KF-50WE610

Username: Hirobo

Post Number: 1
Hello

I am new here so hello everyone . in the past few weeks, i have noticed that the tv has developed faint purple spots on the screen. they are quite annoying, especially on a light background. they kind of look like this . does anyone have any knowledge on what this could be?

Thanks
Upload

Username: Kaarina82

Post Number: 4
I had a red spot like this on my KF50WE610. I just had it repaired yesterday. It's the optical block. This is the second time I had the optical block replaced on my tv. The first time I had the roadmap looking blob on my screen. After fighting with Sony for 2 years over it, they finally fixed it for free. Then I told them I wasn't going to give them a good rating on their customer service survey, so they gave me a free 6 month extended warranty as sort of an " apology" for my troubles. Luckily I had this because in the past 4 months since I had the first optical block replaced, I had to have the speakers fixed, the lamp replaced for the second time, and the optical block replaced once again. If you can't get Sony to pay for it, and it's out of warranty, the repair costs $1400.

Username: Hirobo

Post Number: 2
Actually, it was dust on the lcd screens in the optical block. i have cleaned them, and now the tv looks like it just came out of the box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us