Can't Record from HDD to DVD??????

Bronze Member
Username: Vivid

Post Number: 73
Hello There

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts orinfo on my problem? I have a Vision Quest PVR 5000 HDD DVD Recorder. I have lots of material recorded from Satellite, to the Hard Drive. I am now wanting to transfer that material from the HDD to DVD. I am having No Luck at all!!!

The manual simply says, select the HDD button on the remote. Then select the file from the HDD that I wish, then click record.

Problem, after pushing the HDD button, and then selecting the item I choose, Only (2) options are available, and neither of them work?

1.) Says to push either Add/Clear button. If I do so, it says the Disk is Full? Yet they're brand new.

2.) Says to push Rec to start recording from HDD to DVD. If and when I push Rec, the machine starts to say it's preparing, then nothing happens, and I just sit there wondering what's going on?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Also, one of the boxes that come up when trying this method asks me where I wish to record the material too? Either HDD or Optical Disk. I am selecting Optical Disk. That is what a DVD is correct?

I also bought a spindle of DVD+RW because that is what the manual said to use for this? Is that also correct?

I am sorry for the questions, I am just so confused. I can use timer recording, I can record anything I have set for, they are there in the HDD for me to see, but I just can't copy them to DVD.

Lastly, I also combined (2) shows that I didn't want combined. Is there a way to UnCombine them?

Thank you anyone who has any thoughts.

Sincerely,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us