Echo 7 ?????????

Silver Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 165
I have a Pansat 2700a , Boot B75 Bin 201 , it has been in a couple weeks my system has been up about 8 years . My problem is all of a sudden i can't get a lot of channels , No Signal , i did several blind scans , TP scans , Factory reset , checked the antenna , changed the port on the switch ,8.6 is fine , everytime i blind scan i get 182 channels which is about 100 short , Lot of TP's have no signal , My next move is i am going to change the lnb on the 8.6 to 7 and see if there is something wrong with the lnb then i am going to reinstall the lastest bin . Is there something that i have left out ?????????????? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8906
sounds like a plan..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2408
David Hunter. Installing the 203 BIN is a far easier and inexpensive procedure than changing the LNB. Why not do that first and see if it solves the problem?

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
Thanks Nalinbut i have done that , I keep rescaning butno good . I am missing ( a&e amc court twc the western channel . I have tweaked my antenna 3-4 times . What i did with the LNB'S is my 8.6 is fine so i switched the 8.6 and the 7 to see if there were a difference but no good . I was getting 182 channels i fooled with it and got 234 went out this morning and tweaked the antenna again and got 140 . I don't know but we will get it i am sure . I have had this problem before and i can't put my finger on it but it may be that big storm down south because i am in the norht east and my dir. is 231 deg i think . THanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8947
when U have many of the channels but not all...its usually 99% either

1... an improper dish alihnment that needs a slight adjustment...

2....or the missing channels are on another transponder that U are NOT picking up, and only a new scan will pick them up (if the dish is correctly aligned)...

its possible that u have some memory coruption too in receiver that can be cleaned out with a factory default, factory bin upload 2-3x, rescan each satellite, reset the antenna settings, upload latest bin, reboot receiver ...watch TV

its also possible U have bad/poor cable and connections which will weaken your signal and not receive all channels....or NOT a clear line of sight from the dish, due to a branch or some spring budding leaves etc

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 869

Hey David
I will agree With LK #1 above.....
I do not agree with his spelling. Alignment.

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
well right now i just did a factory reset and put in 201 did a blind scan and got 234 channels . that is what i been doing now i am going to change the wires from 7 to 8.6 since 8.6 gets 306 channels . I have one ? what is a factory bin . I have done a lot of reading but i never heard of a factory bin . It must be called something else Thanks Guys and gals

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
Well thanks to everyone that helped but i told you we would get it and we did . I went out and switched the wires from 8.6 to 7 and i got the channels back . It is hard ti fiq when both had almost the same quality but i guess i have a problem with my wires and they are about 200 feet under ground . Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us