Boxing : punishement did not fit the the crime

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 491
all the show and bla bla bla to generate million of dollars to the office and boxer in their pockets . and again the fans pay like idiots.
i love mayweather but the way how he won was not the way should be . it was like sparing fight in training camp .

they make poeple as joke: 23 millions dollars for delahoya . what for?? what did he do ?
and 10 million for mayweather ?

they made a fool of the rest of the poeple who spend their money . well as always

and dont talk about rematch. it's like the first time they fuckkkkk you without vselina . and the rematch it's like they use vaselina. so you are fuckkkked up both ways.

Username: Nclrez

Post Number: 1
in the fight I saw, De La Hoya was the winner- like 116-112 or so ..NO WAY Mayweather won that fight..
Who saw the same fight I was looking at??

Bronze Member
Username: Tankbukkake

Post Number: 17
Damn, i even felt robed. Imagine how the Dn people felt.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 492
jeffrey . there is no way de la hoya won the fight. there is no mistake that mayweather won . out of question and he should win by unanimous decison not split.
you got to see it from professionel point of boxing and scoring , and not from the fan screems.
but i was pissed at mayweather not doing what he was supposed to do . tko.
it was just defensive game more than show for the fans.

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 268
All of the sports writers....plus the associated press had Mayweather winning. Mayweather had the most punches connecting and Delahoya had the most missing their mark. The way I saw it Floyd won...but not by much. Had Delahoya not abandoned his jab which was working well in the beginning the outcome may have been different. When asked why the one judge saw it for Delahoya Mayweather said....hey..I was fighting the Golden Boy and Golden Boy promotions was promoting the fight. I tend to agree. I had a feeling it was going to be a split decision either way even before they announced the decision.

Gold Member
Username: Juancho

PENJAMO, EL CUBILETE MOY

Post Number: 1005
if you would pay for it;wthat could be your opinion?,

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 932

Hey Guys
Stop your crying, it didn't cost you a dime.
This was a FREE-BE.
Only the people that paid are allow to cry.

Bronze Member
Username: Hemanjoyman

Post Number: 33
Well, the way I see it, De La Hoya, should have won the fight. He was the one pressing the fight and connected the better punches...sure Mayweather got in some good shots, but most of his shots were that pitty pat crap he always does. Even Mayweather's dad thinks De La Hoya won.

I've never really been a big fan of De La Hoya, and definitely not a fan of Mayweather at all, but the outcome of the fight was as I expected, a boring fight, where the fighter that won shouldn't have. Mayweather's boxing style is horrible, if you can call it boxing at all. The Pernell Whitakers, Mayweathers, etc. make for boring fights because all they do is throw a punch here or there, sometimes two and then run away....the sport is called boxing, not track and field boxing. I still can't believe he has that many knockouts when he really doesn't have much punching power. I think it's just because his opponents get tired and bored of chasing him around because he is not willing to fight that he catches them by surprise.

Good thing he is retiring, now he won't have to fight all those other good fighters in the Super-Welter Weight division who are in their prime.

Anyway, Mayweahter claims De La Hoya never beat anybody in their prime....who has Mayweather beaten that was in their prime....for that matter, who has Mayweather beaten that was really a great boxer.....no one. De La Hoya definitely is not in his prime, and hasn't been for a while.

Anyway, I will just stop my ranting now, it's just that boxing has disappointed me once again.

And, Mayweather is not the best pound for pound boxer, and shouldn't even be considered so. A better candidate for the distinction is Manny Pacquiao, a real fighter.

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 171
I had Mayweather winning by 2 points. DLH 'lost' the fight when he stopped using his jab in rounds 9, 10 & 11. Everyone spoke about DLH running out of gas, and the fact is, he did slow down in last quarter of the fight - I had it dead even at the end of round 8. Mayweather won rounds 9, 10 & 11, while round 12 was a close one that I gave to DLH.

A rematch will be the same and I actually think that financially speaking a rematch will be a HUGE flop. The # of PPV buys will not break a million and tickets wont sell out like the 1st fight.

I'd like to see Mayweather step up to middleweight now. Former lightweights like Ray Leonard did it successfully, so if Mayweather really wants to be remembered as an all-time great then he needs to step up against the best at middle and super-middle. Can you imagine Mayweather fighting Jermaine Taylor and Joe Calzage? In hindsight, it actually shows just how talented Ray Leonard was, especially when you consider how great Marvin Hagler was.

Mayweather is good but not great in a historical context. DLH simply never had the energy to close the show on the scorecards in the last quarter - Taylor and Joe Calzage would wear Mayweather down and stop him.

Mayweather had the nerve to say that he would have beat Ray Leonard in his prime!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us