HLM507W - displays picture then freaks out (black/white & flickering)

Username: Dubitup

Post Number: 1
TV starts up fine, can hear the fans & color wheel start up. TV displays a picture for maybe 5 min before colors start acting up, then set displys teh picuture in black & white, sometimes freezing, then lamp goes out, get the 3 blinking lights. At times you can not shut off and needs to be unplugged. I've replaced the lamp and still does the same thing.

I've cleaned the inside, fans are working. I get a strange clicking/arcing sound from above the lamp just before it shuts off.

TV was purchased new Nov. 10 2002, I've had zero problems with this TV other than one bulb replacement.

Post Number: 2
bump

Can anybody provide any information?

Post Number: 3
Tech came out and it's teh DMD board....I'm going to be calling the ECS and hope I can get the parts & I pay for labor, this should not be happening to a 5 yr old TV..I will gladly sell all of my sammy products if they do not stand behind the and go back to Sony

Post Number: 4
Update:

After numerous calls, Samsung ECS agreed to pay for the parts and I pay for the labor. They did caveat that they will only cover this TV set once and no more.

They are faxing the service center the work order that should replace the entire light engine. <crosses> Let's hope that this fixes the set.

Post Number: 5
Final Update:

Samsung provided the entire updated digital light engine, complete with new ballast/buld free of charge. I had to pay for labor to fix. Total for the repair including the first diagnostics was $300. Tech installed and made some slight changes to the setting and it is up and running.
This forum was what I neede to find to help get smsung to back their product, which they did. I'm so far very happy with the customer service I received.

Thanks for the info.
Alex

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7098
^^^I've never seen anything like that before.

Glad you're happy tho.

Post Number: 6
like what Paul?

I've read numerous posts here that state that Sammy has supplied parts and the customer pays for the repair.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us