Attention Viewsat Ultra Users!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ftanl

Post Number: 16
I loaded a new bin & now I'm missing a lot of PPV & XXX channels on B3V.
Did anyone else download the latest fix ending in 421U?? If so, did you have any problems??

Does this fix even match what you have?? Viewat Ultra

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 488
i think u r under crack

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
& exactly what does that mean?? As usual Cartier1 your offering up the best & most professional advise around. A++

Bronze Member
Username: Lbinny1

Post Number: 37
I just bought a viewsat ultra and loaded the new bin, but it says "noch" on the front of the box. i put in the following antenna settings:
echostar 7
lnb power: on
type: ocs-dp
freq: 11250
22khz: off
tp freq: 11224 (i think - its automatic)
serach: all
diseqc: port 2
motor: off
legacy sw: none

echostar 8 - same, but port 1
nimiq 1 - standard instead of osc-dp and port 3

are my settings wrong? i cant get any signal or quality.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1119
Lori are you sure you have the right cables going into the right jacks on your ultra? Try rechecking your connections.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9346
Suggest u put Echo 7/119 on port#1 and Echo 8.10/110 ON #2...and Bev/nimiq on #3 0r #4...thats how it should be cabled/wired too (exept the twin only needs 1 cable into port #1)

BTW I presume U have 2 dishes...a Dish 500 TWIN Dish pro (DP) LNB for the 110-119, and a another dish with a dual standard LNB for Bev..and both dishes connected to a disque switch

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
FTANL . listen buddy . after you inject the fix . alwayssssssssssssss go to your anthenna configuration make sure it much what you have as set up . and do only auto scan never blind scan .
and you will be set .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
"FTANL . listen buddy . after you inject the fix . alwayssssssssssssss go to your anthenna configuration make sure it much what you have as set up . and do only auto scan never blind scan .
and you will be set ."

Thanks again Cartier1 for the info. However, I've tried every possible step process & I keep getting the same result.

The TPS for the PPV & XXX are simply not there or have no signal when I scanning. I hooked up the other receiver & they're there. This problem receiver will not pick them up in any sort of scan.

I have my antenna set for nimiq 1,3 and it pops up when I scroll through the different sats in set up. Even if I choose Echostar7 etc.. it pops up as having found Nimiq 1,3.

If I were using a different dish for PPV & XXX on the receiver that works I could see a potential problem, but I'm not. The same SAT I'm locked on to (Nimiq1,3) provides me with all the PPV & XXX cahnnels I need. About 30 PPV & 11 to 12 XXX.

The main problem is getting a signal on the bad receiver for the TP that hold these channels. Configuration must be the problem, but unless it's deep within the Ultra setup I can't seem to find it.

Anymore suggestions

Bronze Member
Username: Lbinny1

Post Number: 38
It worked under those settings for the last box, but then that box got fried (or at least I think so since it was stuck on "inst" and then just shut off and won't turn back on). So, now I bought the ultra with hopes of better tv viewing, but alas there is no signal.

However, prior to the old box getting fried, it couldnt get signal for whatever reason anymore (it was working beautifully for 1yr +). I did the factory default and all that and it didn't help. Then it just died.

Any suggestions? Am I making sense?

Silver Member

Post Number: 493
Lori do you think is good to do what you just did???? ftanl ask question and you came and you hijack his thread. that means you say to ftanl fuckkkk youuu . this how i see it. now everyone will answer yours and not his . it's not fair. open your own thread and im sure you will be helped.

ftanl: plz just do this and get back to me .
1st : go reflash your receiver with the factory bin using serial cable and not usb . then reflash with usb or the cable using the bin dated 07-21-04u make sure it's for ultra and from totalfta the viewsat site.
and then make sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee of the switch numbers you assign to each sat .the lnb's type . and there is no way you have the problem .
ps: dont dont use blind scan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Thanks cartier1

Should I load the latest bin 07/02/05 or do you think the new bin is creating the problem?

A++
FTANL

Silver Member

Post Number: 494
dont use the latest for now . it's has to do most with the epg . i still did not try it . but some poepel clain some problems . so the 21 bin good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Sounds like good advise. I never had any major problems on this unit until I downloaded the new bin.

I never updated the other receiver & it's working fine. I think I already loaded the older bin like you were suggesting above, but it still never worked. I never tried the update with the cable. Will do so now.. Hope it works, if it does the unit must be pretty touchy when it comes to updates.

Thanks again A+
FTANL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Hi cartier1, I did the following:

Factory Default
Serial Download of V0119ULTRA-VIEWSAT
Tried uploading PFTAUSW-070421U.PGM via Cable & it wouldn't upload.

Downloaded with USB & done an auto scan & still no XXX or PPV.

I did download the 119 sat file once before (V0119ULTRA-VIEWSAT) & I received all the channels in my channel list, but the same channels wouldn't work. (PPV & XXX)

I must be downloading the files in the wrong order/factory defaulting when I shouldn't/getting the files downloaded in the right order, but doing something else to mess things up.

The 119 file won't work anymore. I download it & the systems reboots itself(Suppose to turn back on, but only stays in stanby) Power is there, but I need to hit the on button on the front to get menu.

I'm out to lunch on this.. Is there a 1-2-3 step process for FTA dummies I can follow? I mean really simple, so I can confirm just how stupid I really am?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9392
http://totalfta.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Hi LK, Got me back on the tit I see.LOL

I've looked around & done a few searches. I know I seen the process for cloning a Viewsat to Viewsat, but can't seem to find it again.

Do you know the process or where I can find the info? Thanks again A++
FTANL

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
dont use 119 file is a garbage . use 124.
flash factory 124---- fallow with 21u bin u can use usb in both . and scan make sure of ur configuration .
i wanna ask u a question i dont think u are pointing to the right sat .you must be doing something wrong .

if u wanna read more go to the site LK gave u .thats where u can find everything about ultra

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Hi cartier1, Thanks again. I checked around for factory file 124---- & couldn't find the download. I'm still looking, but while I was searching I read on totalfta that there is no authorized north american factory bin 124.It isn't mentioned or available on the official viewsat website viewsatusa.com. it has been reported to be a european or asian bin file.

I know many of the bin files are perhaps not authorized files, but should I put much stock in his info? You suggest I find it & he's saying it's no good.

Man I'm dumb

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I'm currently set up for Nimiq1,3 & my antenna configuration is:

Nimiq 1,3
type: Standard
22khz: on (9750)
tp freq: 11239
diseqc: None

Gold Member

Post Number: 9393
dude...I linked you (above) to everything U just asked for...FTA for dummies....setup guides...files...manuals...troubleshooting tips...etc...BUT U don't take the time to even look, nevermind read it...U just ask redundant questions again, don't bother to read or check out the replies, even when spoon fed...nobody is going to bother with you anymore..its a waste of time for everyone to try and help cause u don't bother to read the help and replies.!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Hi LK, I checked out the link you posted & I've looked every where for the info I need. I got some of it, but not everything.

It would help if someone could post the full name on the files instead of partial letters that I have to decypher. Anyway.. I'll march on and find out the hard way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9395
File names are just the date with a letter or a few..obviously u don't even know that!

for example...

VS Ultra 07-05-02 Release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The continued support from Viewsat can't be beat. There strive to improve an already #1 product just can't get any better. With the addition of bevs new EPG info TP your sure to always have a full EPG as well as giving you more control on how that EPG is displayed.

=================================
Release VS ULTRA Note
=================================

------------------------------
PFTAUSW-070502U ...the U = Ultra..070502 = 2007, May, 2nd ...or 2 May 2007 file for the Ultra
------------------------------
* Versions
- Release Date : 2007.05.02
- Main software : PFTAUSW-070502U
- Boot Ver : 0.0E

* Change
(Main software upgrade)
- EPG TP Changed (BEV - 12311)
- Reservation Notice On/Off Option
- Add EPG Satellite
- Bug Fixed when BV EPG receiving
- You can change EPG Guide Lines(4~7 lines).
- After EPG Find you can search with theme again.
- MP3 Previous/Next

http://totalfta.com/showthread.php?t=51910

Attached Files
PFTAUSW-070502U.zip (1.12 MB, 3805 views)

BTW....U need to learn how to read and use a forums!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Hey LK, There is no need to get a huffy & puffy with me. I know where to get the main software downloads from. I know what the numbers & letters in "THAT FILE" stand for,

Your reply is a little confusing.

Versions
- Release Date : 2007.05.02
- Main software : PFTAUSW-070502U
- Boot Ver : 0.0E

* Change
(Main software upgrade)
- EPG TP Changed (BEV - 12311)
- Reservation Notice On/Off Option
- Add EPG Satellite
- Bug Fixed when BV EPG receiving
- You can change EPG Guide Lines(4~7 lines).
- After EPG Find you can search with theme again.
- MP3 Previous/Next

I need a factory Satinfo file for the Viewsat Ultra. Is the file the same as the Viewsat Extreme? Everywhere I look people refer to all Viewsats as simply viewsats. Most cases they don't say in the thread if it's a Extreme or Ultra or lite etc.. I don't want to download a file to will mess up my receiver anymore than it already is.

2 SIMPLE QUESTIONS

(1) If I have a Viewsat Ultra that works fine, can I clone that receiver to the one thats not working? I know it;s possible, but how? step by step process.

(2) Is the satinfo files the same for Extreme as Ultra? If not, do you know exactly where to find a thread that gives those files for Viewsat Ultra? I'm NEW & understanding what files are what is very important. I can't find any sat info files for Ultra. I found step by step processes for the Extreme, but not Ultra.

All I need is a direct link for the Viewsat Ultra files.. Sat files, factory files, etc... And for the record I have looked. I've spent about a week researching & trying things out with no luck.

Now that I have the proper procedure as outlined above by Cartier1 (flash factory 124---- fallow with 21u bin u can use usb in both . and scan make sure of ur configuration .)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9397
I gave U the link for EXACTLY what U are asking!...and u don't need satinfo files!...the above link has EVERY Viewsat Ultra file!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Thanks LK, I think I found what I'm looking for. I extracted factory file v1.24 or 124 and will give it a try. All I should have to do is load this file (I believe there are 3 files within this file) Chaninfo.cha,satinfo.sat,& mainpg.pgm

Once these are uploaded all I have to do is load the latest fix & e on my way.

Most of the info was in the (stickys)?? I'm still not 110% positive I'll get it right, but I hope I'm on the right track. Thanks

FTANL

Silver Member

Post Number: 499
i dont understand why you have diseqc : off . to begin with . look at your switch and what number u r assigned for nimiq.

i was right when i say you were under crack the first time you posted.
you had all the help you needed .

thread is closed bye bye .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
This is obviously a problem no one has encountered yet besides me. I've looked at every angle. I might not be up on the terms, but I have fooled around with this thing enought to know what I'm doing when I'm setting things up.

My latest trial was a transfer of files from my good VS Ultra to my bad one. Step by step I followed the setup & everything appeared to be looking good. Finally I have this thing beat..not the case.

I checked everything on the good receiver including antenna setup. My S=92 & Q=78 using the following setup.

Nimiq 1,3
type: Standard
22khz: 9750
tp freq: 11224
diseqc: None

I used the same antenna setup for the bad receiver & was getting no Q at all on 12224. I tried 12239 and got S=82 Q=65. If both receivers are a clone of each other shouldn't they both get the same Q & S ??

Good receiver 12224 S&Q is perfect
Bad receiver 12224 S is there but no quality.
Both receivers were also hooked up at seperates times in the exact same location. puzzles me & finding the info I need for this problem is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Silver Member

Post Number: 500
u talk too mch and waste your time .
there is no bad receiver. if anything is bad is you .
do u understand that 2 box can have different configuration.
do u understand what configuration is ?
tell me what kind of switch r u using ? answer me

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1889
cartier,eat crap,spew crap,you are crap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I'm not uing a switch. I unhooked everything & only have 1 sat wire running from dish to receiver (or should I say experiment room) You obviously know very little about my problem cartier1, because if you did my problem would be fixed & there would be no need for your personal attacks.

I know what configuration is. I have 4 other receivers besides the "bad one" they all work perfect & I set them up "all by myself" folowing instructions for "out of box setup".

I've double checked every "configuration" comparing the 2 VS Ultra's & I seen no difference between the 2 with exception to the S&Q. It's quite abvious that the first thing to do would be to check my antenna configuration/connection to receiver. That's all I should have to check considering the other receiver works fine.

I'm not trying to waste anyones time. I'm not trying to pretend I'm an FTA guru. I'm simply trying to gather possible answers to what is causing this problem.

If you don't have any encouraging info to post hit the back button & stop wasting my time & web space on useless post.

Silver Member

Post Number: 502
i guess you are right i know nothing about your problem . and i dont wanna know nothing about it . and dont mention my name anymore .so long

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
You don't know anything about it. and I don't wanna learn from ignorant @ss like you cartier1.

As I stated before. Some manners & common decency for Newbies should always be in order.

I'll give you an E for effort. Thanks for all your kind post & really informative lectures.

Silver Member

Post Number: 504
fuckkkk offffffffffffffff looser give E TO YOUR MOM .AND GET THE FUCKKKKKKKKK OUT .

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1890
Ftanl,ecuse cartier,he is sick twisted mother fu#ker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Thanks SatScanner for backing my beliefs up. I thought it was just me for a sec. I know I probly asked a lot of stupid questions, but I'm more of a hands on guy VS book smart. I usually trash instructions that come with an entertainment unit..AKA Tim The Tool Man Taylor lol

I've been trying to use their suggestions & never trashed the instructions this time, but still no luck. Some people are saying you don't need this file others are saying you do. Make no wonder I posted the same crap over and over...

Thanks again A+
FTANL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
I think I found out what the problem is from another member. I never noticed it before, but the auto scan is only locking on channels in the H polorization. Vertical is failing because the receiver is suppose to switch freq for H & V TP's Apparently I need a new Tip42c or something.

If it works for the H is there a way to get it working for the V without getting a new part?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us