LK, I really need your knowledge on this one, please, any info would be appreciated.

Username: Raiderzfan

RIO RICO, AZ USA

Post Number: 7
This is what I wrote yesterday, but you probably read what the other guys wrote and thought my problem was solved, but I still have the same problem. I would really appreciate any input you might have. Banej and Dantetn, I really appreciate your help, but nothing changed. Thanks again... Here's what I got...

LK, I have read a lot of the posts here, but I don't think I have seen an answer remotely close to my dilemma. I had the new bin ;oaded into my VS xtreme. and I got all the channels fine. But since Sunday, it went back to the way it was before. I do not get any espn, half of the PPV, and half of channels 300-356. Well... pretty much I receive half of all the channels, which is not entirely bad... It's just half as good... Bad pun, I know, I know...
Here is what the antenna set up says:
Antenna set-up Echostar 8,10 110.0W
satellite Echostar 7 119.0W
LNB Power On
LNB Type Legacy twin LNB1
LNB freq 11250
22khz off
TP freq 12224
Search option all
diseqc 1.0 port 3
motor off
legacy sw SW21 dish 1

Antenna set up Echostar 8,10 110.0W
satellite Echostar 8,10 110.0W
LNB Power On
LNB Type Legacy twin LNB1
LNB freq 11250
22khz off
TP freq 12224
Search option all
diseqc 1.0 port 1
motor off
legacy sw SW21 dish 1

The antenna set up I have is A dish 500 antenna dish with 2 lenses separated(not in the same piece assebly, you know whata I mean, Dishpro I guess is what they call the 2 lenses in the same piece.) I have a SW21 switch and use ports 1 and 3.
On Friday, when I had the new bin loaded, I set up the settings, just like above, the only difference is that on the Echostar 7, it said Echostar 7 to the right of the antenna set-up. Now it doesn't. I says Echostar 8,10.
Well, LK that is pretty much my problem. Hopefully it's something you're familiar with, and could tell me what i have wrong in the set-up. Thanks, and I appreciate your help.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8886
so do U have a Legacy twin, Dish Pro twin or 2 Legacy or Dish Pro Dual LNB's?...your post is not clear...I think U have 2 legacy Dual LNB's, so your settings are wrong (LNB type)...

run cable directly from each LNB to ypur receiver and perform scan off each satellite, while power OFF the other satellite..now u will know if U are aligned with the dish correctly..if not all channels, U need to realign the dish..also sounds like since U have half channels on each sat, that the dish needs to be realigned

get rid of the sw21 switch and get a disque switch..cable the 119 ito port #1 and 110 into #2..

redo your settings

119...#1 and 110-#2
TYPE-standard
22-off
power on
all
motor off
sw-none

Username: Raiderzfan

RIO RICO, AZ USA

Post Number: 8
Thanks for the reply LK. here's what I have...
I have the dish 500 antenna dish.
the lenses are separated.
The weird thing is that when I installed the VSX, and set up the settings correctly, I got all the channels. Even Saturday, I got to watch the PPV fight. But on Sunday, Half of the channels were gone.
The thing I did notice, is that when I set up the VSX, on the antenna set up menu, when I was setting up echo 7, it said echo 7 right next to antenna set up. But now, it says antenna set up echo 8, but underneath it has the settings for the echo 7. I hope I am making sense. if not, on my first post, it says exactly, line by line what the antenna set up says. Thanks LK. But I will try what you reccomended.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8890
sounds like the dish has moved slightly...U may want to just realign it...maybe U had some winds or something lately..sw switches will work with the VS, but disque are very cheap ($5)and would change your settings..

BTW...U have 2 Dual LNB's ...if they are Dish Pro , then it says that right on the LNB's, otherwise they are legacy LNB's....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us