New 61.5 install

Username: Sanjay28

Post Number: 5
I added a dish for 61.5 to my existing set-up (110 & 119). The new dish is a DN compatible DishPro. The best signal I can get is about 65%. I read somewhere else on this forum that, that is strong enough to get the channels. When I do a scan, it picks up the stations, but I do not get any picture or audio. Is the signal too weak or is it another problem. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 158
the first thing you should check is your antenna settings and your diseqc switch..make sure ur antenna settings are correct and match those on the diseqc as well...first off you must provide a bit more info about ur situation...what receiver are you using? what bin? etc...and also list the settings as they are on your receiver so we know wht ur doing wrong...

Another possible solution is that you might have to wait or your keys to roll...or manually enter the latest keys..
good luck

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 159
also what swtich are you using...i beleive for dp you have to use a dp34 swtich...a reg switch isn't compatible with dp.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2389
http://www.microyal.com/dp-34a-instal-istrn.jpg

Post Number: 7
Thank you Mr. Skullz. Unfortunately, I'm not home right now, but I will check those setting and post those here tonight.

Post Number: 8
Nalin- I just looked at the attachment you posted; along with my receiver (PanSat 3500SD), I received a "splitter" which is NOT POWERED. Do I need a powered splitter for 61.5. The same one has been working fine for 110 and 119. (Sorry if this is a silly question - I'm a total newbie).

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 160
sanjay...a splitter will not work..you must use the dp34 switch to view these 3 sats at once. There is no such thing as a silly question...we all learn sometime. The only thing i suggest for you to do is read a bit more about ur receiver and these settings. Once you familiarize yourself with everything...so much stuff will make more sense.

Also since you don't have that switch right now, jus connect the lnb directly to your receiver and see if you get anything.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2391
Sanjay: many have sufferred from inadequate pwering of Pansat 3500. do as the diagram tells you to.

Post Number: 9
Thank you both for the advise. I finally had an opportunity to work on it earlier today. Before I did anything else, I rechecked the aim of the dish. It turned out that that was the problem - I thought I had it aimed correctly when I was pointing in the general direction and getting 65% signal. Just for the hell of it, I aimed the dish at the "correct" setting and even though I was not getting any signal at all, I did a scan - Believe it or not, all the channels starting coming in. When I went back to check the settings, It now showed a 90% signal, but when I did the scan it was 0%.

What I referred to above as a "splitter' came with the receiver so I assumed that it was OK to use. It is not powered and on the outside it says "Pansat 4 x 1" - I don't understand it, but as long as it works, I'm not going to mess with it. Thanks again for both of your input.

Sanjay

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8928
again nalin is wrong...hehehe

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 228
lol lk...u always find a way wit nalin

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8933
she's wrong 95% of the time...i don't have to look or find a way...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us