Viewsat Ultra Help

Bronze Member
Username: Sheikers

Post Number: 15
I jsut recently purchased a ultra. I want to know how to get the perfect channel list. if i do a blind scan i get many doubles and alot of channels with no info. help appr.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 183
its best to do blindscan...check ur antenna settings..that could be a reason why you get so many doubles...first off do a factory default and make sure all channels are deleted
then go to antenna settings set all correctly (make sure if ur using dish pro have ur lnb set as ocsdp..that should get rid of a lot of ur doubles and also scan with vertical polarity for dish pro and that also should help)

if that doesnt work then go ahead use a channel list which can be easily downloaded from dsscentral or any reputable sites listed in the forum

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thnaks for your help, where can i findout info on vertical polarity and things like this.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 184
Its going to be in the antenna settings when you go for a scan. All of the stuff I have listed above is located in your antenna settings.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks again, skullz i know where to find it its jsut i dont know what its for. What do these settings mean, also i have 3 sats hooked up into a switch 119 61.5 and 91, the reciever only recognizes 119. also what does the sat meter mean and what does the quatlity meter mean? Sorry for burduning you but if you have time. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
also whats the LNB FREQ suppose to be at?

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 187
ok....first off what switch do you have and what dish do you have...are you sure its dish pro? If you do have dp (dishpro) then you need a dp34 switch. All other switches will not work with dishpro. Assuming you have that dish and that switch, your settings should be as below:
Echo 7 (119) = Port 1
Echo 8.10 (110) = Port 2
Echo 3 (61.5) = Port 3
The Frequency should be 11250.

Now since you said u had ur lnb connected to a switch and ur receiver only recognized 119..it is possible that you have a blown switch. The best way to check this is to connect the wire from lnb directly into ur receiver and see what you get.

The meter represents your quality and signal strength that you are receiving. Obviously the higher these are the better it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us