Plasma TV (VIZIO 42" Plasma) HUMS, how to reduce/eliminate?

Username: Adam315

Raleigh, NC

Post Number: 1
I recently purcahsed a Vizio 42" Plasma YV from costco for $1000.00 . When there is no volume or low volume you can hear a humming noise coming from the center of the screen. The noise can be heard from about 15 feet away, so its more then a whisper.The humming sound can not be heard when the TV is at normal volume levels except when there is silence or a pause in the action.I am not sure sure if this is the fan location or not, but can I elminate or reduce the sound? The noise drives me crazy!
Do the LCDs screen also have the fans,,,do they hum? Does your plasma produce a humming noise?

Will a power conditoner help to elminate the sound?

Thanks for any help. Any suggestions are welcome!

Bronze Member
Username: Frank1203

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 71
Adam - I have a 1 year old LG Plasma with pretty much the same issue that you are experiencing. I also posted in this forum, but received no replies. One thing I can tell you is that I also have the Plasma plugged into a Furman Power conditioner that is located behind the mounted Plasma and I still get the humming / buzzing sound. Actually, I thought the humming was coming from the Furman, but I am now pretty certain its coming from the TV. If you get any ideas about how to correct this - let me know!

Username: Techme

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 2
YOU NEED TO REPLACE THE DIGITAL NOISE FILTER

Username: Techme

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 3
YOU NEED TO CHANGE SOUND BOARD ON UNIT.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help