The Big Fight Saturday Night

Bronze Member
Username: Vivid

Post Number: 74
Hello There

Just wanted to start a thread where we might give a quick thought to the fight tomorrow night. Here's my take!

Oscar De La Hoya Wins by KO Under (7) Rounds

Everyone enjoy the fight.

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 255
Oscar De La Hoya decision I think it goes the distance but three knockdowns two by oscar one by mayweather

Bronze Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 30
Mayweather by TKO in the 9th

Bronze Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 22
DN will change keys in the first round

just kidding....(I hope so)

Mayweather gets unanimous decision......

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9315
Oscar by decision...

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 169
Don't be surprised if DN tries something before the fight - it's a big PPV event.
Some newspapers are saying that the number of PPV buys could push close to 2 million (at $55 each).

It might not be a superbowl TV audience, but there is a lot of money on the table and just the type of PPV event that DN would target.

As for the fight, I expect a rather tactical (aka boring) fight. Mayweather will be unwilling to trade early on and will fight a 'safety first' approach doing just enough to edge most rounds. As DLH tires in the later rounds, Mayweather will trade more - making himself look to be unafraid to fight... by that stage DLH will become defensive and try to keep the distance.
Mayweather by decision - by about 3 or 4 points.

For DLH to win, he would have to change styles and force the fight early on; he'd have to drop his defence, rush in and be willing to take 2 or 3 punches to land 1. He would need to rough up Mayweather and FORCE him to fight; and DLH would have to lose the fear of running out of gas. DLH is too schooled and technical to fight that way. He doesn't have a Ricky Hatton style. I doubt that DLH will fight out of character (which is needed to beat Mayweather) but I do hope that he does!
I count myself as a DLH fan, but I'm not sure that he has the style to beat Mayweather. Although I think DLH would (easily) beat Ricky Hatton, I actually think that Hatton's style is what is needed for Mayweather.

If Mayweather wins, he should step up in weight and fight Jermain at 160 pounds - Mayweather would lose at that weight but it would be nice to see.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9321
Oscar OWNS Mayweather mentally already!...I see no way of Mayweather winning this fight...Oscar is a smart man and fighter..

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 220
oscar has more power and more talent than mayweather.this fight will start of slow with them being technical, studing each other.then get more physical by the 4 round.then oscar will knock out mayweather in the 10th.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 923

This PPV event will take in over 100 million.
They will be too busy watching the money.
When Oscar finish with Mayweather, it won't be
like any May weather to him. I think this fight will go the distance. Golden Boy wins by Unanimous Decision.

Silver Member
Username: Jdq

Post Number: 174
Love Oscar but Mayweather wins by decision

Silver Member

Post Number: 924

Hey Jdg
If you think so,show me the money.

Bronze Member
Username: Ouchi_collashi

Post Number: 76
Oscar De La Hoya by KO or will win by DQ. Mayweather has no chance (none) he isn't strong enough at this weight class. This is easy money bet the farm on Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar De La Hoya will drop him at least 3 times so it will end if the 3 knock down rule is in effect on the 3rd KO.

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
wow lots of de la hoya fans. I agree that oscar is a bigger more powerfull fighter mayweather will not be able to hurt him at the most get a flash knockdown. It will be an interesting fight I just hope it lives up to the hype. It should.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcharley

Port norris, N.j. U.s.a.

Post Number: 82
mayweather crushes him like a beer can 3-5 rounds. boxing is dead. the best division the heavyweight division has 4 boxers that claim to be the world champion but they never fight each other. ufc who just bought pride will pit the best against the best(example rampage jackson-chuck liddel on the 26th). they need undisputed champions in boxing. they have ruined the sport with boring, no action fights. hope they turn it around.

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 385
de la hoya by late KO or decision :-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6241
I like Oscar. I always have. Mayweather crumbles under Oscar's experience. Oscar will out "box" him and finally end his career. JMO.

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
how can you say the heavyweights are the best division Mrcharley when they havent had a good fight since Lennox Lewis retired. De La Hoys has been a huge ppv sell for many years how about pacqiou morales barrera jermaine taylor. The list can go on and on. UFC is good in its own way but start a new thread if you want to debate which is better I will gladly have a discission on that.

Username: Ftanl

Post Number: 6
I know this is like cheating, but I really need help with this unit. I apologize to everyone for posting off topic. I'll understand, but be totally lost of no one responds. Point me in the right direction please. Thank-You

I have a problem with a viewsat ultra. Everything on it is updated & was working fine. I moved it from my house to the cottage & upon returning home hooked it up again & a lot of channels were missing. I hooked up different Viewsat & Captive works and everything worked perfect.

I've checked & double checked every configuration over & over with no apparent difference between the 2 viewsats with exception to one having no signal on about 20 TP FREQ. example:

12253 .....20000.....V....5/6 No Signal
12224....20000......V.....5/6 No Signal
12311....20000.....V......7/8 No Signal
12574...20000......V.....7/8 No Signal

These are mostly XXX channels & PPV movies.
I wouldn't bother you with this, but I'm totally lost.
I've tried every trick in the book..with no luck.

I have a strong S&Q on every other channel, but those transponders or FREQ are simply out to lunch on this unit. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A+
Jason
I have my receiver hooked directly to the dish.
PS. When I do an antenna configuration I use:
nimiq1,3
LNB Universal/Standard

I click save & when I go back the 12239 is changed to 12224 where I have no signal

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 322
Have you guys seen the weigh in pics? De La Hoya has a 6 pack, he looks in seriously good shape. Better than I've seen him in years. Floyd is cut as usual. The war is on! DLH by KO!

Username: Peps

Post Number: 2
what sattallite is the fight on??110 or 119, can someone help?

Username: Peps

Post Number: 3
oh oscar will take it

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 170
I was surprised by how much bigger Oscar looked at the weigh in last night, and I've never seen him in such good shape.
I think it's gonna be a good one tonight.

Bronze Member
Username: Alwyzlosty

Post Number: 60
I need help I am so sorry I am not catching 455 and It seems strange I checked my satelitte and it changes from standard to dish pro?? Never before was it like that but it show I have good quality and level. I have a pnst2500a and My channels are very strange? can someone help me please My husband is going to flip if I can't fix this before he gets home! He can't miss this fight!! Well for my sake anyhow!!

Bronze Member
Username: Gastrognome

Post Number: 30
E.T.
If you have good signal, scanned your sats, and channels are not in correct DN order,press sat button on remote and select echostar package.

(assuming you are pointed to 110,119 to receive 455)

as for lnb i would set the lnb type to what it should be.-it has to be correct in order to receive all channels.

Bronze Member
Username: Cleo50

Post Number: 13
Can anyone tell me what channel the fight is on?

Bronze Member
Username: Gastrognome

Post Number: 31
www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/351794.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
fight is on channel 455 on Dish Network.

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 386
wow, that was actually good! and yup, i was wrong lol

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1116
As expected, Mayweather the better fighter. As the sportscasters noted, Oscar never beat a great fighter in that fighter's prime, and he still hasn't.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 819
I agree that Mayweather won. But, it's very lame of Mayweather to retire after this fight. After all, he's younger than Oscar.

I think that Mayweather is afraid to do a rematch. Ask Mayweather's father. LOL

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1117
Don't know what fight that judge was watching, saying Oscar won!

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 267
In my opinion the fight did not live up to all the prefight hype. If I had shelled out fifty four dollars I would have been disappointed. Not to say it wasn't a good fight. Just wasn't as good as the hype said it was going to be. As I thought, Mayweather was just too fast and accurate. Very elusive. If he only had a punch. He couldn't hurt Oscar.

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
Hawaiian Time, I personally believe Oscar beat Felix Trinidad but was robbed on the cards. And I also believe he beat Shane Mosley in the rematch and again was robbed. But that's boxing for you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 928

I would like say Thanks to Charlie for not changing the Keys. As for the show , I think these two guys trained to put up a show, not for a fight.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1118
Ranjeet, I believe Bernard Hopkins got robbed in his first fight with Jermain Taylor but that is boxing for you. No matter how you look at it, your record is your record. I really like Oscar, he's a gentleman in a savage sport and he is a great hall of fame boxer.

Silver Member
Username: Canndy

Www.livefta.com, Www.livefta.com Www.livefta.com

Post Number: 362
If any of you guys missed the fight... tooo bad!!!!! LiveFTA had the fight LIVE :D
[link removed]

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
Hawaiian Time, it's true that your record is what counts. But I'd still much rather believe my own opinion of who wins a fight as opposed to a 78 year old blind idiot who's possibly been paid under the table or influenced in some way to score a fight a certain way. It's always been like that in boxing, take into consideration the sport was run by mobs and thugs and still is to a degree. All sorts of shady things go on which even the FBI cannot seem to get to the root of.
I truly believe DLH after seeing the fight several times was blatantly robbed against Trinidad and robbed against Mosley in the rematch. Just like everybody and their mother knows that Lennox Lewis was robbed against Holyfield in the first fight which was ruled a draw, and the judge Eugenia Williams scoring the fight in favour of Holyfield showed obviously that boxing is a corrupt sport. Holyfield did NOT win that fight and the draw was another example of the corruption in boxing.
I won't accept a paid off judge to make the decision that Oscar was defeated by Felix Trinidad, and even the biggest Trinidad supporters know that Trinidad did not deserve that fight.
That's my stance on the matter.

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
One other thing, there are encyclopedias that could be written outlining all the corruption in boxing, from the fixed rankings, to money under the table, to the influence of judging. Hell was it not the WBA that once ranked a dead fighter into its top 10 without even knowing it? LOL!!!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1120
Man the list can go on and on with boxers getting robbed. Oscar should have won against Trinidad, that's true, but he could have erased any doubt if he finished the fight better. I was just as angry, I wanted Oscar to win. Don't get me wrong, Judges most of the time are incompetent fools. I say the only way to really win a fight is knock the other guy out and take it out of the judges hands. I don't really follow boxing anymore because of poor judging. The comment I made about the haven't beaten anyone in his prime is just a repeat of what the commentators said. And if he retires now, his record will say that. It's very sad that it's like that but fighters know they could be the next one who gets the shaft! That's the risk they take when they step in the ring. And what about refs? Richard Steele costing Meldric Taylor his match against Julio Cesar Chavez. There won't be an asterisk next to anyones record saying the judges or the ref blew it. Roy Jones Jr. should be an Olympic gold medalist, but I'm not going to get upset because someone says Roy Jones Jr. never won the Gold. That's boxing, pro or amateur.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 23
yeah yeah........DLH getting robbed.......what about Pernell Whitaker, Ike Quartey and Felix Sturm.......they defeated DLH clearly and were robbed by the judges......

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1123
True Jayson, I thought Pernell won his fight with Oscar.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us