "marthas vineyard" to hobnob with the rich, so he will be able to come and install it all for you.
Good day and best of luck.

South Boston, Ma USA

Post Number: 8
nalin,
see under my name "new member"!!! Looking for a little help, that's all.
just starting out testing. I don't have 2600 posts experience like yourself.
Key word in my postings is want, not have this peculiar setup.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2616
Dianne Matta: You have a baseline setup active now with 82/91W. By simply adding a motor to the Dish you can get 110/119 - no further dish or adjustment needed. Just scanning. THEREFORE, it is best to proceeed that way.
If you also want to add 61.5W, then after doing above, you can have a separate Dish with 61.5 or continue scanning 61.5 with motorised Dish. You will probably encounter problems using one dish only and you will get problems if you add DPP into the system. That is why I recommended using an expereinced installer.
There are many other options such as using a 36" dish with 4 LNBs, etc. etc., which you can discuss with the installer. Boston has FTA dealers and you can talk with them for free till you decide.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9409
WTF...wow, is this NOT true!...some very WRONG statements here..but typical of nalin..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2617
LK: Get off this thread. You are not making any statements that would benefit this person.
Get it through your thick head that people like me who live in a big city and have continuous access to FTA dealers and installer are in a far better knowledge state than your antiquated FTA knowledge of forums of bygone days.
SO, SHUP UP. It is quite obvious that YOU do not have an answer to this person's questions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us