Beware FTA home Toronto

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 359
just to warn peeps, they will not help you at all after a sale, totally screwed me on a Card reader. You be warned :-)

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8948
is that a website or what?

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
retailer her in Toronto 2 locations, do online too I think. Really bad and I recommended them before. DONT DO IT!

Silver Member

Post Number: 362
FTA HOME and HU SHACK

and I spent alot there. I be a fool. But wanna help others :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8950
so whats the website addy?...and how did they screw you?...and did u contact www.satscams.org?

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
Im not gonna help promo them more than I need to. I will try that, Thanks LK. REALLY bad Customer service, lets leave it at that. And I was a regular :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
Cool*at Customer service are being pretty bad too. Dont buy a Cool*at!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8951
I have never had a need to call Coo*lsat,...all coo*lsats I have ever used or people I know with them have never had any problems..I would recommend a coo*lsat 5000 to anybody, especially a newbie, cause they are so simple and very reliable..

BTW...I wasn't asking for a promo or direct link to the bad sites , just a site name to stay away from...so I could warn others...but can't do that without knowing the site name and the facts about your experience..I don't believe identifying a site in a negative way, and telling the truth and facts of a bad experience with them, is "promoting" a site..

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
Im not recommending them anymore.. Mine is glitchy (goes black screen) and their customer service sucks.. Buy one if ya wnt but dont say I didnt warn ya!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2414
My expereince with almost all FTA dealers in Toronto is equivocal. They all want your business when you are buying but support is always mediocre. The way to get around is to go in to buy something new and then when you have your attention, ask the question you came to ask, or try and get the service you need making them really hope that you are about to post another order.
Having said that, every time I have gone to Hu-Shack at their store near Allen Expressway or at the flae market, they have always answered my questions in detail.

Silver Member

Post Number: 366
Others are much better, after sale wise and before. They are not the most knowledgeable (Told me I cant use a 3x4 and diseqc together, you can) Take it for what ya want, I WAS a customer, FTA home and Cool*at.

Username: Edenlandyn

Post Number: 7
hey L.K, your alright bro and edenman also here in T.O and if you got some wheels get to Maxx Satellite my buddy deals with them and he hasn't said anything yet. 7071 Airport Rd Unit 2A Mississauga 1 905 673 2353

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
Yes, yes, yes, Maxx rocks!! DID help me on a return once. Always a good deal 4 me. I will take the time and go from now on, let me tell ya :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
The more I have looked into it, it appears it may be the end for the 5000/6000. There are many new reports of Coo*at screwin custies, and they are stopping production of these models in the summer, plus alot of the oldtimers are wondering about support (not like the confidence they have in VS platinum support, also discontinued). Prices are down, free card readers.. Beware of Cool*at, and of course beware HUShack and FTA Home (Toronto)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8968
Customs has been an issue with all FTA receivers and dealers for many years now...why do u think many sites will NOT ship to canada...its NOT a Coo*lsat issue, it's ALL receivers!

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
Custies being customers.. I have seen an unusual ammt of Cool*at complaints recently, including me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us