Newbie with FTA Questions

Username: Angelo921

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone, I have some questions regarding the FTA.

1) A friend of mine has had his Pansat 2500 for about 3 years now and he said he has had no problems with FTA in regards to having to put in codes. He said that either his box automatically finds the new codes when needed or the program that is installed on their does it. He has never had any outages other than an occasional weather related one. Could this be possible?

2)Is it true that you only need one dish on your roof to be able to get all the channels available through the satellites in the sky and it does not matter where its pointing?

3) If you have an HDTV would you get HD channels like you do for cable tv and DISH network?

4) What are your thoughts on the Pansat 2700a?

thanks for your time
Angelo

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8986
1...your friend lies...sometimes u must manually input keys...there is NO "program" that autorolls the keys perfectly all the time..

2..not true...the number of dishes and LNB's determines how many satellites U can receive...and of course U must aim the dish PRECISELY at each satellite U want signals from..

3..if U have a HDTV , and an expensive unproven HD receiver, U can ONLY get about 30 HD channels from 1 satellite...Canadian Bev TV..

4...ALL Pansats suck!...I recommend Viewsat Ultra with USB stick

Post Number: 2
1) he swears by it that hes been up for almost 3 years now without having to do anything. Im not sure why he would lie about it. How often on the average would you say I would have to manually put in the keys and are they pretty easy to find on this board on what they are?

2) I have only one dish right now which was used to receive DISH Network in the past. How many channels would you say I would get?

3) Im not sure what you mean by an expensive HD receiver. All I would have is my Samsung HDTV and the Pansat 2700a box, with those 2 alone would I not get the 30 HD channels such as my local channels that come in now in HD? Ive never heard of Candadian Bev TV.

4) Why do you say all Pansats suck?

thanks again for your time
Angelo

Gold Member

Post Number: 8994
READ!...I dunno why your friend would lie...he's your friend , not mine!...U asked questions, I gave U the answers...I'm not doing any quiz shows...READ if U want to know more...its all here!...this is NOT 1 stop shopping network! ...LOL

Post Number: 3
thanks for your tremendous help.

Angelo

Gold Member

Post Number: 8996
OK...here ya go again!

1...keys maybe be neded to be manually input daily...or maybe once a month...it depends on the satellite company!

2...1 Dish 500 with 2 circular LNB's ( or 1 Dish pro twin LNB) will get 2 satellites 110-119, about 800-900 channels...I don't know which dish and LNB's U have, so how can anybody possibly answer your question about your dish...my crystal ball is broken.

3..as i already told U, U would need a HD FTA receiver for about $500 for those 30 channels..

4...Pansat sucks cause they never improve their software, which always has flaws..and and always is late releasing NEEDED software, compared to better manuafacturers..

Post Number: 4
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions..

My friend told me that he has a Superdish which is why he only needs one dish to get all the channels and does not need it pointed to a particular spot.

Currently I only have one single DISH receiver which was used to get all the DISH programming not counting international channels so if I get the Pansat 2700a then I would presume I would be able to get everything DISH has to offer (such as payper views) other than the international channels. Is that correct?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9000
NO...Your friend is full of BS...Superdish has 3 LNB's and each LNB must be aligned/aimed EXACTLY towards each of the 3 satellites...Either your friend is retarded or a liar!

as I explained twice already...U must have a DEDICATED LNB for EACH satellite U want...with ONLY 1 satellite U may get 15 channels or maybe 400, depends on what satellite U want and if the LNB is aimed correctly!

Your "presumptions" are 100% wrong!...U need to read and get a new friend...LMAO

If U think this is "plug n play, then U are mistaken!...and its NOT FREE TV either...U will pay!....hardware costs and many hours of reading initially and weekly to stay up to date , as things change often..!

Post Number: 5
Well he must be doing something right because the box he had programmed about 3 months ago is still working without him having to do anything.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1831
Yeah,subscribing maybe,thats the only way he been up that long without a interuption.

Post Number: 6
So if my box goes down then I would need to find the new code and enter it into the Pansat 2700a to be back up?

How hard is it to find the code?

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 878

Hey Filos
You keep saying codes. I think you mean Keys.
If I am right, you can find them here.
(24/7) 24 Hours 7 Days. We may douse, but we are never close.

Post Number: 7
Thanks, im getting the Pansat 2700a for only $70 from a friend so i think I will give it a shot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us