Poor signal on hd sets

Username: Drdarren

Post Number: 3
ok i have done a review of my setup and this is what i have found

from my main cable line, it attaches to a tap. the tap connects to a 2W-1000mA amplifier. that attaches to a two way splitter. on the 2way splitter are 2 more 2way splitters, each one going to a tivo and to hd cable box from each splitter.

my analog and digital signals on the hd sets and not great and i would like to improve them. what else can i do? i just bought a motorola amplifier 25-2000 with +15db gain but i have not put it in yet. before i open it , i was hoping for input from this forum.

from the "out" port on the tap, it connects to a 4 way splitter, which goes to 4 tvs.(these i am not really concerned about since they are not hd and they are smaller) i would like to know though if i can attach another amplifier before this 4 way splitter to improve the signal.

Silver Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 107
a suggestion:
before you get any more complicated with multiple splitters, try running the main cable line directly to the HDTV if it has a QAM tuner. Let it scan for channels and see what you get and check the picture quality. With all the feeds you want to run, you may have to invest in a high quality distribution amp with multiple taps, fed directly from the main cable line into your house and get rid of all the splitters. Checking the primary signal from the cable company will at least tell you what you have to work with at the start, before distribution or splitting

Username: Drdarren

Post Number: 4
thanks i will try it out

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 963
That is correct
Always run a straight line in to rule out possibility.

- If problem still showing it will be cuz utility line connectors got moisture or simply incorrectly crimmped.
- It can also be bad house cables or connectors.
Upload

For HD: RG-6 Quad Shield is the way to go:
- There are so many different Coax cables Rg-58,59 etc.
- There is also RG-6 double shield as well as quad shield.
- Quad shield is only 5 or 10 cents more per foot.
IT IS WHAT I RECOMMEND.
- Will other cables work? yes they will.
- Best proven product in the market today.
RG-6 (Quad shield). Very little or no DB loss.
Great for up to 150 feet before your Splitter/DISEqC Switch

- Same issue with compression connectors, snap and seal. Great weather resistant. Less problems
- Ground your metal coupler, splitter or DISEqC switches etc.
- Your connection will last you 50 years good for all weather condirions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us