Sony Wega KDF-55XS955 wont show a picture

Username: Dbldown768

Post Number: 1
I have a KDF-55XS955 tv that is less than 2 years old. I have a problem where my tv will not start up. when i turn it on the standby light just flashes green. There is no set number of times. It seems to do it like 36 times and then pause and starts over again. I had a similar problem before and I unplugged the tv from the wall for a bit. Once i plugged it back in, it has been working for over 6 months. now the problem has surfaced again. I have contacted sony about this problem, no information was given over the phone of course and a technition needs to be sent to my house. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what part might have gone bad? The lamp light is not on so im assuming that the bulb inside is still good. How can sony make a tv that doesnt even last 2 years!

Update: I just came home after leaving the tv unplugged for a few hours, and the tv starts to display a picture and then it goes away. it seems to keep repeating this if i leave the power on. evertime the picture starts to show, the tv shuts off.

Username: Rgruenhaus

Pensacola, Fl Usa

I have the same unit and it was working just fine last night and the power in the house glitched this morning not long enough to have to have to reset the time on clocks and I am now seeing the same as you are with yours. Mine is just over two years old. At first I did see the bulb light red and I turned off the power to the tv and did a reset and it was back on for a minute but started the green blinking power light and the pic is showing up and going away after time when the light blinks and then goes off like a power problem to the lamp section. Seeing as how it is the power light that is blinking and I haven't checked further yet, I would think it has a power supply problem. I will check further. The manual only talks of the bulb light and nothing of the power light blinking.

Username: Miskolina

I have the same unit as well - with the same problem too! Strange how all of ours are around the same age with the same problem.... Mine comes on when it wants to, sometimes after numerous resets sometimes not.

Username: Dbldown768

Post Number: 2
I just thought i would write, I did buy a replacement bulb and that solved my problem. After 3 days of b*tching at Sony, I only got them to pay 25% of the lamp price. I cant understand how a TV cant even last 2 years.

Username: Rgruenhaus

Pensacola, Fl Usa

Post Number: 3
I got a Sears maintenance agreement for two years for $317.00 with taxes and the tech who came had to order the lamp and a power supply, only to find that it was just the bulb! He says that Sears charges almost $400.00 for the bulb and $200.00 for the labor. Amazing. Well the bulb was the only part needed. My bulb only had 1950 hours on it and he says that they usually last 6000 hours! Sony must be putting the cheap bulbs in these tv's only to have them burn out sooner than expected and making a bundle on the replacements. Sony really needs to have a recall on these tv's or have a lawsuit placed on them. Class action lawsuits are only good for lawyers though. So Sony should act in good faith.

Username: Mirzo

Post Number: 2
KDF-55XS955 2 1/2 years old. Same problem. Started yesterday and today I can not turn on my TV anymore. So, is it lamp? I mean Standby button flashed for 6 times and that is it. I can not hear usually noisy fan either. Any ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us