Samsung HLS5087W

Username: Bsilverop

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

Thought I'd share a slight problem I'm having with my new Samsung HLS5087W. Occasionally, when I turn it on, the lamp light flashes for a few seconds, and then it powers off back into standby mode. No lights are flashing, just the red standby light that stays lit when the TV is off. Today was the first time it didn't turn on at the second try so I contacted Samsung. They set me up for service with some company that I have to call tomorrow. Anyone heard of an issue like this before? Thanks!

- Ben

Username: Sjones1

Post Number: 4
Ben,

Don't waste your time like I did...it's most likely your lamp. I got a replacement lamp from Discount-Merchant.com. Here is a link:

http://www.discount-merchant.com/Samsung-HLM437W1X-OEM-Replacement-LAMP-BULB-p/s amsung-bp96-00826a-lamp.htm&Click=1466

Samsung customer support SUCKS! BTW, ask Samsung if they'll sell the lamp for $129 and deliver in two days!

S.Jones, new to the forums and a pissed off Samsung owner...

Username: Bsilverop

Post Number: 3
The TV is only a month old, so samsung is sending someone out on Friday to take a look. Hopefully it doesn't cost me anything since it's under warranty. Funny that the lamp could already be causing the TV to not power on properly?

- Ben

Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 10
Ben,
I've seen this problem before. It's probably a faulty sensor for the lamp or the bulb hasn't been seated into the tv properly. Sometimes they tend to haves issues specially if they have been shipped to the end user.

Worse case senario its a factory defect and you get a 0day old TV!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us