Weird problems with 110/61.5 since added 119

Bronze Member
Username: Sahr

Post Number: 46
I need some help with my dish setup which I have not been able to resolve. The problems started when I added a LNBF on one of the dishes.

Originally, I had 2 dishes (18 inch size) with 2 LNBFs. One dish with one LNBF (with 2 output ports) pointed at 61.5 . The other dish with one LNBF (only 1 output port right side of LNBF, which I find bit strange) pointed at 110. The two dishes were connected to a switch (4ports). Switch port 2 was connected to 61.5 and switch port 4 was connected to 110. The output from the switch was going into Digiwave 7000. This setup was working without any problems.

Then, I added another LNBF (with 2 output ports) to catch 119. I used the standard bracket that is available and can mount 2 LNBFs for catching both 110/119 at the same time. I connected the 119 to port 3 of the switch. I also made sure that I am using right sides ports of the LNBF outputs, since the LNBF for 110 only has a right port for output. All ports in the Digiwave antenna setup also correspond to the switch.

The first time I scanned for 119 after the connections, I noticed that it is not catching any signal from 119. I also noticed that I lost 110 and no channels were appearing. So I changed the Antenna setup in Digiwave for 119 port to none and rescanned 110. All channels came back but with the suffix TV2356, etc. etc. So I disconnected 119 from the switch and rescanned 110 and all channels came back with their proper names.

After that, I reconnected 119 to port 3 of the switch and rescanned. This time channels for 119 appeared. Now here is the problem, I can only view half the channels. The channels that I can view on 119 are the ones which have Vertical polarization. Channels with horizontal polarization are not appearing although they are in the list. Other weird thing is that when I scan 119, it does not show any signal bar , but it is catching the channels. I have already checked the switch , incase I blew it up, but its working fine and I was careful to shut off the power to receivers before tampering with the switch. So :

How do I get all the channels on 119 without loosing 110?
Is it the LNBF of 110, which only has one port and is incompatible with 119 LNBF although both are dish network LNBs?

For switch setting port 2=61.5, port 3=119, port 4=110

Thank you to anyone who can solve this mystery!!!

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 796
It's difficult to troubleshoot unless we know exactly what type DN lnbs you are using as well as what kind of switch. Remember: dish pro lnbs (if you have that type) have built-in switches where 110 is port2 and 119 is port 1). It sounds like the lnbs are fighting for polarity on conflicting disecq ports.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9212
also remember that DP LNB's convert polarity to vertical..but most likely u just don't have the dish aligned correctly...and u should rewire the LNBs to the switch, and change the settings...these are standard port setting most used...keep as many things constant as possible..

119-#1...110-#2....61.5-#3
LNB type- I dunno...either ocs-dp or standard
22-off
scan-all

BTW...disconnect switch (unplug receiver), and run cable DIRECTLY to receiver and SCAN EACH LNB...this will ensure that U do in fact have the dish and LNB's for EACH satellite aligned correctly...once your receiver gets the 3 sats and all their channels correctly, then reconnect the switch..

and some more info about which type LNB's (Dish Pro or Legacy) and (Quad, TWIN, Dual, or single) and switch ( DP, SW, 22khz, disque) may help..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Everyone thank you for helping me to troubleshoot the system. Here is some more info along with images. I think all are legacy circular LNBs. The ones pointed at 119 and 61.5 are dual LNB while the one pointed at 110 is single LNB. All go into Digiwave Switch - 4X1 DiSEqC.

Upload
Legacy Dish Network Dual Feed LNBF pointed at 119

Upload
Legacy Single Single Feed LNBF Pointed at 110

Upload
DSS Dual LNB pointed at 61.5

Upload
Digiwave Switch - 4X1 DiSEqC 1.2 compatible

Gold Member

Post Number: 9226
yep..those are NOT Dish pro..Legacy Dual and single..and thats a disque switch..just try what I suggested, it should resolve any problems U have..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Thank you LK. I just switched 119 to port 1 and 110 to port 2 and conflits are gone. However, 61.5 started to loose channels on Horizontal so I switched it to port 4. Now everything is working.

Thanks again guys.

So now that I have port 3 of the switch available, can I add 91 to that port, or will it give conflits?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9228
It appears after reading your original and last post, that port 3 is defective on your switch..

Originally U had 119 on #3 with horizontal problems...and now again with 61.5 on port 3...thats NOT a coincidence!

I believe all u need is a new switch ($5) , then U will be all set and can add another LNB to the empty port..and remember to keep the switch weatherproofed (attic, basement, or tupperwae container)...and always keep a spare switch, cause they are cheap and do go bad sometimes..

Silver Member

Post Number: 797
I usually put some clear silicone on the switch connectors to weatherproof them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Thanks, good analysis. I will change the switch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Should I keep on using only the right side ports of the LNBs on all dishes or that does not make a difference for legacy LNBs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 798
It doesn't matter because the same signal (from sat 119) comes out of both ports.

Silver Member

Post Number: 799
You're thinking of a "twin" lnb, which has 2 eyes to catch two different sats. In that case, it would matter which port you used.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Thanks. On one of the sats, I have twin LNBs. One LNB is with two ports-dual feed, and the other one is with one port-single feed. I guess its going to make a difference if i add another receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us