Anybody know anything about the Sony 46" 16:9 KP46WT500?

Edgar V.
Anybody know anything about the Sony 46" 16:9 KP46WT500? I'm looking for an HDTV, and this one pretty much fits all of my criteria, in terms of size and price and such. Anybody have any opinions on this TV?

Anonymous
Edgar,

That is supposed to be a really good TV. Although
there have been some complains about the larger size, Sony got the 46" right. One thing you should consider is that the new model (46WS510) is scheduled to be out in July, although most likely not until August. I personally would wait for the new model, but you might be able to get a lower price knowing that the new model is coming out.

Anonymous
Hi,

I just purchased it last week from onecall.com. Just in 4 days after ordering it was delivered. I installed it myself and so far its great and I am enjoying it. Good picture quality and I liked a lot of the new features it has.

Anonymous
Did you get the old 500 or the new 510? Are you using cable or dish? Give us as much info as possible. Thanks.

darin b. Arcadia, Ca.
I bought the tv - 46" from circuit city on memorial day for 1,599.99.00 (without stand). It rocks- the picture quality is amazing. I shopped around and did a lot of research- You will not find a better picture unless you go plasma (wait till the prices drop on those). I have an apartment so the size is perfect for me. I even feel the picture is better on this particular sony model, as opposed to the larger sony televisions currently available. I am a DVD freak- I own over 1000 dvd's (criterion collector as well) and it is like watching them all again for the first time. I have it hooked up to digital cable and the regular television channels look great as well. I use a surround system, but the speakers offered with the television alone also sound great. Make sure you get a stand, because the picture quality will enhance greatly with the added lift and visibility level it provides. This site will improve the quality of the picture if you need the assistance----- (http://www.beststuff.com/article.php3?story_id=604 - ----- The key is sharpness. Most people think increasing sharpness will enhance the picture, however when you turn it all the way to zero the picture is actually one-hundred times better-check it out. ask questions if you got em i'll check back.

edgar v.
thanks for the feedback guys. i did buy the KP46WT500 ($1500 plus 2 years no interest @ bestbuy), and i love the features, especially the sound and the pip. as for the picture quality, i have basic cable, and the picture isn't that great. i'm planning on getting digital cable. will that help my picture?

dvd's look great, and i only use my PS2, with the standard composite cables. if i get component cables, will that help my dvd picture (and games) also?

darin b., what are the best settings for the KP46WT500?

thanks again

Anonymous
Edgar, let us know if the digital cable helps the pq. I noticed a big difference between the composite and s-video cable, but I heard the difference is less between s and component. I recommend the Monster Cable version over the PS cables. I think you should consider getting a progressive scan DVD player anyway, especially the new ones with a DVI input. Was there any reason you didn't get the new 46WT510?

edgar v
is the 46wt510 out yet? it wasn't when i bought the 500. i think the deal i got (like i said, 2 years no interest, $1499) was because the new one was coming out. but everything i read said that it was a good tv, so since i could get a great deal, why bother paying more for the new one? plus, i REALLY needed a tv as quickly as possible, and couldn't wait much longer. maybe i was foolish, but i don't think so. i even had a tv table already, so i don't have to worry about the stand.

i will let you know as soon as i get digital cable. and i plan on getting the monster component cables this weekend. thanks for the tip.

Anonymous
any reviews yet on the 510, thinking about buying it this week.

Anonymous
I just read that the 510 still takes 720p and displays it at 480p. I hope that isn't true because I remember reading it would go to 1080i. I would like to hear some reviews as well.

I bought mine in May and have no regrets other than not purchaseing the stand yet. Its been flawless. My kids use it for Playstation 2 and X-Box and it looks fantastic. I have digital cable and it really brings out the best in this unit. Ive only whatched a couple HDTV shows and those were quite impressive too.

I have had mine since early March, great TV. Using digial cable and proscan DVD, You won't be disappointed.. anyone need the Sony stand designed for it I will be selling mine later this month :) building a wall unit with fireplace, bookshelves and the Sony 46 built right in....

What is the difference between sony kp-46wt500 and sony kp-46wt510? the price, quality, options, features, and so on.

Kenny
I just bought the 510 from Sears for $1598.49. It comes with a either a free progressive scan DVD player or a $79.99 credit to be used towards any DVD player of your choosing. Also 1 year no interest/no accrued interest on unpaid amount and free delivery. I had a question as well about the 720p capability of this TV and I emailed SONY about it. The response said that the 510 does in fact display 720p natively and does not either downconvert to 480p or upconvert to 1080i. Obviously the TV does do 1080i as well, but it does not convert 720p to anything - it simply displays 720p natively - yea! SONY also confirmed that this is the major difference between the 500 and the 510. The 500 does not handle 720p natively.

I recently bought the Sony KP46WT500, installed TW Digital Cable but the setup does not allow me to use the PIP function. Any advise?

Patty
We just bought the "510" at Circuit City for $1399 along with the Dream DVD System DAVFC8 for $599. Waiting for delivery but looks like we got a good deal on them both. Look at CompUSA for deals. They've just begun a home entertainment department and prices on Hitachi 51" and 57" are very low.

I just bought the "510" and couldnt be happier. I was wondering though if it is worth buyng the Monster Power Circuitry outlet. I was told by the salesperson at Best Buy that it increases the quality of the picture. Is it worth the $149.00 price tag?

Also, anyone have the 510 stand for sale?

Thanks, Mike

cso
Unregistered guest
Bought the 510 today at Sears. They had a Christmas promotional where the tv was on sale for $1519.00, plus you got a $100.00 instant rebate and a doorbuster discount from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. of an additional 10% off. This dropped the price to $1277.99. We haven't received it yet, but think we got a good deal. Everything anyone has written about it sounds good, so guess we'll see.

saqdeez
Unregistered guest
cso, congrats on a great deal, that is awesome! please post your review when you get it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us