DP 500 dual LNB question?

Username: Edouble

Post Number: 5
We installed a DP 500 Dual LNB with Pantsat 2700 recievers. We catch 110 signals but never been able to catch 119 signals. So my question is, is it possible that my dual LNB is defective or that it is not installed properly?

Maybe I am a lil new at this so I appologize for my ignorance but being that both LNB's are on one pod shouldnt both catch a signal if one is catching?

Echo 8.6 comes in at 85 % level and fluctuates anywhere from 80% to 90% on the quality. I believe this is 110 signal .

Username: Kc4njx

Bradenton, Fl Usa

Post Number: 6
if u have a dp dual lnb, ur only going to recieve from one bird, being ur only getting 110 thats what ur on..if u have a dish 500 u can get another dual and a switch, perferably a 34 switch, w/ 1 line coming from 119 and one from 110.. if u have a dp twin u need to go from, 1 line from the 119 side and then the other from the 110 side to the switcher.. theres no dum questions here.. some one will always help u... bob

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2579
A DishPro Twin or Quad and even a DishProPlus Twin has a built in switch so you DONT need another switch. The line itself carries both signals already 110 & 119.

Username: Edouble

Post Number: 6
Upload

So I have 2 coaxial wires coming from position 1 & 3 on the LNB, going to ...

Upload

this RCA dual lnb/ distribution multi-switch, from there its splti to three recievers.

any other insight? any and all would be appreicated.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8591
That is a Dish Pro Plus TWIN (DPP) LNB and receives 2 sat signals (110-119) with the capability of receiving a 3rd LNB and sat when 2nd dish is connected to the LNB IN port..

U need to do some serious READING...first U need to know the sat CORRECT terminology before U can ask and converse about satellites..

Next U can use that particular DPP TWIN LNB with FTA, but U must align/aim the dish correctly...then U must configure the receiver settings correctly, and lastly U may/probably need an additional power source to that LNB..

BTW, some FTA receivers will never accept DPP LNB's also...all receivers , even if the same make/model are different!

FYI...a DUAL LNB has ONLY 1 "eye" so can ONLY receiver 1 sat signal, BUT is called DUAL because it has 2 OUTPUTS for 2 receivers!...NOTICE how your pic of your LNB has 2 "eyes' (round white plastic covers), so it has 2 LNB's (for 2 sat signals)joined into 1 unit with 2 outputs (for 2 receivers), so its called a TWIN LNB, and since it also has an "LNB IN" connection and says Dish Pro PLUS logo on it its a DPP TWIN LNB..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8592
Also, in your pic, there is NO port #3...the Twin LNB's all have internal switches...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8593
BTW...U should read here first before U post ..and since U have 3 receivers U will need a DP switch...read a c/p from NJ below..

PRFRMNJ
Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2571
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 11:52 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will post this again but notice the added information based on the above tests...

Dish Pro Twin or Quad & Dish Pro Plus Twin

I am going to attempt to clarify what appears to be a big confusion for some and the topic of misquoting for others.

First things first -- Dish Pro Equipment is very FTA Friendly and probably the easiest to set up. It is the setup and understanding of this equipment that give some people headaches. There is a big difference between Dish Pro LNB's and Dish Pro Plus.

Similarities:

- They both have a built in switch which allows for direct connection to the receiver.

- They can be used to bring in the signal of any combination of two satellites provided they are less then 10 degrees apart.

- They work with most if not all FTA Receiver on the market today.

- They can be mounted on a Dish500 dish.

Differences:

- Power requirement for the Dish Pro Plus is higher when using the Input and runnign a third LNB. This creates the necessity to either keep a DN Receiver connected to port #1 of the LNB or to use a Power Insert.

- Dish Pro Plus has a built in 3 way switch and one input which allows you to receive signal from two different satellites with the main LNB and add a third satellite by installing a variety of LNB/Dish combination. AGAIN WHEN RUNNING A THIRD LNB YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP EITHER THE DN RECEIVER CONNECTED OR A POWER INSERT.

- Dish Pro Plus LNB signal can be split when using DN Dual Tuners.

- You CANNOT split the signal with a regular Dish Pro Twin or Quad LNB.

Dish Pro 34 Switches and Dish Pro Plus 44

READ CAREFULLY -- While you can use a Dish Pro Switch with Dish Pro Plus LNB's, you CANNOT use a Dish Pro Plus switch with a Dish Pro LNB

- Dish Pro 34 switches are very easy to use and install.

- The Dish Pro 34 switch does NOT require an addition power source. You can use this switch with any of your FTA Receivers and NOT need to keep your regular DN receiver!

Only use this switch to run a 3 satellite 4 receiver system with a Dish Pro Twin LNB.

If you are going to run a 2 satellite system and 4 receivers then just use a Dish Pro Quad LNB.

- The Dish Pro Plus 44 switch DOES require a power insert which is provided with the switch. I would NOT recommend using this switch as you really don't gain anything with it unless you are running a complete DN installation and not FTA.

Bottom Line -- You can use Dish Pro Plus equipment and if you want the setups I will be more then glad to help you with it, but it is not worth the headache!

Even if you have a dual tuner which requires the Dish Pro Plus capabilities, you can always run to lines into that tuner from a regular Dish Pro LNB. Not to mention you can combine the Dish Pro 34 switch with up to 4 switches and get up to 12 receivers!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us